Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 157
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #21  
    Here is my thoughts..................as if any of you really care :

    1) There should definitely be a paper trail to track votes.

    2) A central tabulator that is online is just asking for trouble. Instead I think the machines that take votes should be a seperate entity. Then at the end of election day the are picked up by the FEC then plugged into a non internet enabled tabulator.

    3) Make a voting card like a driver's license. If you are not supposed to get one then you don't get one (i.e. felons in Florida are not allowed to vote). Then just as a DL has a magnetic stripe on the back of the card, a voting card would have the same. Therefore allowing you to walk up to a polling place and "swipe" your voting card through. This would check the status for voting (i.e. recent felons who have not changed their voting card).

    4) There should be NO challengers from EITHER party allowed in or around a polling place. I saw the little (26yo) (R) yuppies hanging out IN polling places in the ghetto, challenging the residents voting rights. How would this same guy felt if the Dems sent a big brother into their upscale neighborhood polling place to challenge their voting rights?

    5) Make the process of finding a place to cast your vote easier.

    6) Make sure that their is ENOUGH machines for the population of any given area. Some places had a wait of four(4) hours or more just to cast a vote. I myself had a wait of two(2) hours. This would also have the added benefit of getting more people to polling locations, because the voting process would be quick and easy.

    These are a few of things I could suggest. Tell me what you guys/gals think.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Here is my thoughts..................as if any of you really care :

    1) There should definitely be a paper trail to track votes.

    2) A central tabulator that is online is just asking for trouble. Instead I think the machines that take votes should be a seperate entity. Then at the end of election day the are picked up by the FEC then plugged into a non internet enabled tabulator.

    3) Make a voting card like a driver's license. If you are not supposed to get one then you don't get one (i.e. felons in Florida are not allowed to vote). Then just as a DL has a magnetic stripe on the back of the card, a voting card would have the same. Therefore allowing you to walk up to a polling place and "swipe" your voting card through. This would check the status for voting (i.e. recent felons who have not changed their voting card).

    4) There should be NO challengers from EITHER party allowed in or around a polling place. I saw the little (26yo) (R) yuppies hanging out IN polling places in the ghetto, challenging the residents voting rights. How would this same guy felt if the Dems sent a big brother into their upscale neighborhood polling place to challenge their voting rights?

    5) Make the process of finding a place to cast your vote easier.

    6) Make sure that their is ENOUGH machines for the population of any given area. Some places had a wait of four(4) hours or more just to cast a vote. I myself had a wait of two(2) hours. This would also have the added benefit of getting more people to polling locations, because the voting process would be quick and easy.

    These are a few of things I could suggest. Tell me what you guys/gals think.
    Sounds like a place to start
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Here is my thoughts..................as if any of you really care :
    I care!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. #24  
    Wait....isnt that like a national identity card??

    How would illegal aliens get to vote??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  5. #25  
    troll

    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    I might suggest the following:

    1. If you don't care for my posts, don't bother reading or responding. That's how you generally deal with "trolls"

    2. If you don't agree with the facts or opinion in my posts, dispute it with your own facts. Don't comment about me.

    3. Make a list things that convince you that this was a fair election, or a list of the positive and wonderful things that Bush and the GOP has done for America and/or the world. Perhaps I (or others) might want to dispute a few of them.

    I, for one, would not disagree with you or your list(s) by commenting on you personally.

    .. or continue as you have been. doesn't matter to me. I enjoy how intelligently you make your "points"
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I care!!
    Thanks Sua, makes feel wanted. LOL
  7. #27  
    Nudist, please do not cut and paste from other sites. Leave a link. It makes everyone's life easier and you arent' stealing people's work either. And besides, I don't see why I should have to go looking for a link to help you out when it would be much easier for you to do it first. And just because you say you are going to cut and paste something doesn't mean it's okay. Thanks.
  8. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Wait....isnt that like a national identity card??
    Not any different than your average voting card, except it has been updated to the 21st Century.

