Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 266
  1. #121  
    Very childish
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Very childish
    ya but you love us anyway
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Very childish
    Yeah!! What the Hell is wrong with you guys!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Very childish
    It's your avatar's fault!
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    It's your avatar's fault!
    Ahhh!!!
    BREASTS!!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    It's your avatar's fault!
    Im not blonde
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    yes clulup, it was a fact. but what i find interesting with you is THE FACT that you go OUT OF YOUR WAY to hunt down ALL the negative facts about America that you can. you do. this is what i have a problem with.
    What makes you think I hunted down ALL the negative facts about America that I can. I only mentioned a single one, the homicide rate.

    Look at the things YOU say about the US:
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    http://www.ordination.org/dumbing_down.htm

    am often asked to name those educators responsible for the change in primary reading instruction which has led to the decline of literacy in America. People ask this because by the time they understand the history of the reading problem and of the dumbing down process that has been going on in our public schools for the past forty years, they recognize that all of this is not the result of a series of accidents but of conscious, deliberate decisions made by our educational leaders.
    So your educational leaders have been "dumbing down" the US citizens for the past 40 years? Would you believe it? Now, if that isn't slinging mud, what is?
    Last edited by clulup; 03/07/2005 at 04:18 PM.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    well, that was probably harsh, insertion, but i have to be frank here. i dont
    take kindly to those who do nothing more than denigrate my country. i have no problem at all when people from varying points of view discuss their differences with how America handles its affairs, but when i see people coming in here to do nothing other than slander or ridicule or criticize, it rubs me the wrong way. im surprised more people, even though they are democrat, do not feel even in some small way, some sense of indignance here.
    i mean, come on! this is YOUR country too! and youre going to simply let some know - it - all come in and throw his mud in your face without standing up in any way for your country? or holding THEM to the same standard?! GEEZ, guys! i find this very hard to believe.
    Its MY country too...

    I just hold it to higher standards than you.

    Standards that made it the great country it was. Respected, like it used to be, not feared and dispised. I hold it to the standard of condemning torture, not condoning and using it! Too bad you don't. and too bad criticism of America rubs you the wrong way. Thats one of the founding principles of our democracy. A principle you don't respect.
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    diagreeing with me, or the facts I presented? The disagreement from you seems to be that by criticizing, I am less patriotic than you.

    many of you seem to think I should not post information that is "divisive". I guess thats the "your either with us or your against us" mentality. That if I don't like things here I should leave.

    I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to keep posting information I think others should know, and I'm going to fight to change what I think is wrong with this country.. as spelled out clearly in my avatar.

    Its not driving me crazy at all. you are the one that sounds like someone peed in your wheaties. I am enjoying watching you guys attack me, liberals, kennedy, dean... everything but the FACTS!

    oh yes..
    Actually, disagreeing with the manner in which you present your facts. I could just as easily prepare and post a list of positive facts. As I said earlier in the thread, it's not what you say, it's how you say it - the presentation, the delivery. I won't disagree with any of the facts you found and posted. The problem is they were posted as a means to start a verbal battle, not make progress on any of those issues.

    If you were to present your facts as ligitimate concerns and were looking for help in working through solutions, you would have received an entirely different level of response for me, if not most of the other responders.

    But then you know that don't you.....

    Oh, and by the way divisive IS the correct spelling
    Last edited by treo2die4; 03/07/2005 at 07:42 PM.
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Im not blonde
    I can hear Chick saying "everyone has their flaws"...
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    I can hear Chick saying "everyone has their flaws"...
    Since you arent a regular in off topic, I will let that comment pass
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Its MY country too...

    I just hold it to higher standards than you.

    Standards that made it the great country it was. Respected, like it used to be, not feared and dispised. I hold it to the standard of condemning torture, not condoning and using it! Too bad you don't. and too bad criticism of America rubs you the wrong way. Thats one of the founding principles of our democracy. A principle you don't respect.
    Please tell us which of you favorite administrations was in power when we were so perfect, and of course who screwed it all up. (this ought to be interesting)
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  13. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    #133  
    b
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    I could just as easily prepare and post a list of positive facts.
    Good idea, why don't you if it is that easy?


    P.S.: The best site about country-specific statistical data I know is www.nationmaster.com, which uses e.g. data from the CIA factbook. The top 100 stats are here. I am not saying all of the stats are flawless, but their numbers seem to have a sound basis for most topics. The sources as well as the age of the data are always given.

    Maybe you can find something there which shows where the US are top. From what I have seen, the US rank high in the field of economics, e.g. per capita Gross Domestic Product.

    In some fields the US rank top if you look at the total view (e.g. "all-time number of Olympic gold medals, summer games"), but if you look at the per capita view (gold medals per 1 million citizens), the US are way behind (you can switch "total" view and "per captia" view on the site). So it depends on which view you find more appropriate for a comparison.

    You can also chose to compare only developed countries ("OECD counties").

    I have had a look at quite a few stats, there were several in which the US were ranked very high or top among developed coutries (or very low in other examples), but I will not quote those because you would not find that appropriate.

    So I am looking forward to a more balanced view, a contrast to what nudist posted.
    Last edited by clulup; 03/08/2005 at 04:29 AM.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Good idea, why don't you if it is that easy?


    P.S.: The best site about country-specific statistical data I know is www.nationmaster.com, which uses e.g. data from the CIA factbook. The top 100 stats are here. I am not saying all of the stats are flawless, but their numbers seem to have a sound basis for most topics. The sources as well as the age of the data are always given.
    Why not just go straight to the horses mouth and
    download the CIA World Fact Book for yourself? I have a smaller condensed version that I keep on my PocketPC, but I can't remember the link for the ebook version.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why not just go straight to the horses mouth and
    download the CIA World Fact Book for yourself? I have a smaller condensed version that I keep on my PocketPC, but I can't remember the link for the ebook version.
    Is the CIA WFB availible for palm?
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Is the CIA WFB availible for palm?
    I did find a link for a Palm version. You'll most likely need a reader, like Tome or something I'm sure.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  18. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I did find a link for a Palm version. You'll most likely need a reader, like Tome or something I'm sure.
    Thanks, Sua,
  19. #139  
    Do you not get that the post, in and of itself, was designed to be divisive?

    Surely you can see that by the flames being thrown from all angles?
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Do you not get that the post, in and of itself, was designed to be divisive?

    Surely you can see that by the flames being thrown from all angles?
    No, I don't see it that way. The post said that the US are not No. 1 in a long list of topics. I think that was just a list of facts. Why do you say those facts are divisive? Is it against your religion to say the US are not No. 1?

    You claimed you can "just as easily prepare and post a list of positive facts". So again, go ahead, show the positive facts, which are the fields where the US are No. 1?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions