1.    #1  
    As MTDN seems to be down again, a thread for all those getting in touch with their dark side and trying out TC ....
    Sorry everyone. The site will be up again soon.

There was a hardware error last night. We discovered it this morning and are busy restoring. We're also taking measures to ensure that this doesn't happen again.
    It happens to everyone. TC has danced the Bill Gates Shuffle itself a few times.
    So this is the backup site then? Not bad!
    Just having a stroll. And see who I bump into!
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by christine600
    So this is the backup site then? Not bad!
    Hi Christine, welcome to TC, drop in on the AFLAC thread!

The message "we're attempting to restore an older backup of the database" reminds me of the the great TC crash of 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    The message "we're attempting to restore an older backup of the database" reminds me of the the great TC crash of 2004
    That was before I was born, but I have heard the hushed talk among the elders. Kind of scary...

And I'll look for AFLAC when today's LOST episode is over.
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Hi Christine, welcome to TC, drop in on the AFLAC thread!

It also reminds me of how the MTDN people were making fun of TC (in a nice way, though, and only after it had happened twice!). They better have some good backups...

Don't get me wrong though, MTDN is a good Treo site. The Off Topic section there is not quite as lively and interesting as the TC one, but still.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    And I'll look for AFLAC when today's LOST episode is over.

Lost is already on in some other part of the world? Where do I need to move?

And does Alias come on right after?
    Move to Norway for episode 5. And no Alias right after - just the news.
    Move to Norway for episode 5. And no Alias right after - just the news.
    Episode 5? I'm thinking that I'm already waaaaaay past that.

I'd be heading heading back in time to watch reruns earlier. You live in some sort of space-time continuum rift.

And not having Alias right after just wouldn't be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Episode 5? I'm thinking that I'm already waaaaaay past that.

I'd be heading heading back in time to watch reruns earlier. You live in some sort of space-time continuum rift.
    Aka Norway.

It's hard not to search for torrents, and harder still now that MTDN won't keep me distracted.
    we're back up

thanks for everyone's patience
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    It also reminds me of how the MTDN people were making fun of TC (in a nice way, though, and only after it had happened twice!). They better have some good backups...
    I readily admit the same thing has crossed my mind in the past 12 hours...and more than once

But yeah, we have good backups and reckon we lost a maximum of one hour of messages.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    I readily admit the same thing has crossed my mind in the past 12 hours...and more than once

But yeah, we have good backups and reckon we lost a maximum of one hour of messages.
    thanks mol!