Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 77
  1.    #41  
    furthermore....

    If I were unemployed, you would be hearing a WHOLE LOT MORE from me than the "moronic dribble" that you've seen so far. In fact, I think I may need to pick up the pace, since many more people agree with me than disagree...

    "Gallup: Only 37% Approve of Congress, a 'Surprising Drop'

    By E&P Staff

    Published: March 15, 2005 12:05 PM ET


    NEW YORK A new Gallup Poll released today finds what Frank Newport, its director, calls a ?surprising drop in Americans? approval of the way Congress is handling its job.?

    A poll completed last week found only 37% of American approve of Congress' job performance, down from 45% just one month ago, and its lowest rating since 1999. "


    Tough luck, Bush-groupies.. your team is in the minority.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    furthermore....

    If I were unemployed, you would be hearing a WHOLE LOT MORE from me than the "moronic dribble" that you've seen so far. In fact, I think I may need to pick up the pace, since many more people agree with me than disagree...

    "Gallup: Only 37% Approve of Congress, a 'Surprising Drop'

    By E&P Staff

    Published: March 15, 2005 12:05 PM ET


    NEW YORK A new Gallup Poll released today finds what Frank Newport, its director, calls a ?surprising drop in Americans? approval of the way Congress is handling its job.?

    A poll completed last week found only 37% of American approve of Congress' job performance, down from 45% just one month ago, and its lowest rating since 1999. "


    Tough luck, Bush-groupies.. your team is in the minority.
    Would he be a Democlone??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I was simply saying that my fellow democradrones and I simply want to be able to provide our views on this forum without being labeled as hateful or unpatriotic.
    There's another democrat that appears to have "hateful" anit-republican messages in nearly all of his posts. This isn't you, but care to take a guess on who it is? I don't mind your posts at all, although I usually don't agree with them...but that's my opinion (as is the "hateful" sentiment I mentioned)
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I was simply saying that my fellow democradrones and I simply want to be able to provide our views on this forum without being labeled as hateful or unpatriotic.
    This is what it's really all about. The rest of it is just semantics. You want to have a forum for your ideas and opinions without feeling that people are thinking you are hateful and unpatrotic. So do most other posters here. Myself included. Many of your fellow "democradrones" just want to be bomb throwers. So what happens is that everyone gets painted with the same brush.

    This thread was dead until yesterday when you posted "As far as Halliburton is concerned,

    According to Pentagon auditors, they overcharged the US military about $108 million dollars in fuel sales to Iraq."

    At that point, I provided a link that shows fraud cases against the government that netted $12 billion in fines, a number substantly higher then the $108 million in overcharges.

    You thought it was important to take a shot at Haliburton and I thought it was necessary to talk about the fraud being committed by the healthcare industry in its overcharges to Medicare. How you take this as a personal affront is beyond me. You work in education and I'm talking about private industry.

    I'm sorry you felt offended, but so long as the discussion borders on the edges, somebody's gonna get some paint on them. You are just as much to blame for that as I am. Jean Paul Sartre said, "any logical argument can be carried to an absurdity." Arguments are usually based on semantics, which can be talked about forever without proof or truth.

    Civility starts at home.

    Peace Out!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  5. #45  
    Low approval rating b/c democrats hold everything up. There has to be a congressional hearing on every appointment.

    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    furthermore....

    If I were unemployed, you would be hearing a WHOLE LOT MORE from me than the "moronic dribble" that you've seen so far. In fact, I think I may need to pick up the pace, since many more people agree with me than disagree...

    "Gallup: Only 37% Approve of Congress, a 'Surprising Drop'

    By E&P Staff

    Published: March 15, 2005 12:05 PM ET


    NEW YORK A new Gallup Poll released today finds what Frank Newport, its director, calls a ?surprising drop in Americans? approval of the way Congress is handling its job.?

    A poll completed last week found only 37% of American approve of Congress' job performance, down from 45% just one month ago, and its lowest rating since 1999. "


    Tough luck, Bush-groupies.. your team is in the minority.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Low approval rating b/c democrats hold everything up. There has to be a congressional hearing on every appointment.
    So the Repubs are in control and its the democrats fault.

