Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 98 of 98
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    That was straight from the EDITORAL page of the NYT's... not the columnist page. It was written entirely by the Editorial board of the New York Times itself. Maybe if you got a free NYT account you could have seen that.
    I've got one (via www.bugmenot.com), look a little closer and you will see it is in the "Opinion" section. Therefore making it Op-Ed.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I've got one (via www.bugmenot.com), look a little closer and you will see it is in the "Opinion" section. Therefore making it Op-Ed.

    *sigh*... do you need me to fax you an actual paper copy of the thing? It may have been categorized as OP-Ed, but it is quite clearly a NYT Eidtorial piece. Good grief, even Tim Russert on Meet the Press mentions it as significant yesterday that the NYT itself would give credit on its editorial page to GWB... What is it, you can't accept that you're wrong or something? Let's see... the whole feaking world had agreed that to some extent the Iraqi Elections brought about by the US occupation has had a significant affect on the calculations of the Middle East which has resulted in the current pressure on Syria to withdraw from Lebanon. You think this would have happenned if the US didn't have 150,000 troops next door? Pulease....

    Note: Please step away from the Kool-Aid okay?

    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    *sigh*... do you need me to fax you an actual paper copy of the thing? It may have been categorized as OP-Ed, but it is quite clearly a NYT Eidtorial piece. Good grief, even Tim Russert on Meet the Press mentions it as significant yesterday that the NYT itself would give credit on its editorial page to GWB... What is it, you can't accept that you're wrong or something? Let's see... the whole feaking world had agreed that to some extent the Iraqi Elections brought about by the US occupation has had a significant affect on the calculations of the Middle East which has resulted in the current pressure on Syria to withdraw from Lebanon. You think this would have happenned if the US didn't have 150,000 troops next door? Pulease....

    Note: Please step away from the Kool-Aid okay?
    Still it is an American saying it. I will take the Lebanese word that they are following the Ukrainians lead.

    Just out of curoisity, how would we handle Syria, all the while leaving a stable Iraq?

    Not to mention the REAL reason we are in Iraq is WMD, Terrorist, Yellowcake. Oh, wait that was the reason du jour a couple of years ago. Not until we had given up on searching for WMD did we come across the idea that Saddam was a bad man that oppressed his people, had rape rooms, torture cells, and that is the reason we are there. Damn, not that one, that was last years reason du jour. Bringing Democracy to the middle east is the reason we are there right? Or was it one of the other excuses? Look I am all for Democracy in the ME, but I believe they should state this upfront to the American people. We deserve to be told the truth, not a pack of lies to justify it.

    Love this thing.
  4. #84  
    NRG, I think your position was best summed up by a guest that was on Jon Stewart's show last week. Both she and Stewart were despondent of the success the Bush administration has been having with ME foreign policy. The guest, who worked in Clinton's State Department, held out hope that things would go badly in North Korea and Iran because it would be good for Democrats.

    You guys aren't to be trusted in the foreign policy arena, and the majority of the American people recognize that.
  5. #85  
    What Bush Got Right by msnbc.com

    NRG, there's too many liberal papers speaking of credit to Bush to discredit it. However, he is a only a part of it. It wasn't only him, it was Democracy in general. Who wouldn't uprise to democracy. If I had a choice to be restrained or free, I wanna be free. Who cares who gets the credit as long as it's happening. It's a good think.
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    What Bush Got Right by msnbc.com

    NRG, there's too many liberal papers speaking of credit to Bush to discredit it. However, he is a only a part of it. It wasn't only him, it was Democracy in general. Who wouldn't uprise to democracy. If I had a choice to be restrained or free, I wanna be free. Who cares who gets the credit as long as it's happening. It's a good think.
    Just out of wondering, what do you Rush listeners consider to be a non-biased sourece of news?
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Just out of wondering, what do you Rush listeners consider to be a non-biased sourece of news?
    Hmmm...that's an interesting question. Is there even such a thing out there?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #88  
    Don't know I'm not a Rush listener, haven't been since the mid 90's. I'm sure I'd agree with much of what he says, but he annoys me with his condescending tone. Read the msnbc article. You'll see the writer absolutely does not agree with the war, Bush policy, etc. He simply is stating that you cannot avoid giving Bush some props.

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Just out of wondering, what do you Rush listeners consider to be a non-biased sourece of news?
  9. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Hmmm...that's an interesting question. Is there even such a thing out there?
    I don't think there is such a thing as a "liberal" media, sans AAR, just a lazy one.
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Don't know I'm not a Rush listener, haven't been since the mid 90's. I'm sure I'd agree with much of what he says, but he annoys me with his condescending tone. Read the msnbc article. You'll see the writer absolutely does not agree with the war, Bush policy, etc. He simply is stating that you cannot avoid giving Bush some props.
    I read it and if you are saying that Bush has instilled Democracy in the ME people, then I think that is the wrong idea. I believe that freedom is instilled in all, be you white,black,red,yellow,green, or orange. The problem here is that the Lebanese are following the Ukrainian's lead on this, not GWB. The opposition leader said so himself (that they are folllowing the Orange party's example). I will try and dig this quote up. But as Lebanon's own paper said "we have learned much from Ukraine". It is rather clear that they are stating, we got inspiration for the revolution from Ukraine. No mention of Iraq in it. Just my belief.
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Don't know I'm not a Rush listener, haven't been since the mid 90's. I'm sure I'd agree with much of what he says, but he annoys me with his condescending tone. Read the msnbc article. You'll see the writer absolutely does not agree with the war, Bush policy, etc. He simply is stating that you cannot avoid giving Bush some props.
    Oh, anyways good morning to you!
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Oh, anyways good morning to you!
    Good morning to you as well. Do you sleep? I know your in Florida and you post when I'm sleeping and when I'm awake! You're a machine!
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Good morning to you as well. Do you sleep? I know your in Florida and you post when I'm sleeping and when I'm awake! You're a machine!
    yeah, whats up with that?!?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Good morning to you as well. Do you sleep? I know your in Florida and you post when I'm sleeping and when I'm awake! You're a machine!
    LOL. Yeah, I sleep, but like a cat, a little here, a little there.
  15. #95  
    Okay back to work like Coyote vs Road Runner, Spy vs Spy or from Bugs Bunny, the Dog vs the Rooster.

    NRG, I would like to know where you are conservative. You've mentioned several times you are a moderate, but you've never shared anything but liberal views.

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    What makes you think that I am a not conservative? If the (R) party puts someone up that is worth a damn I would vote for them. I like to think of myself as a moderate. Just to clear things up I am a NPA(No Party Affiliation). I am what the pollsters like to call a "swing voter".
  16. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #96  
    In all actuality my schedule might be a little staggered form yours. I get about 7 hrs. 3-10 am
  17. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Okay back to work like Coyote vs Road Runner, Spy vs Spy or from Bugs Bunny, the Dog vs the Rooster.

    NRG, I would like to know where you are conservative. You've mentioned several times you are a moderate, but you've never shared anything but liberal views.
    I believe in a balanced budget, smaller government, less taxes, business tax breaks for sectors that need it, a very strong military, a pro-active foreign policy. These a few that come off the top of my head.
  18. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    the Dog vs the Rooster.
    Foghorn Leghorn and Barnyard Dawg. Two of my favorites.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions