Page 70 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2209
  1. #1381  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherv View Post
    What a despicable administration....and yet, not surprising. My vitriol is cordially extended to those who still blindly support this pathetic president.
    One rather pities than despises incompetence. This administration is focused on the wrong problems and the wrong tools. Perhaps we have learned something about strong vice-presidents.

    The Congressional leadership is not much better. Imagine taking up the Armenian genocide after all this time and at this time.

    Perhaps we are becoming ungovernable.
  2. #1382  
    Have neoconservatives absolutely no shame?

    FEMA apologizes for fake "reporters"

    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The main U.S. disaster-response agency apologized on Friday for having its employees pose as reporters in a news briefing on California's wildfires that no journalists attended.

    The Federal Emergency Management Agency, still struggling to restore its image after the bungled handling of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, issued the apology after The Washington Post published details of the Tuesday briefing.

    "We can and must do better, and apologize for this error in judgment," FEMA deputy administrator Harvey Johnson, who conducted the briefing, said in a statement. "Our intent was to provide useful information and be responsive to the many questions we have received."

    No actual reporter attended the hastily called news conference in person, although some camera crews arrived late to film incidental shots, officials said.

    A spokeswoman for Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, who has authority over FEMA, called the incident "inexcusable and offensive to the secretary."

    "We have made it clear that stunts such as this will not be tolerated or repeated," spokeswoman Laura Keehner said. She said the department was considering reprimands.

    The White House said: "It was just a bad way to handle it." The Bush administration has faced criticism previously over accusations it masked public relations efforts as journalism.

    FEMA had called the briefing with about 15 minutes notice as federal officials headed for Southern California to oversee firefighting and rescue efforts. Reporters were also given a phone number to listen in but could not ask questions.

    But with no reporters attending and a FEMA video feed being carried live by some television networks, FEMA press employees posed questions for Johnson that included: "Are you happy with FEMA's response so far?"

    Johnson replied that he was "very happy with FEMA's response so far," according to Friday's Post account, which FEMA spokesman Aaron Walker confirmed,

    Johnson also told the briefing that the agency had the benefit of "good leadership" and other factors, "none of which were present at Katrina." Chertoff was head of the Homeland Security Department during Katrina.

    FEMA's administrator during Katrina, Michael Brown, resigned amid widespread criticism over his handling of the disaster, despite U.S. President George W. Bush's initial declaration that he was doing a "heck of a job."

    E-mails between Brown and his colleagues over the course of the storm revealed a preoccupation with his media image. "I am a fashion god," he wrote.

    FEMA is reviewing its press procedures and will make changes to ensure they are "straightforward and transparent," Johnson said on Friday.

    Bush spokeswoman Dana Perino said the White House did not condone FEMA's action and would not engage in such practices.

    But in 2004 the investigative arm of Congress, the Government Accountability Office, accused the administration of "covert propaganda" in distributing video packages about federal health programs that looked like independent news reports.

    Conservative pundit Armstrong Williams lost a syndication deal for his column in 2005 and apologized after a disclosure that he accepted $240,000 from the Bush administration to promote education legislation in his commentaries.

    U.S. defense officials that year also confirmed that U.S. troops wrote articles that were planted in Iraqi newspapers in exchange for money.
  3. #1383  
    I don't get it....that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
  4. #1384  
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Have neoconservatives absolutely no shame?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

    Also, what does a FEMA press conference have to do with the question of global warming?
  5. #1385  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    More heavy handed editing by Bush Co.
    Not to mention all the health hazards from attempting to protect property and fight against all the "natural" disasters that result from man's escalation of climate change and their associated hard-dollar costs. Yet, today's neocon plays a New York shellgame with the facts as it suits their primative agenda. Billy Kristol must be oh-so proud of his lemmings.
  6. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #1386  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

    Also, what does a FEMA press conference have to do with the question of global warming?
    Nothing, but Shortie has a lot of pent-up hate as the forum as been relatively quiet the last couple of days.

