1.    #1  
    See how the Bush Social Security Privatization (ooops, I mean "personalization") Plan will "benefit" you with this online benefit calculator:

http://democrats.senate.gov/ss/calc.html#

(of course, source-bashers, its from a democrat site... you think the Bush admin. wants anyone to know?)
    To bad we can"t tax whinning, we could all retire sooner !
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    To bad we can"t tax whinning, we could all retire sooner !
    or LYING. such as the cost of the medicare plan, WMD's, etc.
    Lying is a wide open commodity like breathing.

Stupidity and Deception should be taxed. We could balance the budget then.
    Interesting calculator. What's even more scary is if you enter your children's ages......
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Stupidity and Deception should be taxed. We could balance the budget then.
    Yes but then Bush would want to give giant tax breaks to the stupidest and most deceptive... his supporters!

(BTW: I added an avatar but didnt want to offend anyone with nudity...)
    you must be a hopelessly miserable person. your misery will continue. you can look forward to another loss in 2008. probably again in 2012. with that apelike buffoon, hapless howard dean running with his choke out, out of control mouthing racist remarks, nudist, you guys are truly screwed. with the shrinking democratic base left as it is, you are going to lose even more of the minority support with the comments this jacka$$ is going to fire off!

im not worried in the least, nudist. i look forward to watching you suffer ANOTHER crushing defeat next election. it will be a joy to watch
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    See how the Bush Social Security Privatization (ooops, I mean "personalization") Plan will "benefit" you with this online benefit calculator:

http://democrats.senate.gov/ss/calc.html#

(of course, source-bashers, its from a democrat site... you think the Bush admin. wants anyone to know?)
    I'm curious to know what formula they used here.... because the government is pitiful at controlling money (both Democrats and republican) and I have a real hard time believing that SS will bring in more money than me investing my own cash. I have a sneaky feeling that some of the "assumptions" with that calculator may be off...
    Here's how my personal calculator works:
    Variables:
    x=Year of birth
    y=average monthly income
    z=log (benefit cut)*(equity market return)^.5/

Calculation:
    Social Security Benefit = 0
    At least that's what I'm planning on.
    both calculators are accurate. just different assumptions.