Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    He's still gonna lose his job...sorry
    I really could care less whether or not he loses his job, I would more care WHY.

Personally I know his type and he's really no better than a rabid conservative professor. Interestingly the School's prez stepped down today? (Damn, hijacking my own thread now.)
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I really could care less whether or not he loses his job, I would more care WHY.
    He will lose his job because he is a liar and a fraud certainly not because of academic freedom
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3.    #123  
    He will lose his job because he is a liar and a fraud certainly not because of academic freedom
    Speaking of rabid conservative.
    Who? Ward Churchill???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Who? Ward Churchill???
    No I think he was attacking Claire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    No I think he was attacking Claire.
    What???? *******! I demand he rescind this statement, as well as issue an immediate apology. Let's have some sensitivity training too, by gum!. How can you abuse this fine young lass in such a way!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I've already pointed out that as the prez of a learniing institution what Summers said is at the heart of his ability to do his job well.
    It's still free speech. Were not talking about the ability to do ones job, we are talking about free speech. Quit changing the rules to suit your argument.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    bad slim shady

What???? *******! I demand he rescind this statement, as well as issue an immediate apology. Let's have some sensitivity training too, by gum!. How can you abuse this fine young lass in such a way!
    You are soo funny. You are soo full of yourself. You may consider yourself as some hip, sensitive liberal but you are really just a wacko leftist. You feel that churchill is being denied his right to freedom of speech. This is the same guy that makes a practice of denying the first amendment rights of Italian Americans during their annual Italian Pride Day parade in Denver. The anti-Columbus protesters were charged with loitering and failing to obey a lawful police order. They blatantly violated the First Amendment rights of their fellow citizens, Italian-Americans who had legally obtained a permit to conduct their parade.

You and Churchill...cut from the same cloth. Not much of a complement.
    Last edited by clairegrrl; 03/07/2005 at 02:05 PM.
    Is that the same cloth Ward used to paint that *ahem* "original" piece of artwork on?

I read about that last week. A complete rip off of the original artist Thomas Mails.

Is that the same cloth Ward used to paint that *ahem* "original" piece of artwork on?

It's better if you can see them together. Maybe artistic license goes along with academic freedom. Hahaha The guy is a FRAUD
  13.    #133  
    You are soo funny. You are soo full of yourself. You may consider yourself as some hip, sensitive liberal but you are really just a wacko leftist. You feel that churchill is being denied his right to freedom of speech. This is the same guy that makes a practice of denying the first amendment rights of Italian Americans during their annual Italian Pride Day parade in Denver. The anti-Columbus protesters were charged with loitering and failing to obey a lawful police order. They blatantly violated the First Amendment rights of their fellow citizens, Italian-Americans who had legally obtained a permit to conduct their parade.

Thank you for foaming at the mouth to show I was correct in my previous post.

Read above and you will see I have no love for Churchill. I simply support his right to free speech no matter how moronic. The other things you mention have no bearing on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I read about that last week. A complete rip off of the original artist Thomas Mails.
    NO! Not a rip-off, he was inspired.
    "It is an original art work by me, after Thomas Mails,"

(okay, disclaimer time: once again my apologies to daT, re:hijacking)

Claire, please stop foaming at the mouth, you're getting my keyboard all wet.

Read above and you will see I have no love for Churchill. I simply support his right to free speech no matter how moronic. The other things you mention have no bearing on that.

I saw what you said. And like all leftists, when people have an opinion that you disagree with, you try and stifle their free speech. Kinda like Churchill and the Columbus Day parade.
  17.    #137  
    I saw what you said. And like all leftists, when people have an opinion that you disagree with, you try and stifle their free speach. Kinda like Churchill and the Columbus Day parade.
    None of that is relevent to the case. I doubt Churchill has the ability to stop Columbus Day but if so, authorities should protect their speech rights.
    None of that is relevent to the case. I doubt Churchill has the ability to stop Columbus Day but if so, authorities should protect their speech rights.
    What case...Churchill's rights have been protected. I just dont think you have any grasp of what is even going on in Colorado so maybe you should refrain from using it as an example in your aclu rant. Where was the aclu when it came to protecting the free speech rights of some Italian Americans. I know it isnt as glamorous as the Indian movement. Why dont you have an opinion about that. Because you dont know anything about it, Ward Churchill or much else in my opinion.
  19.    #139  
    What case...Churchill's rights have been protected. I just dont think you have any grasp of what is even going on in Colorado so maybe you should refrain from using it as an example in your aclu rant. Where was the aclu when it came to protecting the free speech rights of some Italian Americans. I know it isnt as glamorous as the Indian movement. Why dont you have an opinion about that. Because you dont know anything about it, Ward Churchill or much else in my opinion.
    Why don't you cite the specifics of the Italian Americans incident.

I know very little of what goes on in CO, though I am versed on the Churchill case. Your arguement that he be fired for things other than what he said may not violate 1st amendment rights, unless it can be shown that the firing was persued due to him expressing a political opinion.

Personally I know his type and he's really no better than a rabid conservative professor. Interestingly the School's prez stepped down today? (Damn, hijacking my own thread now.)
    Rabid conservative professor? WOW! You mean there actually is one somewhere!
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast