1.    #1  
    http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...8009266150B252

I think this pretty much speaks for itself.

I thought it is especially beautiful that they are calling it a 'non fraternization' policy, when it is aimed at stopping rape, pedophilia and forced prostitution.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...8009266150B252

I think this pretty much speaks for itself.

I thought it is especially beautiful that they are calling it a 'non fraternization' policy, when it is aimed at stopping rape, pedophilia and forced prostitution.
    Soldiers using sex to hurt other people, at whatever scale- it sends a bad message around the world, doesn't it?
    If this were US soldiers, O' the outcry you'd hear. But, since it's the Almighty UN, it'll get brushed aside.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Soldiers using sex to hurt other people, at whatever scale- it sends a bad message around the world, doesn't it?
    Then where is your outrage??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    what part of "bad" do you not understand?

at least I am not using words like beautiful to describe it?
    well, you certainly aren't condemning this behavior with the same vehemence that we saw you use when you criticized how terribly awful for the US to abuse prisoners in the abu ghraib situation!!!

this response was more like,, "oh yeah that's bad... " moving on.

well you've done your part in chastizing america in its instances of such cases, now I want to see you berate and chastize and condescend the UN in the very same manner, because like I said, if our "supreme critics" are going to hang scandal on US, and it turns out THEY ARE EVERY BIT AS GUILTY, well then that just about destroys any and all credibility for those...ahem... "critics", if you will. I regard those "critics" as more like enemies, frankly. where is their righteous superiority now? UN deserves a new name - UC - UNITED IN CORRUPTION. - they are full of bullsh3t.
    So I'm hearing that most people would rather not see a world organization as opposed to working on improving the UN?
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    well, you certainly aren't condemning this behavior with the same vehemence that we saw you use when you criticized how terribly awful for the US to abuse prisoners in the abu ghraib situation!!!

this response was more like,, "oh yeah that's bad... " moving on.

well you've done your part in chastizing america in its instances of such cases, now I want to see you berate and chastize and condescend the UN in the very same manner, because like I said, if our "supreme critics" are going to hang scandal on US, and it turns out THEY ARE EVERY BIT AS GUILTY, well then that just about destroys any and all credibility for those...ahem... "critics", if you will. I regard those "critics" as more like enemies, frankly. where is their righteous superiority now? UN deserves a new name - UC - UNITED IN CORRUPTION. - they are full of bullsh3t.
    Like I said this thing is bad, can you imagine if it were you mother and sister were the victims in this? It certainly makes one extremely angry just to consider this and we should see to it that it gets a thorough investigation and head should roll bigtime. I think it is good that it is brought up, I believe that constructive criticism and action upon it is a good thing. Unlike you, I support the UN, it certainly needs a lot of work, but I think it is worth it. It is a forum in which we can choose to run away from or show leadership, and I hope that we choose the latter.

Now getting back to what you are talking about with the US, If I believe we should not let a few low ranking troops take the heat for Abu Girab, it does not mean that I do not love our country or do not think it is the best country in the world any less than you do. If there is any insinuation towards this, I resent it immensely. I am certainly not the supreme critic, the enemy or every bit as guilty. It is because of my love for this country that I am saying these things, I want to see it get better.