    You know how ridiculous that is? of course you do! I am really surpized that you had the nerve to post that one!
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    This is what it's really all about. The rest of it is just semantics. You want to have a forum for your ideas and opinions without feeling that people are thinking you are hateful and unpatrotic. So do most other posters here. Myself included. Many of your fellow "democradrones" just want to be bomb throwers. So what happens is that everyone gets painted with the same brush.

    This thread was dead until yesterday when you posted "As far as Halliburton is concerned,

    According to Pentagon auditors, they overcharged the US military about $108 million dollars in fuel sales to Iraq."

    At that point, I provided a link that shows fraud cases against the government that netted $12 billion in fines, a number substantly higher then the $108 million in overcharges.

    You thought it was important to take a shot at Haliburton and I thought it was necessary to talk about the fraud being committed by the healthcare industry in its overcharges to Medicare. How you take this as a personal affront is beyond me. You work in education and I'm talking about private industry.

    I'm sorry you felt offended, but so long as the discussion borders on the edges, somebody's gonna get some paint on them. You are just as much to blame for that as I am. Jean Paul Sartre said, "any logical argument can be carried to an absurdity." Arguments are usually based on semantics, which can be talked about forever without proof or truth.

    Civility starts at home.

    Peace Out!
    Well you directed the comment to me that "doctors are crooks" and you know I am a doctor. So if you can't understand how anyone could construe that as a personal affront .......well I don't care, its not worth arguing with you about.

    I refreshed the thread because there were several news stories on this issue hot off the press yesterday one of which I posted. Posting facts or news items and trying to foster a discussion is a good thing. I would love to see less of this on the forum and maybe between the two of us, we can begrudge each other the opportunity to point it out in a fair way when each of us see it. Peace.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 03/16/2005 at 10:02 AM.
  8. #48  
    Hey that guy was on the Daily Show last nite.

    <cue comments on liberal slanted pig Jon Stewart>
  9. #49  
    yes, I enjoyed the author's comments, what did you think?
  10. #50  
    The democrats hold everything up. There has to be a congressional hearing on every appointment to purposefully hold things up.

    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    So the Repubs are in control and its the democrats fault.
  11. #51  
    polly wanna cracker?

    Here's what it boils down to:

    "When people are down on Congress, they don't make distinctions between party," Ornstein said. "But ultimately, if you've got a low rating and you're in the majority, you better be nervous."
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    yes, I enjoyed the author's comments, what did you think?
    honestly i was half asleep, but his comment on the difference between bullsh1t and lying was good
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    polly wanna cracker
    The democrats hold everything up. There has to be a congressional hearing on every appointment to purposefully hold things up.

    Have to repeat it, seems my post is quoted, but not read.
  14. #54  
    Come again? It still sounds like you're just trying to shift the blame..... inconsequential tho


    "When people are down on Congress, they don't make distinctions between party," Ornstein said. "But ultimately, if you've got a low rating and you're in the majority, you better be nervous."
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Come again?

    The democrats hold everything up. There has to be a congressional hearing on every appointment to purposefully hold things up.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    The democrats hold everything up. There has to be a congressional hearing on every appointment to purposefully hold things up.
    waaaahhh! the bad democrats won't give us our rubber stamp back!


    (hmmm. I sound like clairegrrl)
  17.    #57  
    Bush/Cheney helped Halliburton hide government ripoffs...

    http://thinkprogress.org/index.php?p=445

    Wonder why????
  18. #58  
    It never says Bush/Cheney helped Halliburton. How can anyone take Nudist seriously if he consistently mis-quotes his links. Nudist, you appear to lie a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Bush/Cheney helped Halliburton hide government ripoffs...

    http://thinkprogress.org/index.php?p=445

    Wonder why????
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    (hmmm. I sound like clairegrrl)
    Actually, you sound like this homeless guy I see every day mumbling to himself. I'm sure the CIA has been after him for years.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  20. #60  
    "Tough luck, Bush-groupies.. your team is in the minority. "

    you are so full of sh1t its amazing. you insist you are in the majority when your team has lost two straight elections!
    what's wrong with your brain? if we were in the minority, fool, we'd have lost them both.
    geez, what a pathetic case of being out of touch with reality.
    go ahead and spew your garbage, though, you'll find that you're going to lose ANOTHER election!
    and how will you feel after your extreme obsession trying to smirk republicans fails miserably yet again, nudist? seriously, how are you going to feel after suffering another bone-crushing defeat?
    I think you're a little delusional... oh, and also very unemployed.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions