Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 98
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #1  
    http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBJ7BZPT5E.html

    ARNOLD, Md. (AP) - President Bush on Wednesday demanded in blunt terms that Syria get out of Lebanon, saying the free world is in agreement that Damascus' authority over the political affairs of its neighbor must end now.
    He applauded the strong message sent to Syria when Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and French Foreign Minister Michel Barnier held a joint news conference on London on Tuesday.

    "Both of them stood up and said loud and clear to Syria, 'You get your troops and your secret services out of Lebanon so that good democracy has a chance to flourish," Bush said during an appearance at a community college in Maryland to tout his job training programs.

    The world, Bush said, "is speaking with one voice when it comes to making sure that democracy has a chance to flourish in Lebanon."

    The president's words, taken with those from Rice and others in the Bush administration this week, amount to the strongest pressure to date on Syria from Washington.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    What an *** bush is!! Oh, I forgot he doesn't pay attention to the news, he said so himself. Here is bush setting himself up to make it look like Syria is withdrawing because of him. Didn't he know Syria said they would pull out a day before Bush "ordered" Syria out of Lebanon. See here:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4310699.stm

    He told Time magazine that withdrawal was a technical rather than a political issue, and that it would soon begin.

    A leader of the Lebanese opposition welcomed the pledge, but said it needed to be more specific.

    The removal of about 15,000 troops is a key demand of Western nations and Lebanese opponents who want Damascus to stop what they call "interference".
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. #2  
    Syria has said many things over the last several days. They have a hard time backing up what they say. They are an oppressive regime. Bush has every right to demand they leave. You know if this was Clinton 5 years ago you would of agreed with me. Don't cloud right from wrong because of your hatred for Bush.
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Syria has said many things over the last several days. They have a hard time backing up what they say. They are an oppressive regime. Bush has every right to demand they leave. You know if this was Clinton 5 years ago you would of agreed with me. Don't cloud right from wrong because of your hatred for Bush.
    There is no clouding of right and wrong. This Bush grandstanding, plain and simple. How does this sound, "I order the sun to go down tonight!" then when it does, can I take credit for it? Cause this is what is happening. You watch, Syria will pull out of Lebanon then, Bush will try and take credit for it. Now as far as Clinton is concerned, I would call his *** on this too. Let's look at what this is, for what it is, GrandStanding pure simple.

    Also, the opposition leader in Lebanon said they were "following the Ukrainians lead", not Bush's venture in Iraq.
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Assad, Jr. (a.k.a. Bashar al-Assad), goes his father route: Oppressing not only his own people but the Lebanese as well, while soliciting (the) Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon to engage in terror against Israel.
    Give Lebanon back to the Lebanese! (It reminds me of sir McCartney’s song…. Can you name it?)
    Chick, we aren't going down the route of oppression here. This thread was started because of Bush's grandstanding. I am in total support of thee people of Lebanon demanding freedom from Syria. This is about Bush demanding something that has already been said would be done. This is about Bush trying to sneak in and take credit where credit is not due.
  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    (It reminds me of sir McCartney’s song…. Can you name it?)
    Live, and Let Die?
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Gotcha. Thanks

    Good one. But I was thinking: "Give Ireland Back To The Irish." (Clique)
    No problem, I was wrong, but I believe that your song is very fitting too.
  7. #7  
    Why do you consider it "grandstanding"? It seems to me any President would say something along those lines...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why do you consider it "grandstanding"? It seems to me any President would say something along those lines...
    It is grandstanding in my eyes because the Syrian goverment said they would pull out the day before Bush said this. The media is going to cover this as Bush ordering Syria out and Syria obeys.

    Lest us not forget for the real reason we are in the middle east to begin with, WMD anyone?
    Last edited by NRG; 03/02/2005 at 02:28 PM.
  9. #9  
    Exactly my point. NRG is clouded because Bush is saying it. NRG, you can't believe Syria till they pull out of Lebanon. Do you really believe a country who protects and sends out murderers all over the Mid-East to kill westerners? Bush, Clinton or any president would keep on them till they left.

    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why do you consider it "grandstanding"? It seems to me any President would say something along those lines...
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Exactly my point. NRG is clouded because Bush is saying it. NRG, you can't believe Syria till they pull out of Lebanon. Do you really believe a country who protects and sends out murderers all over the Mid-East to kill westerners? Bush, Clinton or any president would keep on them till they left.
    No, it is not just because Bush is saying it, It is due to when he said it.
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Exactly my point. NRG is clouded because Bush is saying it. NRG, you can't believe Syria till they pull out of Lebanon. Do you really believe a country who protects and sends out murderers all over the Mid-East to kill westerners? Bush, Clinton or any president would keep on them till they left.
    This is about Bush trying to take credit, where CREDIT IS NOT DUE.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    It is grandstanding in my eyes because the Syrian goverment said they would pull out the day before Bush said this. The media is going to cover this as Bush ordering Syria out and Syria obeys.

    Lest us not forget for the real reason we are in the middle east to begin with, WMD anyone?
    Well, if thats how the media is going to portray it, then it would be on them. I just don't see it as grandstanding from the President.

    Like I said, I think any sitting President would have a similar comment. I'm sure if the media at this moment asked Mr. Clinton, or GHW Bush, or Jimmy Carter, or Gerald Ford (if he is coherent), they would also say something like the world "is speaking with one voice when it comes to making sure that democracy has a chance to flourish in Lebanon."
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    This is about Bush trying to take credit, where CREDIT IS NOT DUE.
    It appears you're the only one saying he's trying to take credit.

    Alright NRG, to bring some levity, here's great news out of Alabama. Bubba beat Evil's record, video as well.
  14. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Well, if thats how the media is going to portray it, then it would be on them. I just don't see it as grandstanding from the President.

    Like I said, I think any sitting President would have a similar comment. I'm sure if the media at this moment asked Mr. Clinton, or GHW Bush, or Jimmy Carter, or Gerald Ford (if he is coherent), they would also say something like the world "is speaking with one voice when it comes to making sure that democracy has a chance to flourish in Lebanon."
    I think we will have to see what the media does. As far a Bush is concerned, did he mention that "Syrian president had said he is going to leave and we are going to hold his feet to the flame on this"? Just wondering
    Last edited by NRG; 03/03/2005 at 02:28 AM.
  15. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    It appears you're the only one saying he's trying to take credit.
    You are right, I am the only one saying this. It is just my opinion. We will see where this goes. Dr. Mexican Dish, has already stated publicly that "our Middle East Policy is working".
    Last edited by NRG; 03/03/2005 at 02:28 AM.
  16. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Alright NRG, to bring some levity, here's great news out of Alabama. Bubba beat Evil's record, video as well.
    Now wasn't this guy on TV many times already, or is this a different Bubba? This Bubba beat Evil's record in 1998. By the way if my parents named me Bubba, there would be some serious *** kicking within the family when I got older.
  17. #17  
    keep up the fireworks, dems! some progress is being made in the world and this is what you preoccupy yourselves with?
    I don't know about anyone else, but im beginning to find these comments actually pretty amu
  18. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    keep up the fireworks, dems! some progress is being made in the world and this is what you preoccupy yourselves with?
    I don't know about anyone else, but im beginning to find these comments actually pretty amu
    Dems? Who?
  19. #19  
    what? how?
  20. #20  
    Yes. This is grandstanding, just like when Reagan said, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!". Or like when Kennedy said that we would bear any burden, pay any price, etc. Or like when Clinton said, "I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky".
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions