Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 266
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Rush Limbaugh obviously boosted our numbers......
    That guy's *** is the size of Luxembourg
  2.    #182  
    US no longer #1 in Info Technology:

    "Singapore Surpasses U.S. As Top Tech Nation
    Forbes.com staff, 03.09.05, 9:45 AM ET

    Singapore has displaced the United States as the top economy in information technology competitiveness, according to the World Economic Forum's latest annual Global Information Technology Report released today.

    The U.S. drops from first to fifth in the rankings, which measures the propensity for countries to exploit the opportunities offered by information and communications technology (ICT).

    Iceland, Finland and Denmark occupy positions two, three and four out of 104 countries surveyed, with Iceland achieving the most improvement among the top countries, moving up from tenth last year."
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Iceland, Finland and Denmark occupy positions two, three and four out of 104 countries surveyed, with Iceland achieving the most improvement among the top countries, moving up from tenth last year."
    Wow, and I thought the only thing Iceland gave us was Bjork!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    That guy's *** is the size of Luxembourg
    I've never seen Rush's a$$. Can you email me a pic
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  5. #185  
    I'll need one of yours first
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I've never seen Rush's a$$. Can you email me a pic
    seems like something that would interest you.. you like kennedy's physique so much...
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    seems like something that would interest you.. you like kennedy's physique so much...
    Well I'm in good company...appears joe is pretty familiar with it and Luxembourg to.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    US no longer #1 in Info Technology:

    "Singapore Surpasses U.S. As Top Tech Nation
    Forbes.com staff, 03.09.05, 9:45 AM ET

    ...

    The U.S. drops from first to fifth in the rankings, which measures the propensity for countries to exploit the opportunities offered by information and communications technology (ICT).

    Iceland, Finland and Denmark occupy positions two, three and four out of 104 countries surveyed, with Iceland achieving the most improvement among the top countries, moving up from tenth last year."
    "measures the propensity for countries to exploit the opportunities offered by information and communications technology (ICT)", could mean just about any type of monkey crap!!

    The last time I checked the world's top IT and Communications companies were American. Please name me a single Singapore IT/Communications company that is on the scale of American titans such as Verizon, SBC, Microsoft, APPLE, IBM, SUN and PalmOne.( just had to try to sneak that one in!)

    Name one now Nudist!! And if you can't, it just proves two things most of us already knew. One, that the sources for you endless quotes are worthless. And two, that you're posting meaningless blather that you are accepting as fact without even thinking for yourself as to whether it is true or even sensible.

    Just because you read it on the Internet does not make it fact. Think for yourself.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  9. #189  
    11 of the top 20 billionaires in the world (192 countries) are Americans.

    This is from forbes.com

    Interesting fact is of these 11, 5 are Waltons (Wal-Mart)! If Sam Walton were still alive and had this cumulative net wealth he would be twice as rich as Bill Gates who is number 1.
  10. #190  
    "its MY country too...

    I just hold it to higher standards than you. "

    oh really? what kind of standards did clinton and monica uphold? higher standards, ya say?

    Standards that made it the great country it was. ( bill and monica) Respected, ( bill and monica)like it used to be, not feared and dispised ( here's your wakeup call - the standards youre party upheld encouraged bin laden to embolden himself to us, because clinton, and his "higher standards" never did anything to pursue him. so he felt he could continue on. higher standards?
    I hold it to the standard of condemning torture, not condoning and using it! ( the many instances of genocide taking place in the world while clinton was in office and doing nothing about - HIGHER STANDARDS?)

    Too bad you don't. and too bad criticism of America rubs you the wrong way. Thats one of the founding principles of our democracy. A principle you don't respect."

