Page 18 of 111 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 2209
  1.    #341  
    I feel we should have funding for a nuclear powered car, a hydrogen powered toaster, windmill powered blenders for margaritas, a tv powered by fire flies, air-conditioning piped from the North Pole, heating piped in from hell, bathe in salt water, drink salt water and only use indirect light from the moon. I feel all of this funding should come from the United States. I am a liberal, and I am here to change the world...at your expense.
  2. #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I feel we should have funding for a nuclear powered car, a hydrogen powered toaster, windmill powered blenders for margaritas, a tv powered by fire flies, air-conditioning piped from the North Pole, heating piped in from hell, bathe in salt water, drink salt water and only use indirect light from the moon. I feel all of this funding should come from the United States. I am a liberal, and I am here to change the world...at your expense.
    Would there be a solar tax credit??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3. #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    a tv powered by fire flies, .
    I was gonna ask if we'd have to catch our own fireflies but then I realized there willbe a govt bureau of firefly procurement.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  4. #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I was gonna ask if we'd have to catch our own fireflies but then I realized there willbe a govt bureau of firefly procurement.
    LOL g1
  5. #345  
    I see that there is not a shortage of hot air around here. lol
  6. #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I see that there is not a shortage of hot air around here. lol
    I thought you were going to reduce your CO2 emissions
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  7. #347  
    don't worry CG, I will keep posting here.
  8. #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    don't worry CG, I will keep posting here.
    But we'd hate to see your posting interfere with your research!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9. #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    don't worry CG, I will keep posting here.
    Just dont exhale when on TC
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  10. #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But we'd hate to see your posting interfere with your research!
    It's ok...he gets paid the same whether he is working or on TC
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  11. #351  
    OK, here's your chance to prevent global warming AND still drive your SUV
    http://www.worldjumpday.org/
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  12. #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    OK, here's your chance to prevent global warming AND still drive your SUV
    http://www.worldjumpday.org/
    The logic seems flawed. Shouldn't HALF the planet participate, rather than the whole? If there were a beach ball on the floor, and I push one side, while you push the other, it goes nowhere.
    Okay, I know I'm not a scientist, so I'm sure someone will come up with a study to tell me I'm wrong...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    The logic seems flawed. Shouldn't HALF the planet participate, rather than the whole? If there were a beach ball on the floor, and I push one side, while you push the other, it goes nowhere.
    Okay, I know I'm not a scientist, so I'm sure someone will come up with a study to tell me I'm wrong...
    Thats what I thought too, and when I read it a bit better I noticed it said 'western hemisphere' so it only gets pushed from 1 side.

    Still I am very sceptical. In theory it could work, but doubt the timing will be right between 600 million people..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  14. #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Okay, I know I'm not a scientist, so I'm sure someone will come up with a study to tell me I'm wrong...
    Nope, THIS TIME, you are right.

    It doesn't even work if only half the planet jumps (even without considering the weight of 6 billion people is irrelevant in comparison to earth): since actio=reactio, there would be no net effect (I guess).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  15. #355  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    Thats what I thought too, and when I read it a bit better I noticed it said 'western hemisphere' so it only gets pushed from 1 side.

    Still I am very sceptical. In theory it could work, but doubt the timing will be right between 600 million people..
    Yes, upon reading the fine print further, there is a brief mention of Western Hemisphere. However, the time calculator has listings for many European countries. I always knew the Western Hemisphere as being the Americas, the Eastern being Africa, Asia, Austrailia and Europe.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. #356  
    the 'interview' looks very dodgy too, wouldnt surprize me if the whole thing was a hoax..
    But thought I'd share it with you none-the-less..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  17. #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Nope, THIS TIME, you are right.
    Oh My Goodness, I shall print and frame this!! I may never hear those words again from you, Clu!


    Quick, where's Claire?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  18. #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Nope, THIS TIME, you are right.

    It doesn't even work if only half the planet jumps (even without considering the weight of 6 billion people is irrelevant in comparison to earth): since actio=reactio, there would be no net effect (I guess).
    How heavy is earth?
    600.000.000x say 75Kg=45.000.000.000Kg that is quite a bit of mass. not sure how big a change in orbit they try to achieve..

    I also heard that the Asia tsunami changed the orbit a tiny bit too.. so 45.000.000.000Kg should have some effect..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  19. #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Yes, upon reading the fine print further, there is a brief mention of Western Hemisphere. However, the time calculator has listings for many European countries. I always knew the Western Hemisphere as being the Americas, the Eastern being Africa, Asia, Austrailia and Europe.
    A quick google seems to indicate that your definition is indeed the most common one..
    Wonder why if people refer to 'the west' or 'western countries' (as in cold war terminology) they generally refer to NATO countries (i.e. including (western)europe).
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  20. #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    A quick google seems to indicate that your definition is indeed the most common one..
    Wonder why if people refer to 'the west' or 'western countries' (as in cold war terminology) they generally refer to NATO countries (i.e. including (western)europe).
    I think in that case, the East would be the (former) Eastern Bloc countries. Western Europe was democratic, while most of the Eastern European countries were under the Communist thumb. Just a guess...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

Posting Permissions