    I suppose he has to cover up Pelosi's shenanigans over the past last week in Congress. Instead of being in California concerning herself with the wildfires in her state, there she is in DC playing politics with SCHIP and the Armenians.

    I really have to question this woman's intelligence, and those of Shortie and Modboy who support her, because I can't believe a member of Congress can be *that* politically inept.
  7. #1387  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    I don't get it....that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
    When win-at-all-cost politics and manipulations drive neocon policies which negatively effect real people's lives, it has every bit as much to do with this subject as does a related discussion on nuclear power alternatives and their inherent risks within the context of global threats of terrorism.
  8. #1388  
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    When win-at-all-cost politics and manipulations drive neocon policies which negatively effect real people's lives, it has every bit as much to do with this subject as does a related discussion on nuclear power alternatives and their inherent risks within the context of global threats of terrorism.
    It has as much to do with neoconservatives as it does with global warming.
  9. #1389  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    I really have to question this woman's intelligence, and those of Shortie and Modboy who support her, because I can't believe a member of Congress can be *that* politically inept.
    I've been avoiding you because I've been traveling and you've been on my ignore list. I clicked to see your response and I can see that you're up to your usual smears, this time questioning my intelligence because you think I support Pelosi. I guess I have to question yours since you clearly cannot read - it was ME that started the thread questioning her leadership and it was ME that has said consistently I do not support her as the speaker. But feel free to engage of more of that "fair and balanced" discourse you like to pretend to do so well and defining your "enemies" however you see fit.

    Now go back to playing your role as the martyr while simulateously going about your sleaze ball form of debating Germán. Don't you have an "IT consulting" engagement to do or something? As if...

    Ba bye oil troll.

    Oh and don't forget to scream like a little girl about name calling again...even though you just did the same darn thing yourself, AGAIN. Hypocrite.
  10. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #1390  
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    When win-at-all-cost politics and manipulations .....
    Does anyone else find this commentary rich given, for example, the rhetorical excuses offered by the left when Jindal won the governorship in Louisiana?

    As one commentator quipped on Dailykos, "Ethnic cleansing by hurricane pays off for the GOP handsomely I guess."

    Typical verbage by the kool-aid drinking, "say anything" left, yet they have the gall to complain about politics as usual?

    Irony so sweet and thick that if it were sprinkled with nuts and prepared by a Greek it would make fine baklava.
  11. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #1391  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I've been avoiding you because I've been traveling and you've been on my ignore list. I clicked to see your response and I can see that you're up to your usual smears, this time questioning my intelligence because you think I support Pelosi. I guess I have to question yours since you clearly cannot read - it was ME that started the thread questioning her leadership and it was ME that has said consistently I do not support her as the speaker. But feel free to engage of more of that "fair and balanced" discourse you like to pretend to do so well and defining your "enemies" however you see fit.
    The record shows that you are merely not enthusiastic about Pelosi. However, you did mention that you were solidly behind Murtha (one of the more corrupt members of Congress - no less), who is the third wheel in the Pelosi-Reid-Murtha triumvirate.

    As usual, your position is ambiguous and shifting due to prevailing political winds.

    Not everyone is fooled though by your unconvincing protestations. Inexorably, your true dispositions come out. Much fodder, though, you have provided in trying to hide them.

    Oh and don't forget to scream like a little girl about name calling again...even though you just did the same darn thing yourself, AGAIN. Hypocrite.
    Hmmm, well.......no.

    I have no need to resort to name-calling when I can debate the facts and compete on the content. As the record shows, I have called exactly one person, one name, ever, and it was a name that was quite tame compared to those of your ilk have lobbed at me in this forum.

    Feel free to continue "scurrying around" the forum Modboy. It does provide us with much entertainment.
  12. #1392  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I've been avoiding you because I've been traveling and you've been on my ignore list. I clicked to see your response and I can see that you're up to your usual smears, this time questioning my intelligence because you think I support Pelosi. I guess I have to question yours since you clearly cannot read - it was ME that started the thread questioning her leadership and it was ME that has said consistently I do not support her as the speaker. But feel free to engage of more of that "fair and balanced" discourse you like to pretend to do so well and defining your "enemies" however you see fit.

    Now go back to playing your role as the martyr while simulateously going about your sleaze ball form of debating Germán. Don't you have an "IT consulting" engagement to do or something? As if...

    Ba bye oil troll.

    Oh and don't forget to scream like a little girl about name calling again...even though you just did the same darn thing yourself, AGAIN. Hypocrite.
    Ha! Thanks for the laugh. Had to take a peek at what the little guy was whining about now. Just more personal attacks and false-characterizations. Aren't you in utter amazement he still lacks the ability to be sensible where his personal economics are concerned? It appears tin-foil hats are equal opportunity head-dressings. Back to your hole you go!
  13. #1393  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    The record shows that you are merely not enthusiastic about Pelosi. However, you did mention that you were solidly behind Murtha (one of the more corrupt members of Congress - no less), who is the third wheel in the Pelosi-Reid-Murtha triumvirate.
    As usual, you're unable to say your wrong about anything. Troll.

    As usual, your position is ambiguous and shifting due to prevailing political winds.
    It's called "balanced". Look into it neo-nut.

    Not everyone is fooled though by your unconvincing protestations. Inexorably, your true dispositions come out. Much fodder, though, you have provided in trying to hide them.
    Not everyone is fooled by your arrogant tripe and phoney cries of outrage when someone stands up to you. Drink a few more gallons of that oil you drill Germán.

    I have no need to resort to name-calling when I can debate the facts and compete on the content. As the record shows, I have called exactly one person, one name, ever, and it was a name that was quite tame compared to those of your ilk have lobbed at me in this forum.
    You lob plenty around here and your record does stand for itself. You just did it to another new poster only days ago. You're a troll. You troll on Digg and now you've ruined this forum with more of your oil-stained bull$hit insults, sarchasm, and condescending mockery instead of mature debate. You're a tiny tiny little man...boy really. And I cannot be bothered responding to your drivel post after post.

    Feel free to continue "scurrying around" the forum Modboy. It does provide us with much entertainment.
    I'm certain I am old enough to be your father. Thankfully I am not.

    Now don't you have a paramilitary meeting to attend or something Germán?
  14. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #1394  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    As usual, you're unable to say your wrong about anything. Troll.
    More name-calling, but let it show that you did not have a problem being associated with Pelosi (or Murtha for that matter).

    <snipped continued name calling and esoteric references to someone named German>

    You lob plenty around here and your record does stand for itself.
    Indeed....I lob facts and opinions, and that record certainly stands for itself for all to see.

    You just did it to another new poster only days ago.
    Please feel free to cite this mysterious name-calling on my part from a few days ago?

    You're a troll.
    ...and there it is, more desperation...

    You troll on Digg and now you've ruined this forum with more of your oil-stained bull$hit insults, sarchasm, and condescending mockery instead of mature debate. You're a tiny tiny little man...boy really. And I cannot be bothered responding to your drivel post after post.
    Like I said before, I am almost flattered you have resorted to cyber-stalking me. I didn't know I was that intriguing!

    I'm certain I am old enough to be your father.
    Damn.....well then, let me hand you some Geritol!

    Now don't you have a paramilitary meeting to attend or something Germán?
    Who is German? And what is this paramilitary meeting you refer to?

    Wait - I thought you had me on ignore?

    LOL - so I AM irresistable, huh?
    Last edited by gojeda; 10/27/2007 at 07:35 PM.
  15. #1395  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    More name-calling, but let it show that you did not have a problem being associated with Pelosi (or Murtha for that matter).