    I don't respect people who can't admit that the spread of democracy is succeeding in the middle east and has paved the way for a better future therein.. I can't respect those who only spin things to suit their own agenda. if you brought up positives AS WELL AS negatives, nudist, I could respect you. but all you do is emphasize anything you can paint negatively. I don't respect that. not at all. I regard it as simple slander - why? because there is only the resounding theme of hatred for the republicans.... never mention of any positive accomplishments that are being achieved. that is not indicative of a reasonable person - only a biased one, that is all, nothing more to me. therefore, I cannot regard what you say, nudist, with any true respect. period. plain & simple. end of story.
  11. #191  
    "standards that made it the great country it was"

    - nudist

    you mean the standards with which your party drained money from the social security program over the years in order to pay for their campaign programs, etc?

    you mean the standards which fooled us into thinking that our paying into the social security fund would ACTUALLY be used to fund our retirement and not the programs of the democratic party?

    are THOSE the loftier standards you speak of, naked one?

    the standards of robert c byrd? ex KKK member?

    the standards of the feckless kennedys? who run around condemning america for damaging the environment with our suvs and airplanes,etc, while these very kennedys are flown around in their private jets which spew out hundreds of times more exhaust and harmful fumes than the largest H2 possibly could?

    you do not see the outright hypocrisy within the "higher standards" of your party?

    the higher standards you might find in the democratically run new jersey, or the once democratically governed california?

    THOSE standards, nude guy?

    you know, the article I linked earlier here regarding the dumbing down of america spoke about about how john dewey played a great role in initiating the downward trend in American education - and nudist, you'll never guess which persuasion the man was. can you guess? I can. he was.......liberal.

    higher standards? FDR's new deal was the last real contribution your party contributed, nudist. what have you done for us since? the only standards liberals seem to offer are those of being on the wrong side of historical events.... over and over.... your were wrong when reagan dealt with the soviet union, and it looks like you are going to be wrong again now, as democratic elections have been held in two former dictatorships - afghanistan and iraq.

    higher standards? nah, id say poorer judgement.
    Last edited by treobk214; 03/11/2005 at 09:05 PM.
  12. #192  
    "so your educational leaders have been "dumbing down" the US citizens for the past 40 years? Would you believe it? Now, if that isn't slinging mud, what is? "

    -clulup

    see, here's where you don't see the point. did you see, in that article, the political persuasion of those "educational leaders" mentioned, clulup? I guess not.

    they were.... LIBERAL.
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    11 of the top 20 billionaires in the world (192 countries) are Americans.

    This is from forbes.com

    Interesting fact is of these 11, 5 are Waltons (Wal-Mart)! If Sam Walton were still alive and had this cumulative net wealth he would be twice as rich as Bill Gates who is number 1.
    I think the following applies to you:

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    the sources for you endless quotes are worthless. .... you're posting meaningless blather that you are accepting as fact without even thinking for yourself as to whether it is true or even sensible.

    Just because you read it on the Internet does not make it fact. Think for yourself.
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    "its MY country too...

    I just hold it to higher standards than you. "

    oh really? what kind of standards did clinton and monica uphold? higher standards, ya say?

    Standards that made it the great country it was. ( bill and monica) Respected, ( bill and monica)like it used to be,...
    pitifully weak!
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    "standards that made it the great country it was"

    - nudist

    you mean the standards with which your party drained money from the social security program over the years in order to pay for their campaign programs, etc?

    you mean the standards which fooled us into thinking that our paying into the social security fund would ACTUALLY be used to fund our retirement and not the programs of the democratic party?

    are THOSE the loftier standards you speak of, naked one?

    the standards of robert c bird? ex KKK member?

    the standards of the feckless kennedys? who run around condemning america for damaging the environment with our suvs and airplanes,etc, while these very kennedys are flown around in their private jets which spew out hundreds of times more exhaust and harmful fumes than the largest H2 possibly could?

    you do not see the outright hypocrisy within the "higher standards" of your party?

    the higher standards you might find in the democratically run new jersey, or the once democratically governed california?

    THOSE standards, nude guy?

    you know, the article I linked earlier here regarding the dumbing down of america spoke about about how john dewey played a great role in initiating the downward trend in American education - and nudist, you'll never guess which persuasion the man was. can you guess? I can. he was.......liberal.

    higher standards? FDR's new deal was the last real contribution your party contributed, nudist. what can have you done for us since? the only standards liberals seem to offer are those of being on the wrong side of historical events.... over and over.... your were wrong when reagan dealt with the soviet union, and it looks like you are going to be wrong again now, as democratic elections have been held in two former dictatorships - afghanistan and iraq.

    higher standards? nah, id say poorer judgement.
    you clearly demonstrate that you don't resort to the negativism that you hold me in contempt for. brilliant! funny how everything you guys (and grrls) slam me for, you turn right around and go. over and over again. practice what you preach! or don't preach.
  16. #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    The last time I checked the world's top IT and Communications companies were American.
    IT maybe, but Communications? The British Vodafone is 70% larger that Verizon, and SBC has the smaller market cap than Deutsche Telecom or Telefonica, although you have most likely never heard of them...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    IT maybe, but Communications? The British Vodafone is 70% larger that Verizon, and SBC has the smaller market cap than Deutsche Telecom or Telefonica, although you have most likely never heard of them...
    If you would taken the time to "research" your own comments and not just try at another dig against the US, you would have known that Vodaphone owns Verizon so the fact that it is 70% larger make absolutely no sense. Deutsche Telecom owns T-Mobile in the US and comparing it to SBC which is basically a smaller regional company also makes no sense. Then again most of what you say when comparing things to the US makes no sense, but we already know your agenda

    Ohh, and BTW you are wrong about Telefonica being larger then SBC

    Well behaved women rarely make history
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    If you would taken the time to "research" your own comments and not just try at another dig against the US, you would have known that Vodaphone owns Verizon so the fact that it is 70% larger make absolutely no sense.
    I may be wrong of course, but I think you are confusing things. To my knowledge, there is only a joint venture between Vodafone (not Vodaphone) and Verizon WIRELESS. Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) is still an independent company, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $So$ $unless$ $you$ $show$ $me$ $otherwise$, $I$ $assume$ $my$ $comparison$ $was$ $correct$.
    Deutsche Telecom owns T-Mobile in the US and comparing it to SBC which is basically a smaller regional company also makes no sense.
    I agree mentioning SBC as a major telco player makes no sense. I only used the comparison because Bob-C mentioned it as a leading Communications company.

    Then again most of what you say when comparing things to the US makes no sense
    See remark on your claim that Vodafone owns Verizon....
    Ohh, and BTW you are wrong about Telefonica being larger then SBC

    Sorry Clairgrrl, but you are wrong on that, too. If you look at your graph a bit more carefully, you will see that it compiles outdated, 2003 data (see footnote). Presently, Telefonica is considerably larger than SBC, by about 13 billion US$.
    Last edited by clulup; 03/11/2005 at 07:59 AM.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    "so your educational leaders have been "dumbing down" the US citizens for the past 40 years? Would you believe it? Now, if that isn't slinging mud, what is? "

    -clulup

    see, here's where you don't see the point. did you see, in that article, the political persuasion of those "educational leaders" mentioned, clulup? I guess not.

    they were.... LIBERAL.
    Fair enough, I just wonder why you keep insisting that the US citizens have been "dumbed down" over the past 40 years. That doesn't really shed a good light on you and your compatriots, at least those below 40, does it?

    NOTE: I never said the US have been dumbed down over the past 40 years, that was treobk214 via the source he quoted.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  20. #200  
    Well let's see...Your wrong on SBC, I'm wrong on Vodapone and the Telefonica graph is from their website and they say that they are smaller then SBC so I will accept their information, not yours...sorry. I know how hard it is for you to admit your mistakes.

    And as far as Bob saying SBC is a major communications company, it is...in the US. You were trying to contrast it's size to international companies Vodafone and Deutsche Telecom. Kinda like comparing GM to say Opel or Saab...ohhh wait, I think GM owns those brands. Do they make cars in Swisstown??

    I use cause that's your favorite.
    Last edited by clairegrrl; 03/11/2005 at 08:38 AM.
    Well behaved women rarely make history

Posting Permissions