Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Calm down, it's Fri. The ACLU is an authority on protected speech and the school was not repecting free speech. It's powerful when you realize that's what makes our country great.

Not gonna get in an arguement with you over illegal immigrants. I too don't feel they should be taken advantage of just so we can pay a max of a dollar for a head of lettuce. Also, that topic has nothing to do with this thread.
    I'm not arguing illegal immigration. I'm arguing that the ACLU is attempting to intimidate law abiding citizens by monitoring their activities and threatening litigation. In effect, the ACLU is exercising prior restraint, and they're not even a branch of government. (Though in some circles, they're thought to be.)

If this were a bunch of Republican lawyers hanging out in front of a polling place you would be going crazy.
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    I'm not arguing illegal immigration. I'm arguing that the ACLU is attempting to intimidate law abiding citizens by monitoring their activities and threatening litigation. In effect, the ACLU is exercising prior restraint, and they're not even a branch of government. (Though in some circles, they're thought to be.)

If this were a bunch of Republican lawyers hanging out in front of a polling place you would be going crazy.
    Cite please.
    Wow, I didn't know stuff could be free speech and prior restraint at the same time. Stupid mail-order law degree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fed
    Wow, I didn't know stuff could be free speech and prior restraint at the same time. Stupid mail-order law degree!
    If you think operating under direct monitoring and the threat of a lawsuit, which even if eventually thrown out will still cost tens of thousands dollars to defend against is a free speech environment, well, maybe you do have a mail order law degree.

Let's be plain here, shall we. The ACLU's actions are meant to INTIMIDATE citizens from lawfully gathering.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910