    <snipped continued name calling and esoteric references to someone named German>
    Don't you mean to say, "filed as inaccurate?" like you usually do on Digg? I've opened two threads expressing my displeasure with Pelosi. How many have you started complaining about anyone from the extreme right? Zero. So using your logic, you're hereby a neoconservative for failure to draw attention to the obvious failures of a feeble minded President. A bit of a stretch? Tough $hit. Stop doing it to me and I'll stop doing it to you.

    Indeed....I lob facts and opinions, and that record certainly stands for itself for all to see.
    You're full of opinions, we can agree on that. But since opinions are like , everybody has one....wait...since you are one I guess its no wonder you have so many opinions! Too bad their filled with spinning, twisting, lies, and more out right lies backed by unadulterated brow beating (ala Bill O'Reilly) to make the less knowledgeable think you actually know what you're talking about.

    Please feel free to cite this mysterious name-calling on my part from a few days ago?
    His userID is gksmithlcw and I didn't say you necessarily called him names. Your attacks are more cowardess than that. Unless you find this sort of attitude becoming?

    "I didn't find the limpwristed correlation between warm midwestern days to global warming all that appealing either, so I guess we are in the same boat. gojeda"

    ...and there it is, more desperation...
    Are you gonna play the poor martyr again? It's getting very old really. But have at it. Make sure you bring all of the right-wing friends in here to defend your attacks by screaming more of their phoney outrage about identifying you for what you are - an oil troll - while convieniently ignoring how you insult, tease, bully, and call names (e.g. like xenophobe...one of your favorites up on Digg as well I see) for the sake of being "right" (pun intended).

    Like I said before, I am almost flattered you have resorted to cyber-stalking me. I didn't know I was that intriguing!
    If it makes your little wee wee feel a wee bit bigger junior, go ahead and believe that I am "stalking you".

    In actuality, I simply found your constant references to academic journals, professors, geophysicist letters, coastal research and other scientist to be rather unbelievable for a supposed "IT consultant". The fact that you're a contributing editor in one of the very on-line rags you claim to like so much was just icing on the cake.

    I do not buy that you are just “into this stuff” and have time in between consulting engagements to be calling around to dozens of scientists and professors. No sir, you have such time because you yourself are a scientist (and I use that term very loosely). You do remember when you regaled us all with your rolodex, don’t you? Apparently your IT consulting rolodex consists of more scientists and professors than SAP consultants. Amazing.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1246

    Chairman of the Department of Meteorology at the University of Wisconsin
    Joseph D'Aleo, Fellow of the American Meterological Society
    Robert Balling, Professor of Climatology at Arizona State University
    Dr. Sallie Baliunas, Astrophysicist professor from Harvard University
    Pat Michaels, Research Professor for the University of Virginia

    Let’s have a look at your sources from two more posts this thread. In the first you readily posted an article to support whatever-the-heck your claims are about global warming (more on your point, or lack thereof later). http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1244
    In addition to the regular stream of rags that most IT guys subscribe to just to keep up in that industry, you apparently have time to read Opinion Journal, Earth Times, Geotimes, Geophysical Research Letters, and the Journal of Coastal Research, and Journal of The American Association for the Advancement of Science. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1249

    Most fascinating to me is the Journal of Coastal Research and Geophysical Research Letters. You may try to convince me that you found these while installing a fresh copy of Vista while performing your IT help desk duties at one of your clients, but I think you discovered them while you were here:

    http://www.oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/ex...ers.html#Ojeda

    Now I’ve credited you for your obvious academic achievements in the past so I won’t go there again. But for all that would like to know, German is a very well educated young man. Normally, I’d be very impressed. But since he is so impressed with himself I find it very very hard to be anything but repulsed given what he has decided to do with his education..

    You’ll note that German also did a gig and received his B.S. degree in Geology from the Universidad Nacional de Colombia. Pay careful attention to his employers and his coastal experiences while at NOAA. http://garavito.colciencias.gov.co/p...cod=0000213047

    Damn.....well then, let me hand you some Geritol!
    Cute. When you grow something more than peach fuzz on those raisins you call balls and untuck that tiny little d$ck you constantly overcompensate for on this forum I'll take you up your Geritol handouts.

