Page 57 of 111 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2209
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    Where did the ultra-Right TCPR obtain billing hx/usage hx?
    I believe it is in the public record, but I might be mistaken.

Chris
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjvitek View Post
    I believe it is in the public record, but I might be mistaken.

Chris
    As a private citizen, it is not public record.
    No verified sources to cite? Check!
    Read again.

Where did the ultra-Right TCPR obtain billing hx/usage hx?
    Probably the same place the Associated Press got Gore's billing info. Ask them.

And what specific policy position of TCPR supports your calling them "ultra-Right" and "arch-conservative"?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Read again.
    It wasn't worth the strain on my eyes the first time.

So, you ...
    Originally Posted by samkim
    ... know Gore consumes more fossil fuel than most people on the planet.
    ... Yet you have no clue how or if the basis of your position has been substantiated/validated. Thanks for the clarity, mate!
    So, you ...
    ... Yet you have no clue how or if the basis of your position has been substantiated/validated. Thanks for the clarity, mate!
    This is why I keep asking you read again. As I said before, Gore's natural gas bill was $1080 per month, and he flies around the world in a private jet. No one has disputed either of those. The jet trips alone support my statement.

And you still haven't answered my question:
    What specific policy position of TCPR supports your calling them "ultra-Right" and "arch-conservative"?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I'm prepared to address your response on validation ... if you ever provide one. Otherwise, please continue to make your agenda look sadly foolish by parroting the creative agenda line.
    I'm prepared to address your response on validation ... if you ever provide one. Otherwise, please continue to make your agenda look sadly foolish by parroting the creative agenda line.
    You're asking for proof that Gore flies in a private jet? Do you want flight records?

And do you think the Associated Press is ultra-conservative?

Btw, you still haven't answered my question:
    What specific policy position of TCPR supports your calling them "ultra-Right" and "arch-conservative"?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Good Polly.
    This is why I keep asking you read again. As I said before, Gore's natural gas bill was $1080 per month, and he flies around the world in a private jet. No one has disputed either of those. The jet trips alone support my statement.

Not trying to pick any fights here but I am curious what you're expectations are of Gore? Yes, he is a hypocrite for consuming as much energy he does. Then again I wonder what an ex-VP should do for travel? Use a sail boat? He cannot fly commercial....well not without causing a major inconvienience for normal commercial passengers.

With respect to his home energy use, it is very high. But then again I heard is is somehow consuming much more recycle energy these days....not sure how true that is though. But here again I wonder what your expectations are of him? Should he install wind mills? Use candles? Move into an apartment?

I guess from my vantage point I see him as having to use energy as he is fighting from within the constraints of a very old fossil fuel paradigm so moving to anything radically new (hydrogen, ethenol, etc.) will require a certain amount of hypocrisy as he attempts to move mountains.

Again...I'm not looking for a fight but would like to understand your perspective a little better.

Thx
    Al Gore could be Genghis Khan in disguise and it would not change the overwhelming scientific concensus on global warming one iota.

And the American people are not stupid, they realize this.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Not trying to pick any fights here but I am curious what you're expectations are of Gore? Yes, he is a hypocrite for consuming as much energy he does. Then again I wonder what an ex-VP should do for travel? Use a sail boat? He cannot fly commercial....well not without causing a major inconvienience for normal commercial passengers.

With respect to his home energy use, it is very high. But then again I heard is is somehow consuming much more recycle energy these days....not sure how true that is though. But here again I wonder what your expectations are of him? Should he install wind mills? Use candles? Move into an apartment?

I guess from my vantage point I see him as having to use energy as he is fighting from within the constraints of a very old fossil fuel paradigm so moving to anything radically new (hydrogen, ethenol, etc.) will require a certain amount of hypocrisy as he attempts to move mountains.

Again...I'm not looking for a fight but would like to understand your perspective a little better.

Thx
    As I've said before, if I had his money, I would probably waste lots of energy too. I have no problem with people who have SUVs, mansions, and private jets.

I do have a problem with his preaching. He overhypes the consequences of climate change, and he tells people to make sacrifices that he is unwilling to make. I think it's reasonable to expect that he practice what he preaches.

Regarding plane travel, I believe Jimmy Carter travels commercial.

Regarding home energy use, he uses natural gas to heat his home.
    I see increasingly difficult days ahead for those trying to debunk global warming through smear campaigns. The scientific recommendations are getting increasingly hard to hide.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/04/...ce/climate.php
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    I see increasingly difficult days ahead for those trying to debunk global warming through smear campaigns.
    Who's doing that?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I see increasingly difficult days ahead for those trying to debunk global warming through smear campaigns. The scientific recommendations are getting increasingly hard to hide.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/04/...ce/climate.php
    Their agenda has nothing to do with climate change. Theirs is pure Atwater/Rove smear politics.
    Who's doing that?
    Samkim, I will not presuppose your intentions if you are just happy to berate Gore, its fine with me, I have no great admiration for Gore anyway. But I do respect the climate scientific community's hard and objective work. And its the recommendations of the scientific community that are going to drive energy policy, legislation and public opinion, not whether Gore flies a private jet.
    or have a pretty low opinion as to the gullability of the American public.
    Isn't the gullability of the American people the single attribute Politicians bank on to get them elected? But that is probably a whole other thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Isn't the gullability of the American people the single attribute Politicians bank on to get them elected? But that is probably a whole other thread!
    Hobbes you are too quick - I decided to leave gullability out, trying not to be too inflammatory here. But I agree with your distain of politicians.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Who's doing that?

Drew Johnson of TCPR, formerly of the hard-right American Enterprise Institute, and his feeble band of parroting swiftboat trolls ... for starters.

Drew can be reached here to set him straight: drew@tennesseepolicy.org

Bonus Note: His corporate pic almost makes Tom Delay's mugshot look good. Almost.

Extra Bonus Question(s): Where did JimBob get Gore's utility data again? Where's that reference?
    Samkim, I will not presuppose your intentions if you are just happy to berate Gore, its fine with me, I have no great admiration for Gore anyway. But I do respect the climate scientific community's hard and objective work. And its the recommendations of the scientific community that are going to drive energy policy, legislation and public opinion, not whether Gore flies a private jet.
    I think Gore has a bigger impact on public opinion in the US than the scientists themselves. That's not a good thing, IMO.
    Where did JimBob get Gore's utility data again? Where's that reference?
    If you're questioning the validity of the data, go ahead and ask him yourself. You have his email address.