1.    #1  
    I almost hesitate to post this here, as it has nothing to do with religion, politics, social security, Iraq, or abortion, but here goes:

One of the greatest things about the Palm OS is how easy it is to keep data from multiple sources or locations in sync. I can update on my Treo, and the PCs at my 2 regular work locations, at home, and my laptop, and the OS does a great job of keeping everything in sync.

Is anyone aware of a PC app that will do the same kind of thing for other files. I carry a little USB drive with me, and sometimes end up with different sets, or versions of, files at different locations and on the USB drive. An app that would compare folders on the USB drive to folders on each PC, and keep them in sync, would be a Godsend.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    A colleague of mine recently purchased such software. I just sent him an email asking the title. I'll post his reply.
    I was about to suggest Laplink. But I don't think it will sync with a flash drive...

Oh yeah, and...umm...ummm...Republicans want to take away your USB drives!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Are your cpts already on a home network? If so it's very easy to be able to transfer files amongst them.
  5.    #5  
    Shopharim: Thanks. I look forward to the answer.

Advance: No. Well, yes, my home PCs are all networked, as are my office PCs, but the PCs I'm talking about are at widely displaced physical locations which are not networked together. And the problem isn't really transfering files. I can do that several ways (USB drive, email, remote access software, just to name a few). The issue is keeping them in sync. So if I update document A at home, and document B at work location 1, and spreadsheet C at work location 2, I can make sure I have the most recent version of each file replicated in all three places. Or at least on my USB drive.

Yes, I know that the simple solution would be to always use the USB drive to store the files, but (1) I don't always remember, (2) I need to keep backups, and (3) for work purposes documents have to be on the network where they can be shared.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Super Flexible File Synchronizer

http://www.superflexible.com/
    I use IceMirror to backup my computer at home (which I'm doing right now over Winhand, actually).