    Who is German? And what is this paramilitary meeting you refer to?

    Wait - I thought you had me on ignore?

    LOL - so I AM irresistable, huh?
    Someone tipped me off about your little trolling. You just couldn't resist calling me out could you?
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 11/05/2007 at 05:34 PM.
  16. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #1396  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Don't you mean to say, "filed as inaccurate?" like you usually do on Digg? I've opened two threads expressing my displeasure with Pelosi. How many have you started complaining about anyone from the extreme right? Zero. So using your logic, you're hereby a neoconservative for failure to draw attention to the obvious failures of a feeble minded President. A bit of a stretch? Tough $hit. Stop doing it to me and I'll stop doing it to you.
    You "dislike" Pelosi, but you like Mothra...err Murtha....

    Yea - that makes sense

    My previous descriptions on your political leanings are spot on. No need to revisit that.

    You're full of opinions, we can agree on that. But since opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one....wait...since you are one I guess its no wonder you have so many opinions! Too bad their filled with spinning, twisting, lies, and more out right lies backed by unadulterated brow beating (ala Bill O'Reilly) to make the less knowledgeable think you actually know what you're talking about.
    Indeed, the less knowledgeable should listen to the likes of Gore and Michael Moore instead...LOL!

    His userID is gksmithlcw and I didn't say you necessarily called him names. Your attacks are more cowardess than that. Unless you find this sort of attitude becoming?
    Good - at least we agree that I do not call people on here names.

    "I didn't find the limpwristed correlation between warm midwestern days to global warming all that appealing either, so I guess we are in the same boat. gojeda"
    gkw's comment was poorly thought out, thus my response - which was true then and is true today.

    It was not an attack. Questioning the validity of one's comment is not an attack. A difference of opinion is not an attack.

    Learn the difference please.

    Are you gonna play the poor martyr again? It's getting very old really. But have at it. Make sure you bring all of the right-wing friends in here to defend your attacks by screaming more of their phoney outrage about identifying you for what you are - an oil troll - while convieniently ignoring how you insult, tease, bully, and call names (e.g. like xenophobe...one of your favorites up on Digg as well I see) for the sake of being "right" (pun intended).
    I am simply in stitches that you are actually trying to investigate me....LMFAOO!!

    If it makes your little wee wee feel a wee bit bigger junior, go ahead and believe that I am "stalking you".
    OK, now this is creepy.

    First you cyber stalking me, now you are talking about my wee wee-wee?

    <shudders>

    In actuality, I simply found your constant references to academic journals, professors, geophysicist letters, coastal research and other scientist to be rather unbelievable for a supposed "IT consultant".
    No more unbelieveable, or believeable, than any sources post by, say, Cellboy..et al....

    You can choose to believe or disbelieve whatever you want. Allow me to disbelieve your and your cohort's platform of FUD.

    The fact that you're a contributing editor in one of the very on-line rags you claim to like so much was just icing on the cake.

    I do not buy that you are just “into this stuff” and have time in between consulting engagements to be calling around to dozens of scientists and professors. No sir, you have such time because you yourself are a scientist (and I use that term very loosely). You do remember when you regaled us all with your rolodex, don’t you? Apparently your IT consulting rolodex consists of more scientists and professors than SAP consultants. Amazing.
    No, my name is not Al Gore. I do not pretend to be a scientist as I am not one.

    You really need to tell me who this German character is? And why you are so infatuated with him?

    Cute. When you grow something more than peach fuzz on those raisins you call balls and untuck that tiny little d$ck you constantly overcompensate for on this forum I'll take you up your Geritol handouts.
    More talk about my wee-wee....tsk tsk...

    Someone tipped me off about your little trolling. You just couldn't resist calling me out could you?
    "Calling you out"? Out of where....the closet (in light of all my wee-wee talk)?

    Im not sure where you are coming from, or who you think I am, but it is quite fun seeing you spin your wheels over me.
  17. #1397  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    If it makes your little wee wee feel a wee bit bigger junior, go ahead and believe that I am "stalking you".
    This person isn't worth the air it consumes, given its sanctimonious, snide, insulting chronic behavior. Though it would take an enormous amount of effort, don't lower yourself to its level.

    Now I’ve credited you for your obvious academic achievements in the past so I won’t go there again. But for all that would like to know, German is a very well educated young man. Normally, I’d be very impressed. But since he is so impressed with himself I find it very very hard to be anything but repulsed given what he has decided to do with his education.
    Educated idiots are a dime-a-dozen, quite literally. A distinguished scholar, or even a gentleman with integrity, he shall never be.
  18. #1398  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    You "dislike" Pelosi, but you like Mothra...err Murtha....

    Yea - that makes sense
    I never said I think Murtha should run for President. The man in a war veteran and I respect that he is outspoken about the war. If he is ever indicted and convicted of any charges I'm sure I'll be disappointed. But that is neither here nor there - it has nothing to do with my dislike for Pelosi. You may not always call names, but you have a penchant for trying to define those that you disagree with.

    My previous descriptions on your political leanings are spot on. No need to revisit that.
    As stated above, you have a penchant for defining those that differ from you. You've done it since the very first post in this off-topic forum and continue to do so today. Strangely, you run from the term neoconservative...then again, since you're a hypocrite, I guess its not all that surprising.

    Indeed, the less knowledgeable should listen to the likes of Gore and Michael Moore instead...LOL!
    There you go defining once again. I really have little respect for Michael Moore. But it sounded fun to your neocon audience I guess. As for Al Gore, I do respect him in many ways and really feel no shame in that. He is not a perfect man, but compared to many others he certainly has achieved quite a lot in one lifetime and I for one think the bulk of that has been good.

    Good - at least we agree that I do not call people on here names.
    Not quite. Never said that - but once again, feel free to put words in my mouth. You've done your share of name calling and you know it.

    gkw's comment was poorly thought out, thus my response - which was true then and is true today.

    It was not an attack. Questioning the validity of one's comment is not an attack. A difference of opinion is not an attack.
    I wonder what he thought of it? You're rude and condescending beyond belief. It's the reason I find you so revolting and have since your very first post when you insulted Barye then went on to "define" me (or attempt to) as a "liberal."

    I am simply in stitches that you are actually trying to investigate me....LMFAOO!!
    Investigate? Don't flatter yourself too much. I consider it recon, as any good soldier would and prefer to know what I'm up against when faced with a threat. I'm certain a true investigation would reveal some pretty distubring things about you so I'd rather not know too much more.

    You can choose to believe or disbelieve whatever you want. Allow me to disbelieve your and your cohort's platform of FUD.
    I believe you are defining me yet again. FUD? What FUD have I spread? I accept the bulk of the IPCC and recent government reports on the Arctic as well as many other scientific findings that global warming is real, man is a contributor, and that the end result could be something bad. To what degree and how bad? I don't know. Nor are I spreading FUD that the sky will someday fall. There is enough evidence to have me concerned though and since we only have one planet it seems to me we ought to try and avoid whatever potentially adverse things could happen.

    Truth be told, you yourself have acknowledged that global warming is real and that man probably has contributed to it. We actually agree on that much. But your constant references to Al Gore and the rest of your right-wing rhetoric also masks the fact that while you're more skeptical than I as too how much man has contributed or that the planet may be in peril; in some ways we may not be that far apart. And I don't mind that we have different opinions at all as there are several others that share that sentiment. My issue with you is with the constant defining, insulting and lying to make my position seem as though it is radical and "liberal".
  19. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #1399  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I never said I think Murtha should run for President. The man in a war veteran and I respect that he is outspoken about the war. If he is ever indicted and convicted of any charges I'm sure I'll be disappointed. But that is neither here nor there - it has nothing to do with my dislike for Pelosi. You may not always call names, but you have a penchant for trying to define those that you disagree with.
    Or is it perhaps that some run away from the labels that accurately describe them?

    You would not be the first.

    Anyway, back to the point, your "dislike" of Pelosi is not one I would call "spirited".

    As stated above, you have a penchant for defining those that differ from you. You've done it since the very first post in this off-topic forum and continue to do so today. Strangely, you run from the term neoconservative...then again, since you're a hypocrite, I guess its not all that surprising.
    To be honest, you can call me whatever you'd like. The difference is that while you call me "neo-conservative", I just laugh at you. When I call you "liberal", you get bent out of shape which, in turn, kindles the name-calling.

    There you go defining once again. I really have little respect for Michael Moore. But it sounded fun to your neocon audience I guess. As for Al Gore, I do respect him in many ways and really feel no shame in that. He is not a perfect man, but compared to many others he certainly has achieved quite a lot in one lifetime and I for one think the bulk of that has been good.
    So much good that the voters of Tennessee wouldn't vote him for President....

    ....but I digress.

    Not quite. Never said that - but once again, feel free to put words in my mouth. You've done your share of name calling and you know it.
    No, actually I don't know that. Again, I am asking you to provide all the instances where I've called people names.

    Have at it.

    I wonder what he thought of it?
    I would imagine he didn't like the reception his comment got. Then again, if I had made a similiar comment, I would probably expect the same in return.

    You're rude and condescending beyond belief.
    I think everyone knows by now that if one is not part of little liberal clique that has esconced itself in the forum that you are subject to being incessantly marginalized...like you just did above.

    Some of us accept the name-calling, the questions of intelligence, and the ad hominem attacks, but that will never.....ever....be a suitable substitute for substantive discussion.

    Investigate? Don't flatter yourself too much. I consider it recon, as any good soldier would and prefer to know what I'm up against when faced with a threat. I'm certain a true investigation would reveal some pretty distubring things about you so I'd rather not know too much more.
    Feel free to investigate away since you obviously have a lot of time on your hands. I will not make any grotesque cries that my "civil liberties" are being trampled upon.

    <snipped evasive rhetoric>

    Truth be told, you yourself have acknowledged that global warming is real and that man probably has contributed to it.
    Really? Oh brother....

    I said global warming is real insofar that it is a natural process. I have my doubts as to whether or not man contributes in any meaningful way, and whether or not the whole issue is particularly troubling to begin with.

    But your constant references to Al Gore....
    The references to Algore is merely a counterweight to those on this forum who choose to deify the man.

    My issue with you is with the constant defining, insulting and lying to make my position seem as though it is radical and "liberal".
    I think the record says that I have no need to insult or lie unlike others. You keep charging me with such malfeasance, but I say to you that making charges without demonstration rings hollow.

    No, I never called you radical. I called you a liberal because that is what you are. The fact that you have a problem with being called liberal when, in fact, you are liberal, just makes you all the more liberal.
  20. #1400  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Or is it perhaps that some run away from the labels that accurately describe them?
    I don't accept your labeling because we both know that liberal to you means, baby-killing, birkenstock wearing, tax and spend, government hand-out, tree hugging liberals.

    You would not be the first.
    And you would not be the first neoconservative to endlessly change the subject in Rovian fashion.

    Anyway, back to the point, your "dislike" of Pelosi is not one I would call "spirited".
    More excuses. You were wrong. Period. You mischaracterized me and you still cannot admit it.

    To be honest, you can call me whatever you'd like. The difference is that while you call me "neo-conservative", I just laugh at you. When I call you "liberal", you get bent out of shape which, in turn, kindles the name-calling.
    You laugh because you know its true. I don't laugh because I know you are, in effect, calling me names. If I don't accept your definition of liberal and let you know that I don't think I fit that definition, then you should accept that graciously and move on. You went on for 4 pages to try and prove you're rudeness was right somehow rather than just saying "sorry about that" and moving on.

