Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 266
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Ewwwwwwwww. Ewwwww Ewwww!!!!!
    If Zell Miller makes your stomache turn, what does Jim Jeffords do?
    Last edited by Insertion; 03/11/2005 at 02:10 PM. Reason: cuz i can't spell!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2. #242  
    "pitifully weak!" - nudist

    lol. you are accurately describing the current state of affairs within your party, nudist! seriously I really can't think of a better way to describe your situation!!

    regarding attacks, listen, nudist, you are the one provoking these responses. what did you think, people would send you warm regards in response to your ascerbic attacks on republicans?

    we addressed your method of delivery because you simply post one thread after another attacking the opposing party. hey, you are the one provoking these responses, not us!
    you post your drivel, we return the complimentary barbs in your direction. simple.
    realistically speaking, I think the reason you are so actively critical here is because you know in your heart your party is in serious trouble. I don't think the dems will win another election for a long time, and I think you realize this, hence your fervor here.

    its like the cornered cat scenario.
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Which makes me positive now that the chart up there is just wireless - and maybe even just wireless in Europe. There is no way that Vodafone is as large as Verizon or SBC.
    Not surprisingly, you are wrong about all of the above. (The is for Insertion)

    Look, I am really nice and provide you with a list, the Forbes 2000 largest companies (2004 numbers). You can look up the telco companies futher down in the list and check the numbers in the last column, the Market Value (= Market Capitalization). I hope this will end your confusion about the size of different telco companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    As for who is the largest overall company, I am finding out that SBC's merger with AT&T will make them the largest in the world despite the gains Verizon will have with MCI Worldcom. So Verizon will drop to number 2.
    Whatever the combination, none of the companies will be larger than Vodafone, even though Vodafone is wireless only. Not that this really matters (being big alone is not a quality in itself), I just wanted to clarify the gross misunderstandings you had.

    I hope you didn't miss my reply to your last post, you know, the one about being clueless.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Clulup, Toolkit, Nudist,

    Does the USA have any value? If you can think of anything positive, please provide it. You each come across as if the USA has absolutely nothing positive to add to society.
    My view of the US is largely positive. I guess it would rank quite high in my list of countries I would want to live in, say top six or so. For instance, I would far more like living in the US than, say, North Korea.

    Jokes aside, what I like about the US is e.g. the entrepreneurial attitude, the optimism, the fact that they get things going faster than Europe (Serbia/Kosovo comes to mind). Given the size of your army, I am also glad we share the same values (democracy, freedom of speech, etc.), by and large. Most people outside of the US had a positive or even very positive view of the US, but I can tell you this has changed a lot sice the other guy moved into White House (I know you don't care, I am just mentioning it).

    Of course we mostly discuss things where we don't agree, so you get the impression I am anti-everything US, which is not true. Nevertheless, I do see quite a few things which would make me think twice about living in the US.

    For instance, you take yourself far too importantly (Bob-C and his illusions about the size of SBC and Verizon are just one example). Most Americans know little about the outside world and therefore think they are the only ones who do things right. For instance, they have no idea that murder, rape, assault, abortion, teenage pregnacy, traffic death, etc., are record high in the US vs. e.g. Europe. Would I really want to go to a country where this is so? Americans only see the differences in economical output, but they have no idea about the fact that e.g. the people in France or Germany work FAR less than Americans and therefore have the greater quality of life (one can overdo everthing, 35 hours per week with five weeks of vacation per year is probably not enough, see France and Germany, but still). There are lots of other subjects where you are totally weird, e.g. regarding death penalty for mentally disabled or underage people, or the fact that people are allowed to go to the army and die in a war three years before they are allowed to order a beer in a bar, but this was supposed to be a post about positives...

    Oh, science: you have some very good universities (the top ones are very good), and there is some really good science and development going on (even if the number of Nobel laureates per capita is really low when compared to other nations, but still ).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  5. #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    There are lots of other subjects where you are totally weird, e.g. regarding death penalty for mentally disabled or underage people, or the fact that people are allowed to go to the army and die in a war three years before they are allowed to order a beer in a bar, but this was supposed to be a post about positives...
    The Supreme Court has ruled against death penalty for those individuals. I would agree with someone mentally disabled being spared, but not say a 17 year old who goes on a killing spree. Just my opinion.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    For instance, you take yourself far too importantly (Bob-C and his illusions about the size of SBC and Verizon are just one example). Most Americans know little about the outside world and therefore think they are the only ones who do things right.
    You missed my post a few days ago where I state Americans are arrogant. I've traveled throughout Europe on multiple occasions, I feel I do have an understanding better than most Americans. Glad to see you don't only spew negativity about the USA! Now if Nudist and others could chime in!
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    so lets see if you have anything positive to say about the dem. party......
    Why should anyone play that game with you. Your avitar seems to express your stand on the 2 party system. Considering the d's havent been willing to participate, it may be difficult for you to get things "straightened out" the way you want. That's just my opinion.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  8. #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Not surprisingly, you are wrong about all of the above. (The is for Insertion)

    Look, I am really nice and provide you with a list, the Forbes 2000 largest companies (2004 numbers). You can look up the telco companies futher down in the list and check the numbers in the last column, the Market Value (= Market Capitalization). I hope this will end your confusion about the size of different telco companies.
    Whatever the combination, none of the companies will be larger than Vodafone, even though Vodafone is wireless only. Not that this really matters (being big alone is not a quality in itself), I just wanted to clarify the gross misunderstandings you had.

    I hope you didn't miss my reply to your last post, you know, the one about being clueless.
    I certainly did not miss your last reply, or the two after. I just got done reading them all. It's just that I have been working on a project that has a deadline this weekend and SciFi Friday is just a few hours away so I'm running out time.

    I am certainly a big enough man to admit when I'm wrong - just as I would hope you are as well Clulup. Thank you for providing that, "Forbes 2000 largest companies (2004 numbers)", list to, "make it easy", for me. Your hospitality is quite surprising but nevertheless appreciated. I have returned the favor by attaching a screen shot of that same list with the Verizon and Vodafone listings next to each other with column headings on top so that they can be compared.

    Now maybe it is just my inferior ***** American education, but I've circled some numbers on the screen shot that 'll need you to explain to me about this list. The first two I would like explained are circled in black and red. The black circle is around Verizon's profits which came out to be $2.7B. The red circle is around Vodafone's profits which came out to be - oh no! Am I reading this right? It says they didn't make any profits at all. In fact, they lost over $15B?!?!?! Can that be right? I recall that when we were going to BUY that company a few years back I had read something about them having problems running a profitable business but $15B in losses seems too unimaginable. I know how much faith you put in the accuracy of Forbes though - so far be it from me to debate their numbers. Which brings me to the last two circles which are around how Forbes ranks the companies. The blue circle is around Vodafone's ranking which is 354. The green circle is around Verizon's ranking which is 26. You being the Forbes expert, recall that you referred to this list as the "Forbes 2000 largest companies (2004 numbers)". That would make Verizon a larger company than Vodafone. Furthermore, notice that I had the companies sorted by their line of business. Notice that the company in the list above Verizon is in a non-communications industry which would mean that Verizon is ranked the #1 largest Communications corporation in the world by the Forbes list that YOU POSTED YOURSELF!!! Thank you again for making it easy for me. USA #1!! WOO! HOO! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

    We at Verizon are still laughing at you....

    Can you hear me now?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Why should anyone play that game with you. Your avitar seems to express your stand on the 2 party system. Considering the d's havent been willing to participate, it may be difficult for you to get things "straightened out" the way you want. That's just my opinion.
    an expected cop out. challenge someone to do something you won't do yourself.
  10. #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    an expected cop out. challenge someone to do something you won't do yourself.
    Typical leftist Bull Sheet. You're not interested in anything constructive. You just want to hear your own voice. You, your adopted party and its candidates have nothing of substance to offer. To keep shouting that its broke is fine, never once have you offered any solution. You went on and on about Diebold, but it was NGR that gave his ideas about potential changes to the way we vote. Nothing from you. Cause you dont have an original idea. Your opinions are all from wacko sources that are not accepted by anyone in the mainstream.

    Hey...Dan Rather has nothing to do right now. Why not send him what you have on voting machines. Maybe he'll run with it.

    I feel so sorry for you. You're a very angry and confused person.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I feel so sorry for you. You're a very angry and confused person.
    And I'd just like to add that I'd REALLY like you to put some clothes on. I can't stand these disturbing images I get as I read your posts of Richard Hatch, naked once again on the Survivor beach, typing on a laptop.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  12. #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    an expected cop out. challenge someone to do something you won't do yourself.
    i challenge the democrats to do something useful for a change.
  13. #253  
    "Fair enough, I just wonder why you keep insisting that the US citizens have been "dumbed down" over the past 40 years. That doesn't really shed a good light on you and your compatriots, at least those below 40, does it? "

    - clulup


    again, i return you to the point i was making in the article i linked. nudist posted stats on how far behind the US was in regards to certain subjects in education.

    i wanted to highlight just who exactly is to blame for such a state of affairs.
    LIBERALS!!! so if nudist wants to point out the faults in the country, he or she should check historical events to find out just how it got that way.. the facts do not shed good light on liberal compatriots, do they?
  14. #254  
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  15. #255  
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  16.    #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    And I'd just like to add that I'd REALLY like you to put some clothes on. I can't stand these disturbing images I get as I read your posts of Richard Hatch, naked once again on the Survivor beach, typing on a laptop.
    you must be a pervert, if my posts make you dream of richard hatch
  17. #257  
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  18. #258  
    I really wonder, what makes some of you so sure the US are such a great country to live in. Mercer Human Resource Consulting, a leading, US based Management Consulting company, yearly rates the quality of live in different cities world-wide. The results are used by international companies to define salary levels etc. for employees who have to relocate. The latest report was published today: World-wide Quality of Life Survey

    To make a long story short: as in previous years, the US cities fail to reach decent positions. Far, far behind European, Canadian, Australian and other cities, the best rank a US city gets is 25th. Many of you seem to be convinced the US are THE place to live, though I still don't get why. Any ideas?



    ****************************************************
    (From today's press release, no need to worry about copyrights)

    Rankings for overall quality of life
    Mercer’s overall quality of life survey has revealed that Geneva and Zurich remain the world’s top-scoring cities with 106.5 points. Other high-scoring cities include Vancouver and Vienna in joint 3rd place (score 106).

    Cities in Europe, New Zealand, and Australia continue to rank highly. Munich and Düsseldorf both move up the rankings, from 10th and 12th place respectively, to share joint 5th place with Frankfurt. Munich’s rise is due to more efficient waste removal systems and better housing for expatriates, while Düsseldorf’s transport and standards of international schooling have improved. Bern, Copenhagen, and Sydney are pushed down slightly to rank 8 with scores of 105.

    In the US, Honolulu and San Francisco rank highest in joint 25th position (score 102), mainly because they have lower crime levels than other US cities. Boston, New York, Portland, and Washington follow in positions 36, 39, 42, and 42 respectively (score 100.5, 100, 99, 99), while Houston ranks lowest at position 68 (score 94).

    The analysis was based on an evaluation of 39 quality of life criteria for each city, including political, social, economic, and environmental factors, personal safety and health, education, transport, and other public services.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I really wonder, what makes some of you so sure the US are such a great country to live in. Many of you seem to be convinced the US are THE place to live, though I still don't get why. Any ideas?
    Ignorance is bliss!
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Ignorance is bliss!
    Blah, Blah, Blah, more moronic dribble.

Posting Permissions