    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    How would illegal aliens get to vote??
    They wouldn't be able to, and that is the beauty of it. Illegals should get nothing. Become a legal resident then we will talk.
  9. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Nudist, please do not cut and paste from other sites. Leave a link. It makes everyone's life easier and you arent' stealing people's work either. And besides, I don't see why I should have to go looking for a link to help you out when it would be much easier for you to do it first. And just because you say you are going to cut and paste something doesn't mean it's okay. Thanks.
    Under the law aren't you allowed to snip up to 4 paragraphs?
  10. #30  
    What were they doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    4) There should be NO challengers from EITHER party allowed in or around a polling place. I saw the little (26yo) (R) yuppies hanging out IN polling places in the ghetto, challenging the residents voting rights.
  11. #31  
    What is it about nudist's posts that irk all of you? I just see him bringing stuff about about voting machines. So what? All of you react like you are personally insulted. I do not understand repeatedly and personally attacking someone just for bringing up an opposing political view.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    I might suggest the following:

    1. If you don't care for my posts, don't bother reading or responding. That's how you generally deal with "trolls"

    2. If you don't agree with the facts or opinion in my posts, dispute it with your own facts. Don't comment about me.

    3. Make a list things that convince you that this was a fair election, or a list of the positive and wonderful things that Bush and the GOP has done for America and/or the world. Perhaps I (or others) might want to dispute a few of them.

    I, for one, would not disagree with you or your list(s) by commenting on you personally.

    .. or continue as you have been. doesn't matter to me. I enjoy how intelligently you make your "points"
    1. No trolls get booted.

    2. We are tired of your nonsense, move on, you lost twice !

    3. All you do is cut and paste your from various threads, you will not sway anyone, just wasted hard drive space.

    4. It is not our job to convince you of anything.

    GET A LIFE !
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    What is it about nudist's posts that irk all of you? I just see him bringing stuff about about voting machines. So what? All of you react like you are personally insulted. I do not understand repeatedly and personally attacking someone just for bringing up an opposing political view.
    This is what he does daily. He needs to move forward !
  14. #34  
    He could of easily included many starter threads as posts in other threads he has created. He has simply become a post troll. Regarding this thread it's not an opposing political view, it's imaginary stuff. No proof of it. Even mainstream leftist media discounts it.

    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    What is it about nudist's posts that irk all of you? I just see him bringing stuff about about voting machines. So what? All of you react like you are personally insulted. I do not understand repeatedly and personally attacking someone just for bringing up an opposing political view.
  15. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    What were they doing?
    They where picking people at random/ or people that look suspect and asking them if they have been convicted of a felony. Then they would go over a list given to the challengers by the RNC.

    As a side note, my fiancee was purged from the voting list (she was told by the volunteer at the polling place that she was not on the list and they could not find her name anywhere). Why? I have no idea, she does have a black sounding name. Yet we received literature from the RNC even though she is an NPA. Just guesses as to why she was purged. Just so if any of you ask she has never ever been in trouble with the law, she is a straight A student in pysch., double majored in college (French and Philosophy), a masters in Pysch., and working on her Ph.D in Clinical pysch. Kind of a model citizen if you ask me, but I am biased towards her.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    This is what he does daily. He needs to move forward !
    Political views are brought up all the time here, some people comment daily on their politics, why does nudist need to be insulted, I still do not get it?
  17. #37  
    Nobody, I am aware of starts posts here almost daily attacking the GOP.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Political views are brought up all the time here, some people comment daily on their politics, why does nudist need to be insulted, I still do not get it?
    Well, it's just that this is ALL he seems to do. If you posted it, it probably wouldn't get such a knee jerk reaction. With Nudist it's "Here we go again...*sigh*..."
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Not any different than your average voting card, except it has been updated to the 21st Century..
    So this isnt like replacing a drivers license or anything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    They wouldn't be able to, and that is the beauty of it. Illegals should get nothing. Become a legal resident then we will talk.
    You're sounding very Republican today
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    What is it about nudist's posts that irk all of you? I just see him bringing stuff about about voting machines. So what? All of you react like you are personally insulted. I do not understand repeatedly and personally attacking someone just for bringing up an opposing political view.
    Alternative points of view and diversity of thought are essential to critical thinking. I sincerely hope that nudist does not bow to the attempts to intimidate or silence freedom of thought and opinion. Hahaha
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions