Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    The people that would have paid those taxes benefit from the cuts.
    I was asking who had benefited the MOST from these tax cuts.

It is the ultra rich who won the most with this tax cut.

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=145
    Last edited by NRG; 02/14/2005 at 11:19 PM.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    So by donating to kerry, they were what???...hedging their investments??
    Right
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I certainly dont see where the bogus sidetrack of Bush donors has anything to do with the question as to whether or not I should be allowed to contribute a small portion of my SS contribution into a completely optional personal investment account. If you are against that, dont participate.
    I don't really think you will have all that much control over where your money goes. The whole thing stinks. All it is, is Social Security except with financial management fees attached.

I think we need a Social Security system that reflects the realities of the 21st century, not the past. I really don't know if Bush's plan is right or not, and I know there are negatives associated with his plan. But all I here from the democrats is that they are against Bush's plan, period, no other ideas. The one thing I know for sure about SS is that the current plan is not acceptable. So in the absence of competing ideas, I only have one choice to choose from.
    Here is a couple of ideas: Repeal those tax cuts, remove the cap on people making more than $100,000 move it up to the $200,000 then cap it. Offer me some alternatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Right
    So what does that have to do with my SS account??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    I do not believe it is that far of a stretch, considering where bush is trying to push SS. If you think these contributions from major financial institutions were given out of the kindness of their hearts and they weren't expecting anything in return, then I don't know what to say.

As far as UofC is concerned, well it is California and it is professors and such. Not to mention that is the whole California university school system. A rather large group of wouldn't you think?
    I'll bet the securities industry is larger than UC.
    I was asking who had benefited the MOST from these tax cuts.

It is the ultra rich who won the most with this tax cut.
    And Claire's point was that they were the ones that would have paid the taxes. No one is being given money when taxes are reduced. Some are simply paying less than they were previously. That was the point. Nothing more.
    Offer me some alternatives.
    Not my job...and perhaps you should write your Congressman with your ideas. From what I can see, the democrats need to offer solutions, not just criticism. On issue after issue—and Social Security is one of the biggest—they’ve done nothing but attack. They’ve offered no solutions.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    So what does that have to do with my SS account??
    It has everything to do with it. Wall Street wants your money, they want the fees associated with managing the money. This whole Social Security thing is a scam! Repeal just one-thrid of the tax cuts and Social Security "crisis" will be solved.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Not my job...and perhaps you should write your Congressman with your ideas. From what I can see, the democrats need to offer solutions, not just criticism. On issue after issue—and Social Security is one of the biggest—they’ve done nothing but attack. They’ve offered no solutions.
    I have given many solutions right here in this thread. I also have met with some of Rep's staffers to offer some solutions.
    As far as UofC is concerned, well it is California and it is professors and such. Not to mention that is the whole California university school system. A rather large group of wouldn't you think?
    Yep, BofA has more employees than all of UC.

http://www.chi.org/home/directory.ph...&cid=59&mode=2
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=BAC
    It has everything to do with it. Wall Street wants your money, they want the fees associated with managing the money. This whole Social Security thing is a scam! Repeal just one-thrid of the tax cuts and Social Security "crisis" will be solved.
    Government is a scam. Your guys didnt think SS was a scam in 1999 when Clinton said it was in trouble and all his little parrots said "yes, trouble".
    I have given many solutions right here in this thread. I also have met with some of Rep's staffers to offer some solutions.
    The problem is that it seems like your Congressman has disregarded your input....sorry.
    "Repeal just one-thrid of the tax cuts and Social Security "crisis" will be solved. "

can you guarantee that this will solve it? offer this solution to your congressmen, let's see where this goes. but this is infinitely better than simply sitting around throwing darts at bush's plan. at least he has one.
    you know, you listen to charlie rengel go on and on the other day about what's wrong about the republican approach, but do you ever hear a better solution from him? NEVER. so why should anyone here think a democrat should take on such a responsibility? there's nothing here to go on with the dems. its just vitriole for any bush strategy. that's all you ever hear.
    people get behind constructive, inspiring action, they are repulsed at candidates who do nothing more than criticize. what's inspiring and motivating about that?
    if you want to take back the white house, show people you've got what it takes to take the reigns. I mean, any obnoxious fan can scream criticisms at the opposing team, and if that's all you want to do, that's why they use the term "fans". fanatics, not much else.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Government is a scam. Your guys didnt think SS was a scam in 1999 when Clinton said it was in trouble and all his little parrots said "yes, trouble".
    Never said SS was a scam. The route that bush is taking is a scam. It is a bogus proposal and the american people are not behind it.

As far as Clinton is concerned, I don't care what he said. We can fix SS by repealing JUST 1/3 of the Bush tax cut. Get rid of even more of that tax cut and we start to solve the deficit. Get rid of even more and slim up some of spending that Bush has been doing and we might solve Medicare while we are at it.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    The problem is that it seems like your Congressman has disregarded your input....sorry.
    So be it. If he disregards me, I will discard of him by leading a group to vote him out and put someone in that will listen to me. I'm sure he would like to go back to Washington.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    "Repeal just one-thrid of the tax cuts and Social Security "crisis" will be solved. "

can you guarantee that this will solve it? offer this solution to your congressmen, let's see where this goes. but this is infinitely better than simply sitting around throwing darts at bush's plan. at least he has one.
    you know, you listen to charlie rengel go on and on the other day about what's wrong about the republican approach, but do you ever hear a better solution from him? NEVER. so why should anyone here think a democrat should take on such a responsibility? there's nothing here to go on with the dems. its just vitriole for any bush strategy. that's all you ever hear.
    people get behind constructive, inspiring action, they are repulsed at candidates who do nothing more than criticize. what's inspiring and motivating about that?
    if you want to take back the white house, show people you've got what it takes to take the reigns. I mean, any obnoxious fan can scream criticisms at the opposing team, and if that's all you want to do, that's why they use the term "fans". fanatics, not much else.
    Treo you are right. But I think there have been many Dems. offering a solution.
    well, let's offer these considerations! the administration stated clearly that they don't care if the ideas come from a dem or repub, the subject is open for discussion!
    let's move forward in taking this problem on, as opposed to obstructing the progress.
    if the plan is bogus and the people aren't behind it, this should be presented tactfully to the administration with careful explanations as to why & how the alternatives could slim spending, solve ss as well as possibly medicare!
    make these ideas known! but attacking or ridiculing bush isn't going to make the admin. want to listen! I can promise that much!
    As far as Clinton is concerned, I don't care what he said. We can fix SS by repealing JUST 1/3 of the Bush tax cut. Get rid of even more of that tax cut and we start to solve the deficit. Get rid of even more and slim up some of spending that Bush has been doing and we might solve Medicare while we are at it.
    I dont think I can accept your assessment. Your own party doesnt even support that position. It appears that you dont believe that the tax cuts have spured the economy.

BTW...there have been no dems offering a solution.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Let's not look at just one but the whole picture, pattern if you will.
    So be it. If he disregards me, I will discard of him by leading a group to vote him out and put someone in that will listen to me. I'm sure he would like to go back to Washington.
    The guy is a Republican...seems like you cant get rid of him anyway. Whatever
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast