Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61
  1.    #1  
    ONLY GAYS WATCH OSCARS...

    ABORTION IN AMERICA IS 'BEAUTIFUL'

    Dude is normally funny, just strange he would slam the Oscars when he's supposed to host it in a few weeks. He certainly is not funny with the above quotes. Seems to me he's trying to get fired.
  2. #2  
    He said good luck finding a straight black man that watches the oscars. How is that out of line with what you'd expect from him?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    He said good luck finding a straight black man that watches the oscars. How is tat out of line with what you'd expect from him?
    I just don't think these two jokes are funny. Now why the Academy would choose him, I don't know. Guess they're sick of Billy Crystal and Whoopee (who simply isn't funny at all!). I only watch the highlights the following morning. Hollywood doesn't impress me, I certainly don't go to them for advice.
  4. Talldog's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #4  
    I think he's just trying to create some buzz, although he's making some of the stodgier Academy types nervous.
    Talldog
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Talldog
    I think he's just trying to create some buzz
    ding ding ding ding....we have a winner!

    His "colorful" language is no secret. His "irreverent" view on current topics is no secret. No hollywod producer could pretend not to know Chris Rock's shtick before inviting him.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    He said good luck finding a straight black man that watches the oscars.
    This is the TRUTH!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    ONLY GAYS WATCH OSCARS...

    ABORTION IN AMERICA IS 'BEAUTIFUL'

    Dude is normally funny, just strange he would slam the Oscars when he's supposed to host it in a few weeks. He certainly is not funny with the above quotes. Seems to me he's trying to get fired.
    The need a comedian that is funny, not a hateful one.
  8. #8  
    Chris Rock is one of the best comedians around these days. His movies are awful, but he always kicks *** doing standup or hosting something.. The lame ocscars are desperately in need of someone like him to liven it up a bit -- then maybe some straight people under 50 years old would actually watch it.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    The need a comedian that is funny, not a hateful one.
    Poor taste? yes
    politically incorrect? yes
    crude? yes
    rude? yes
    worth a 5-second delay? at least

    hate? howso?

    (EDITOR's note: This is in no way a defense of Chris Rock or his material
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    then maybe some straight people under 50 years old would actually watch it.
    Then again....maybe not!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Chris Rock is one of the best comedians around these days. His movies are awful, but he always kicks *** doing standup or hosting something.. The lame ocscars are desperately in need of someone like him to liven it up a bit -- then maybe some straight people under 50 years old would actually watch it.
    Chris Rock's act is old and redundant, what no Dave Chapelle ?

  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Poor taste? yes
    politically incorrect? yes
    crude? yes
    rude? yes
    worth a 5-second delay? at least

    hate? howso?

    (EDITOR's note: This is in no way a defense of Chris Rock or his material
    Yawn, should have retired already.
  13. #13  
    How about just Martin Lawrence dressed as Big Mamma
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Chris Rock's act is old and redundant, what no Dave Chapelle ?

    I spose you find Dave Chapelle unfunny too?

    Who do you like, Jeff Foxworthy? "Blue collar comics"? lol
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    How about just Martin Lawrence dressed as Big Mamma
    Yeah that humor last as long as Vicki Lawrence dressed as mama
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Yeah that humor last as long as Vicki Lawrence dressed as mama
    Somehow, I dont think its quite the same
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  17. #17  
    One thing that makes Chris Rock great is that he 'tells the truth.' Most people love him for that, but some people dislike him for that because 'they can't handle or don't want to hear the real truth about things.' So therefore some just dismiss him for being 'hateful.'
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  18.    #18  
    I don't dislike him, he's a comedian - he was trying to be funny with the "abortion is beautiful". I doubt he was trying to be hateful, just trying to be funny and it didn't work. I think he'll have a tough time being successful. He'll have the wrong audience. When a comedian has to rely on cussing and 'raw' material on live tv, he's in trouble. He'll run out of material quick.

    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    One thing that makes Chris Rock great is that he 'tells the truth.' Most people love him for that, but some people dislike him for that because 'they can't handle or don't want to hear the real truth about things.' So therefore some just dismiss him for being 'hateful.'
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I think he'll have a tough time being successful. He'll have the wrong audience. When a comedian has to rely on cussing and 'raw' material on live tv, he's in trouble. He'll run out of material quick.
    If you think he's only about cussing and raunchiness, you don't know that much about him. He's funny in any setting. Here's what Chris Rock has to say about his success:

    "I don't know a comedian that sells more seats than me in the red states and blue states, so I don't see where I have to change that much."

    "When I'm in West Palm Beach, Florida, there are old Jewish people at the show," he said. "When I'm in New Mexico, it's Mexicans. Wherever I'm at, the people show up."
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  20.    #20  
    Okay, you've convinced me.

    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    If you think he's only about cussing and raunchiness, you don't know that much about him. He's funny in any setting. Here's what Chris Rock has to say about his success:

    "I don't know a comedian that sells more seats than me in the red states and blue states, so I don't see where I have to change that much."

    "When I'm in West Palm Beach, Florida, there are old Jewish people at the show," he said. "When I'm in New Mexico, it's Mexicans. Wherever I'm at, the people show up."
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions