Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    From NYT:

    "With little fanfare, the Bush administration is proposing to stop financing the construction of new housing for the mentally ill and physically handicapped as part of a 50 percent cut in its housing budget for people with disabilities."

    ..and wants to make the tax cuts for the wealthy permanent.

    So much for 'compassion'!
  2. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragraph 3
    Until now, Section 811 has provided equal amounts each year, roughly, for financing for new construction, and rent subsidies for disabled tenants. But under the 2006 budget proposal, the capital allocation would be eliminated and the overall budget would shrink by half, to $120 million from $238 million
    It appears from the article the the capital portion of funding is being cut. These are the funds that agencies apply for to build housing.

    If this remains, it means such agencies will now have to seek funds from other sources. However, the subsidy program that provides rent assistance remains funded.
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    It appears from the article the the capital portion of funding is being cut. These are the funds that agencies apply for to build housing.

    If this remains, it means such agencies will now have to seek funds from other sources. However, the subsidy program that provides rent assistance remains funded.
    "overall budget shrinks by half" is not exactly remaining funded. I'm sure they will have not problem getting by on half as much. They probably don't vote as much as the wealthy anyway.
  4. #5  
    Nudist, you need to get a life...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Nudist, you need to get a life...
    yes nudist you post too much, be like gfunkmagic who only has posted, ummm..... well never mind.
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    "overall budget shrinks by half" is not exactly remaining funded. I'm sure they will have not problem getting by on half as much. They probably don't vote as much as the wealthy anyway.
    When you take away 1 function from an entity that only has 2 functions, only half the budget remains. The remaining function is fully funded.
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    yes nudist you post too much, be like gfunkmagic who only has posted, ummm..... well never mind.
    Hehe... well I post in massive bursts! FOr example, I haven't posted here in about a week and a half and then just posted like 20 x in one day!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    yes nudist you post too much, be like gfunkmagic who only has posted, ummm..... well never mind.
    Gfunkmagic posts are to help people, where he can concerning their Treo.

    He isn't spending his time posting his agenda and his politics !
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hehe... well I post in massive bursts! FOr example, I haven't posted here in about a week and a half and then just posted like 20 x in one day!
    no dis to you gfunkmagic. I love reading your posts and your advice, my humor has run amuk here.
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Gfunkmagic posts are to help people, where he can concerning their Treo.

    He isn't spending his time posting his agenda and his politics !
    well gfunkmagic certianly clearly makes his political thoughts known here, thats for sure, and good for him. And why is it better for you to make your political thoughts known here, and for nudist not to?

Posting Permissions