    No, actually I don't know that. Again, I am asking you to provide all the instances where I've called people names.

    Have at it.
    Tin-foil hat wearing liberal, Birkenstock wearing liberal, xenophobe, and constant inferences to other people's opinions as idiotic all come to mind.

    I would imagine he didn't like the reception his comment got. Then again, if I had made a similiar comment, I would probably expect the same in return.
    I would imagine he thought you were a rude a$$hole.

    I think everyone knows by now that if one is not part of little liberal clique that has esconced itself in the forum that you are subject to being incessantly marginalized...like you just did above.
    Marginalized on a friggin' cell phone forum? Puh leaze. I travel a lot and don't always have time to post. In addition, I've added you to my ignore list, where I hope to have you return to, so I haven't been reading your drivel and responding until you decided to provoke this round.

    Some of us accept the name-calling, the questions of intelligence, and the ad hominem attacks, but that will never.....ever....be a suitable substitute for substantive discussion.
    Then why do you continue to do it? Feel free to enter into what you call "substantive discussion" and I think many others will be apt to follow.

    Feel free to investigate away since you obviously have a lot of time on your hands. I will not make any grotesque cries that my "civil liberties" are being trampled upon.
    If you weren't so full of yourself it wouldn't have been so easy.

    Really? Oh brother....

    I said global warming is real insofar that it is a natural process. I have my doubts as to whether or not man contributes in any meaningful way, and whether or not the whole issue is particularly troubling to begin with.
    OK. So you think global warming is real and have doubts (as in, you acknowledge it might be) that man has contributed. I don't think anybody would mind if you truly were only "questioning" as that is the point of the thread and part of this thing called "substantive discussion." But it is also clear you're not nearly as interested in substantive discussion as you are being rude, insulting, arrogant, pompous, condescending, and mostly...extremely right-winged....so far right that anything left of Rumsfield is insulting to you considered "liberal". And by "liberal" we know that you mean it in the most negative of ways, not in a Ben Franklin or Thomas Jefferson kind of way.

    The references to Algore is merely a counterweight to those on this forum who choose to deify the man.
    Another mischaracterization. I don't deify the man. I've never said I that and yet you feel the need to continue to use such rhetoric. You see to me that is a form of name calling as it is your way of defining me as something I am not. It is a lie and you tell plenty of lies to perpetuate your opinions that you so stubbornly cling to even when the evidence of just how wrong you are is sitting right in front of you.

    I think the record says that I have no need to insult or lie unlike others. You keep charging me with such malfeasance, but I say to you that making charges without demonstration rings hollow.
    Wrong. Covered above. You do it. Constantly. It is what you do best because you are a troll. You troll up on Digg and you troll up here. The funny part is that you think so much of yourself that you actually believe you have marginalized me on this forum (never mind how funny that sounds since this is a cell phone forum). I like this forum because I can discuss things that I cannot with my employees and yet have learned much from others with different opinions. You're not on that list because you add ZERO value to this forum. Instead your self-aggrandizing vision of yourself that you're the right-winged cavalry is amusing at times and annoying most others. But you go get em' cowboy.

    No, I never called you radical. I called you a liberal because that is what you are. The fact that you have a problem with being called liberal when, in fact, you are liberal, just makes you all the more liberal.
    Oh I understand exactly what you are calling me. You're calling me a name. So I'll keep calling you names. Apparently this is the only substantive discussion you seem to understand as any attempts to do otherwise brings us right back to this place - more name calling.

    Let the record show though it was YOU that called names first on this forum on your very first post and it was YOU that called me names by calling me a name I don't like (given your definition of it) and it was YOU that had to post flame baited nonsense in a thread I started about Turkey and it was YOU that just had to bring me up again and insult me even when I was trying to avoid discussion with you.

    You're a troll and until you can learn to act like an adult I don't care to discuss much of anything with you. I have a feeling that other than your little cabal of blind followers I am not alone in my sentiments about you.

Posting Permissions