Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    That was wayy b4 my time. I saw Coulter at CU a few months ago. Those are her words, but I guess
    She must've been popular at CU.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    She must've been popular at CU.
    No
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    No
    Sorry, I guess I didn't add enough sarcasm to that statement.

I'm sure you are the shining beacon of conservatism in the engulfed by the darkened hell of liberalism in that town.
    I'm sure you are the shining beacon of conservatism in the engulfed by the darkened hell of liberalism in that town.
    Sigh....I try
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    post your own information about how great and un-stupid Bush is. Show us all how much the GOP has done for us (start with the minimum wage and bankruptcy, then explain how deficits don't really matter if its the GOP causing them).
    Guess this is not possible.

I'll help you a bit on the bankruptcy thing... something your party should be especially proud of:

From ariannaonline.com

"So what does the bill do? It makes it harder for average people to file for bankruptcy protection; it makes it easier for landlords to evict a bankrupt tenant; it endangers child support payments by giving a wider array of creditors a shot at post-bankruptcy income; it allows millionaires to shield an unlimited amount of value in homes and asset protection trusts; it makes it more difficult for small businesses to reorganize, while opening new loopholes for the Enrons of the world; it allows creditors to provide misleading information; and it does nothing to rein in lending abuses that frequently turn manageable debt into unmanageable crises. Even in failure, ordinary Americans do not get a level playing field.
    Time and again over the last week, the Senate shot down amendments that would have made the bill a bit less mean-spirited. They denied proposals that would have made it easier for military veterans, the sick and the elderly to qualify for bankruptcy protection. They even rejected an amendment that would have put a 30 percent ceiling on the interest rates credit card companies can charge.
    The president, well aware that credit card giant MBNA is one of the Republican Party's largest donors, has promised to sign the bill as soon as someone hands him a pen."

GOP.. representing the greedy.
    So when are you getting evicted? I mean, you can't be pulling in much from 7-11 when you're spending all day looking for links from obscure, insignificant websites.
    Poor nudist is resorting to quoting his own posts.
    The president, well aware that credit card giant MBNA is one of the Republican Party's largest donors, has promised to sign the bill as soon as someone hands him a pen."

GOP.. representing the greedy.
    Because somebody is trying to collect on a DEBT that was legally entered into, you think they're greedy?

Wow, nudist, let me borrow a few thousand dollars, and when I won't pay it back, keep to your guns and don't sue me....give me a break.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9.    #109  
    So when are you getting evicted? I mean, you can't be pulling in much from 7-11 when you're spending all day looking for links from obscure, insignificant websites.
    no comment about the bankruptcy legislation, as expected. anything but addressing the issues.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Because somebody is trying to collect on a DEBT that was legally entered into, you think they're greedy?

Wow, nudist, let me borrow a few thousand dollars, and when I won't pay it back, keep to your guns and don't sue me....give me a break.
    That's a simplistic response to the provisions of the legislation.
    I think the issue is not someone evading a debt, but catastrophic situations that ruin families futures and leave no recourse to start over. yet this legilation allows the wealthy to preserve their fortunes and allows credit card companies to jackup interest rates exorbitantly. that seems a bit on the greedy side, don't you think?
    (start with the minimum wage and bankruptcy, then explain how deficits don't really matter if its the GOP causing them).
    LOL. So I guess we should raise the minimum wage to $20 an hour so everyone makes decent money even in crap jobs AND we should make it realy easy to go bankrupt so we can all run up thousands in debt and then walk away from it. My sides hurt from laughing.

Nudist, you are totally clueless. What's next? you want us to send our paychecks to you?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    That's a simplistic response to the provisions of the legislation.
    I think the issue is not someone evading a debt, but catastrophic situations that ruin families futures and leave no recourse to start over. yet this legilation allows the wealthy to preserve their fortunes and allows credit card companies to jackup interest rates exorbitantly. that seems a bit on the greedy side, don't you think?
    No i don't. There are times when circumstances beyond ones control can happen, no doubt. However it is far to easy for people, who due to their own reckless habits, to wipe the slate clean.

The law, as it would be changed to, would make it harder for people to file a Chapter 7 (dissolving most debts.) Chapter 13 is still available.

The bill would require individuals whose income exceeds the state's median and who can pay at least $6,000 over five years to file under Chapter 13 instead. In that type of bankruptcy, debtors are required to repay most of their debts over several years.

I don't think that is unreasonable, nor greedy.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    no comment about the bankruptcy legislation, as expected. anything but addressing the issues.
    Nope, no comment. If you can't afford to pay it off, don't take on the debt. Sounds like a sound fiscal policy. Isn't that what you Dems are always trying to push onto the rest of us? Or is that only when it applies to a Republican term in office?

Besides, I'm running plays right from the "Posting by Nudist" playbook. It doesn't matter what you say, or how many times you say it, if your goal is just to annoy.

Obviously my lack of rebuttal annoys you, so we'll stick with that for a bit.
    this legilation allows the wealthy to preserve their fortunes and allows credit card companies to jackup interest rates
    Oh no the wealthy are allowed to preserve their fortunes . Thats a telling statement on your part. You despise the wealthy.

If a person files bankruptcy why do they care about interest rates? They shouldnt be allowed to get credit cards in the first place.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Oh no the wealthy are allowed to preserve their fortunes . Thats a telling statement on your part. You despise the wealthy.

If a person files bankruptcy why do they care about interest rates? They shouldnt be allowed to get credit cards in the first place.
    "If a person files bankruptcy why do they care about interest rates?"
    Eventually the bankruptcy gets lifted and they start all over.

"They shouldnt be allowed to get credit cards in the first place."
    What should they be allowed to get? You make Bankruptcy sound like an ethnicity. LOL.
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    A law that serves to wipe out the financial future of middle class people while preserving the fortunes of the "elite" is dispicable. I said nothing about despising the wealthy.
    The exorbitant interest rates in many cases drive people to bankruptcy. REASONABLE interest rates (even if someone is late on a payment) could prevent many bankruptcies. Are you too simple minded not to realize the effect of 30% interest rates on the non-wealthy? This is one of the least intelligent points you have ever tried to make. "rolleyes"

You must be one of the "compassionate" conservatives. what an oxymoron!
    A law that serves to wipe out the financial future of middle class people while preserving the fortunes of the "elite" is dispicable. I said nothing about despising the wealthy.

The exorbitant interest rates in many cases drive people to bankruptcy. REASONABLE interest rates (even if someone is late on a payment) could prevent many bankruptcies. Are you too simple minded not to realize the effect of 30% interest rates on the non-wealthy? This is one of the least intelligent points you have ever tried to make. "rolleyes"

Blah, Blah, Blah, more moronic dribble.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Blah, Blah, Blah, more moronic dribble.
    I'm noticing a trend in your recent postings

Yes, Nudist is like a scratched record, of GOP hate

So the credit card companies are responsible for bankruptcy, not the consumer who spends beyond their means? That is hilarious.

Boo hoo it's not my fault I am broke. The cc companies charged me too much interest on my cards when I maxed em out and couldnt make the payment.

Obviously the idea of personal responsibility escapes you.
    — Ed Howdershelt
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast