1.    #1  
    this has always been my philosophy. My wife completely disagrees. She's a pharmaceutical rep and has posed this question to many dr's and they have answered 50/50 on the topic.

I feel you can only take in so much fat and the rest is...expelled. Gross I know, but I was thinking of this while I ate my 5th Girl Scout Cookie (Samoa). That would be 4 grams of fat a cookie! Fortulately I run daily, have a fast metabolism and believe that you can only consume so much fat a day. Gotta go, gonna go finish the box!
    Last edited by Advance The Man; 02/20/2005 at 07:25 PM.
    Samoa's rock!
    Is it that time of year? Gotta get me some.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    this has always been my philosophy. My wife completely disagrees. She's a pharmaceutical rep and has posed this question to many dr's and they have answered 50/50 on the topic.

I feel you can only take in so much fat and the rest is...expelled. Gross I know, but I was thinking of this while I ate my 5th Girl Scout Cookie (Samoa). That would be 4 grams of fat a cookie! Fortulately I run daily, have a fast metabolism and believe that you can only consume so much fat a day. Gotta go, gonna go finish the box!
    I guess in theory, there is a maximum amount of fat the human body can take up per day. However, I doubt this level is reached under "normal" conditions (meaning you don't get diarrhea or start vomiting).

Why do I think that? Simply by looking at obese people: some of them consume enormous amounts of fat each day, and still get fatter and fatter. So if there is a maximum level of fat uptake per day, it seems to very high, otherwise people would not increase their weight after reaching a certain level of fat uptake.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)