Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    no wonder verizon sucks so badly!
    HA! I should've seen that coming. Good one. Actually, I'm one of the better employees I'll have you know.

Just to clarify though, I asked around about Vodafone a little bit more. From what I'm getting they are purely a wireless company. They are also Verizon Wireless' business partner in Europe. At one point the Verizon core company was going to spin off Verizon Wireless and merge it with Vodafone as a separate company. I now recall this. At the time, every telco that was spinning off a wireless unit was seeing the initial stock price shoot through the roof. Before Verizon could finalize the spinoff, the market crashed and the stock price of all those wireless spinoffs had too. Verizon decided that that keeping Verizon Wireless company as part of the overall company would better serve to keep the overall Verizon stock stable. They continue to partner with Vodafone in Europe to this day though. So what Claire was saying is correct to the extent that Vodafone and Verizon Wireless share revenue in Europe. Which makes me positive now that the chart up there is just wireless - and maybe even just wireless in Europe. There is no way that Vodafone is as large as Verizon or SBC.

As for who is the largest overall company, I am finding out that SBC's merger with AT&T will make them the largest in the world despite the gains Verizon will have with MCI Worldcom. So Verizon will drop to number 2.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    First off, is British Vodafone a corporation based in Singapore?!? If you re-read my post Clulup, I was asking for the name of an IT/Communications company based in Singapore that could stack up against the American companies I named.
    If you had cared to read what I wrote, you would have seen that I referred to you as saying:
    The last time I checked the world's top IT and Communications companies were American.
    Nowhere did I bring Singapore into play...
    As for the discussion about sizes of telco corporations, I nearly fell out of my seat when Clulup claimed that Vodafone was 70% larger than Verizon...

As for who is the largest telco corporation, it is without a doubt either Verizon or SBC. Most likely it is Verizon...

BTW, I am employed by Verizon and everyone here is asking what kind of clueless person thought Vodafone was 70% larger than Verizon.
    Bob-C, here's some free advice: Next time you suggest somebody is clueless, you better have your story double-checked. Because otherwise you risk looking really stupid when what the other person says turns out to be true.

So again, step by step:

Verizon Communications Inc. is a US based telco corporation which has both landlines and wireless services. The latter they share as a joint venture together with Vodafone. The market capitalization(which best describes the size of the company in economic terms,) of Verizon Communications is 100.62 billion US$.

Vodafone is a telco corporation based in the UK which focuses on wireless data and voice communication. It's market capitalization is GB£93.7. One GB£ is US$ 1.92340, so the market capitalization of Vodafone is US$180 billion. So, in fact, Vodafone is actually 79% larger than Verizon, not only seventy.

So, when looking at those numbers, who is clueless, you (together with all those in your company who thought Verizon is larger than Vodafone) or me? Personally, I think you are wrong, but if you have better numbers saying something else about the market cap of the two companies, I am open to change my mind.

If you fail to give better numbers showing something else, I will take your post as the perfect example of somebody ignorantly thinking US companies are biggest anyway.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    As for who is the largest overall company, I am finding out that SBC's merger with AT&T will make them the largest in the world....
    But will the be bigger than Telefonica
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Bob-C, here's some free advice: Next time you suggest somebody is clueless, you better have your story double-checked. Because otherwise you risk looking really stupid when what the other person says turns out to be true.
    Awww c'mon Clu, where's the ???? I miss those in your posts!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Clulup, Toolkit, Nudist,

Does the USA have any value? If you can think of anything positive, please provide it. You each come across as if the USA has absolutely nothing positive to add to society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Clulup, Toolkit, Nudist,

Does the USA have any value? If you can think of anything positive, please provide it. You each come across as if the USA has absolutely nothing positive to add to society.
    All we do is pollute, and kill innocent people...Mean Countries Suck!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Clulup, Toolkit, Nudist,

Oh, that's funny. I know you didn't intend it in this manner but if you think of society as the World that's awfully ironic.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Oh, that's funny. I know you didn't intend it in this manner but if you think of society as the World that's awfully ironic.
    No clue what you're saying.
    daThomas, you seem to hate the USA, anything postive the USA has going for it?
    Eminem??

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    All we do is pollute, and kill innocent people...Mean Countries Suck!
    We have lots of good things! Freedom of speech (unless your boss is clearchannel), freedom of religion (not christian? sorry, you're s.o.l.), and of course equality for all (except you, gays).

oh yeah, and cellphone taxes that are freekin criminal
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    We have lots of good things! Freedom of speech (unless your boss is clearchannel), freedom of religion (not christian? sorry, you're s.o.l.), and of course equality for all (except you, gays).

oh yeah, and cellphone taxes that are freekin criminal
    And cigarette taxes, can't forget those!!

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Eminem??
    A 35-year old Slim Shady
    A 35-year old Slim Shady
    and when all else fails, break out the personal attacks...
    No clue what you're saying.
    The current Bush administration has done nothing but isolate itself from the World society.
  16.    #236  
    You seem to hate the democratic party... can you say anything positive about it?

You talk about the GOP as if any criticism of it is totally invalid and anything they do wrong is justified because the Dems are worse.

Criticizing America doesn't mean someone hates it.. we just want it straightened out!

so lets see if you have anything positive to say about the dem. party.. other than a clairegrrl flippant remark....
    I have to take it as a no you don't have anything good to say about USA. Have you ever liked the USA? Someone asked you the other day, when were the good ole days? Which administration was things hunky dory? You are doom and gloom . Please prove me wrong and provide some positive views of USA.

Regarding positive things about Democrats. I absolutely love blue dog democrats!

I also really respect a well know known democrat, Mr. Zell Miller of Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    You seem to hate the democratic party... can you say anything positive about it?

You talk about the GOP as if any criticism of it is totally invalid and anything they do wrong is justified because the Dems are worse.

Criticizing America doesn't mean someone hates it.. we just want it straightened out!

so lets see if you have anything positive to say about the dem. party.. other than a clairegrrl flippant remark....
    I also really respect a well know known democrat, Mr. Zell Miller of Georgia.
    Ewwwwwwwww. Ewwwww Ewwww!!!!!

I respect a well known NON-Psycho Republican and even gave his campaign $:
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Ewwwwwwwww. Ewwwww Ewwww!!!!!

I respect a well known NON-Psycho Republican and even gave his campaign $:
    I respect him as well.
    Joe Lieberman is a pretty class guy...a bit dull, but I like him.