Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 165
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    The guy is a Republican...seems like you cant get rid of him anyway. Whatever
    I am an NPA so I don't care who is there as long as they listen to me.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I am an NPA so I don't care who is there as long as they listen to me.
    Well this guy is starting his 18th term...that's 36 years. I dont think he's listening
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Well this guy is starting his 18th term...that's 36 years. I dont think he's listening
    I just moved to the area. Not to mention I just started getting active recently.

    Try to have a little more couth.
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #44  
    If he does indeed support "private" accounts I will be sure to oppose him at the ballot box.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    It has everything to do with it. Wall Street wants your money, they want the fees associated with managing the money. This whole Social Security thing is a scam! Repeal just one-thrid of the tax cuts and Social Security "crisis" will be solved.
    I love this one. Wall Street, the evil investment empire wants our money.. cue the evil laughter. And this is of course worse than the Democrats want all of our tax dollars how?

    So I guess by your logic we should abolish all investment because Wall St is evil and just fork all the money over to the govt so it can dole it out as it sees fit?

    What do you have against people making their own choices?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  6. #46  
    nice point, woof
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I just moved to the area. Not to mention I just started getting active recently.

    Try to have a little more couth.
    Couth? Are you working on your Vegas comedy routine, or is it that it's just late and past your bedtime?
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Never said SS was a scam. The route that bush is taking is a scam. It is a bogus proposal and the american people are not behind it.

    As far as Clinton is concerned, I don't care what he said. We can fix SS by repealing JUST 1/3 of the Bush tax cut. Get rid of even more of that tax cut and we start to solve the deficit. Get rid of even more and slim up some of spending that Bush has been doing and we might solve Medicare while we are at it.
    Please share with us what makes you smarter than all of the people in govt and such that are looking at this so we can know how it is you have the answer. How did it come to you so easily and why hasnt anyone on the Dem side of the aisle offered your suggestion?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  9. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I love this one. Wall Street, the evil investment empire wants our money.. cue the evil laughter. And this is of course worse than the Democrats want all of our tax dollars how?

    So I guess by your logic we should abolish all investment because Wall St is evil and just fork all the money over to the govt so it can dole it out as it sees fit?

    What do you have against people making their own choices?
    Goodness you just came out of left field Never said they were evil. Just said it would be a huge winfall for Wall Street. Hence the reason all the donations to Bush from Wall Street.

    They are trying to sell you on being able to control your own money when in fact you won't be able to control any of it.
  10. #50  
    Couth, would you like spray or roll on? Or maybe the once a day suppository?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Goodness you just came out of left field Never said they were evil. Just said it would be a huge winfall for Wall Street. Hence the reason all the donations to Bush from Wall Street.

    They are trying to sell you on being able to control your own money when in fact you won't be able to control any of it.
    Oh so my stock guy isnt buying and selling what I tell him to? It looks like he is, but what your saying is he's making those decisions and making me think they are mine? Gosh maybe I should use Etrade
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    They are trying to sell you on being able to control your own money when in fact you won't be able to control any of it.
    Prove it!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  13. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Couth, would you like spray or roll on? Or maybe the once a day suppository?
    couth
    adj.
    Marked by or possessing a high degree of sophistication; refined: “Many picnics manage without this sophistication, but we like to be couth and feel that the delicacies of gracious living enhance the chances” (John Gould).

    n.
    Refinement; sophistication: “ClaireGrrl has no couth” (Los Angeles Times).
  14. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Prove it!
    Give me some time I will compile it for you.
  15. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Oh so my stock guy isnt buying and selling what I tell him to? It looks like he is, but what your saying is he's making those decisions and making me think they are mine? Gosh maybe I should use Etrade
    You are not going to have control over that account. Plus not to mention the first 3% of gains the goverment keeps.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    couth
    adj.
    Marked by or possessing a high degree of sophistication; refined: “Many picnics manage without this sophistication, but we like to be couth and feel that the delicacies of gracious living enhance the chances” (John Gould).

    n.
    Refinement; sophistication: “ClaireGrrl has no couth” (Los Angeles Times).
    You are just soo funny. Unfortunately you lack sophistication.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    You are not going to have control over that account. Plus not to mention the first 3% of gains the goverment keeps.
    You are wrong on the 3% The money would remain in the hands of the federal government, which would administer the personal accounts for a fee which the official said would be about 30 cents per year for every $100 invested.

    Not only are you unsophisticated, you seem to to pass off incorrect information as fact.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  18. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    You are just soo funny. Unfortunately you lack sophistication.
    Thanks
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Thanks
    And you are welcome for allowing me to correct you on your incorrect statement about the 3%
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Let's not look at just one but the whole picture, pattern if you will.
    Okay, securities industry and big business being bigger than education? That's a bet I'll take any day of the week.

    Anyway, the point was just because someone is at the top of the list doesn't mean they are buying favors. When you look at the other side of the aisle, this becomes obvious.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions