Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Sure Claire uh Gorilla... However I'm still working on mastering the technique of the 4 word, usually offtopic, often irrelevant, inane replies. Can you help?
    No...I think you have that down pretty well. Looking back through this thread, you've proven "you aint no Rhode scholar."
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  2.    #42  
    You two need to get a room!

Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    No...I think you have that down pretty well. Looking back through this thread, you've proven "you aint no Rhode scholar."
    He has cigarette breath
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    You two need to get a room!
    Sign me up! She's a fiesty one. I can whisper sweet nothings to her like "it's Rhodes, not Rhode scholar, baby."

"Where da white women at!?" - C. Rock
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    He has cigarette breath
    When has that ever stopped ya? badoom bah
    Sign me up! She's a fiesty one. I can whisper sweet nothings to her like "it's Rhodes, not Rhode scholar, baby."

"Where da white women at!?" - C. Rock
    I was referring to the fact that you certainly arent a scholar from Rhode Island
    You are correct, I am a scholar from NY Don't let the scary Howard Stern show avatar, foul language, and distorted views fool ya. I am a card carrying mensa member!
    I am a card carrying mensa member!
    OK Mensaboy... If two typists can type two pages in two minutes, how many typists will it take to type 18 pages in six minutes?
    6 hehe
    I thought you said Mensa. You didn't know what kind of typewriter they used.
    Whatcha think?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Whatcha think?
    I thought Rock was good. Got a feeling the Brass calmed him down a lil towards the middle and end but overall I enjoyed his dialogue.

Thought he was pretty creative going to "Magic Johnson's" theater speaking to the patrons about the Oscars and movies they had and had not seen.

As for the winners:

VERY VERY HAPPY Fox won!
    VERY HAPPY "Million Dollar Baby" Clint and Hillary won.
    VERY HAPPY Morgan Freedman won, tho I was a bit surprised.
    Was pulling for Scorsese but I don't think he personally got an Oscar.
    Thought "Aviator" should have gotten Best Pic Oscar.

Was "Sideways" any good?

Beyonce looked gorgeous and rocked that song in french!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Rock's monologue was okay -- he was way toned down overall though...

Couldn't care less about Million Dollar Baby, Sideways, and all the other movies they rave about, but no real people have ever seen (as seen in the Magic Johnson theatre skit)..

Beyonce -- what was it 3 different songs she sang? One in French? Awful!! Why isn't everyone sick of her by now? Antonio Banderas singing? uggggggggggggh........ The guy who sang his acceptance speech in Spanish? gag! Sean Penn's "comeback" comment to Rock about Jude Law -- embarrassing...

I was hoping it would be a lot better this year, but it was basically the same crap only slightly less gay because Rock gave it a *little* edginess..
    Come on Joe, Beyonce's got mega skills in my book!

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Come on Joe, Beyonce's got mega skills in my book!
    She's good, but getting crazy played out -- 3 different songs?? :P
    She's good, but getting crazy played out -- 3 different songs?? :P
    Lol, true!

17.    #57  
    I couldn't watch it last night, taped it on Comcast dvr. Will check it out tonight. I read about the Sean Penn incident. Sean has skin about a millimeter thick. He is a whack job.
    I read about the Sean Penn incident. Sean has skin about a millimeter thick. He is a whack job.
    True.. The "incident" really wasn't that big a deal. Rock was makin some jokes about how Jude law is like a no name and in every single new film out there "who is this guy?"...

When Penn was up later he was like "to our host, we Hollywood geniuses think Jude Law is a great actor and brilliant person, bla bla bla" like he invented the cure for freekin cancer or something. They're all so GD full of themselves.
  19.    #59  
    Love Sean Penn acting though. One of my favs is 'Bad Boys' with Sean Penn. Note to the youngins, not the recent 'Bad Boys'. This one was from the early 80's.
    Love Sean Penn acting though. One of my favs is 'Bad Boys' with Sean Penn. Note to the youngins, not the recent 'Bad Boys'. This one was from the early 80's.
    Sean Penn should move to france with johnny depp
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast