Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 93
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    They pay a $hit load of taxes
    Good thing because we pay taxes for their huge burden on the health system...
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  2. #62  
    The Bible is being quoted here several times. The fundamental principle that guards the U.S. from prudent laws and regulations is the Constitution. Not the Bible.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    "Shall be put to death" means the same as "shall be killed" - that's quite a clear statement. But now you say this does not mean homosexuals shall be killed according to the bible - I am glad you say that. After all, the bible also says it is not allowed to kill. So from that I have to deduce that you do not think that all parts of the bible are literally true necessarily?
    Its sad that you dont see the difference between killing and "murder". A better translation for the Bible's prohibition "Do not kill", is "Do not murder". The Bible has plenty of cases where people are DESERVING of death, and in those cases, with proper trial, testimony, and proof, the Bible mandates their death penalty be served. However, man can not take it upon himself to "murder" another human, even one deserving of death, such as a homosexual. That would fit under the category of "Thou Shalt Not Murder", not the category of "They shall surely be put to death"(referring to homosexuals).
    Hope you see the difference, cuz it's sad how fast you jumped to the conclusion that because you in your infinite knowledge dont understand something, that therefore G-d's a liar or hypocrite.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Thanks for clarifying the bible.
    I agree. The bible as a source for a 21st-century discussion on morals and laws is outdated, at best.
    LOL!!!!!!!! I hope I dont even have to respond to that, as you just made a huge fool out of yourself! It's a shame that society has stooped to such a level that people in it can say things like you just said. Sorry!
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    The Bible is being quoted here several times. The fundamental principle that guards the U.S. from prudent laws and regulations is the Constitution. Not the Bible.
    Hmm.... Maybe it's a coincidence that they both say the same thing as far as homosexuals are concerned? Maybe our founding fathers had a little respect for the word of G-d when they set up the rules for our country, ever think of that? There's a reason they wanted us to follow it, we just stooped so morally low, that we cant even see the way out of the muck, and cant fathom why in the world they would want to not recognize gay marriage. Wake up and smell the coffee! Our founding fathers would be appalled to see the level we've stooped to!
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    Good thing because we pay taxes for their huge burden on the health system...
    You have no idea what that cost is. You think there are budget deficits now, imagine what it would be if the tobacco companies were not in business in the US and there were no state sales taxes collected. That number is way larger then whatever you think the so called "burden" against the health system could be. See...cigs are legal. Smoke that
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmedetsky
    LOL!!!!!!!! I hope I dont even have to respond to that, as you just made a huge fool out of yourself! It's a shame that society has stooped to such a level that people in it can say things like you just said. Sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmedetsky
    Hmm.... Maybe it's a coincidence that they both say the same thing as far as homosexuals are concerned? Maybe our founding fathers had a little respect for the word of G-d when they set up the rules for our country, ever think of that? There's a reason they wanted us to follow it, we just stooped so morally low, that we cant even see the way out of the muck, and cant fathom why in the world they would want to not recognize gay marriage. Wake up and smell the coffee! Our founding fathers would be appalled to see the level we've stooped to!
    I am not sure what passage in the Constitution you were reading. But fair enough. Let me just remind you that people are entitled to their opinion EVEN if they question the Bible. No one is making a "fool" of himself/herself for speaking out or voicing their opinion.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    You have no idea what that cost is. You think there are budget deficits now, imagine what it would be if the tobacco companies were not in business in the US and there were no state sales taxes collected. That number is way larger then whatever you think the so called "burden" against the health system could be. See...cigs are legal. Smoke that
    I don't know the precise cost, you are right. Many states have settled with the tobacco companies on billions of dollars many of it, if not most, to pay for health care costs related to tobacco. Regarding the tobacco companies well, this is capitalism and why would I criticize them for making money?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    why would I criticize them for making money?
    If you want something to criticize, why not bmedetsky's comment that homosexuals should be killed.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    The benefit to our nation is we have managed to treat a portion of the population fairly and equally.
    Why is "gay" considered a category by itself when it comes to categorizing portions of the population? Yes, they will be treated fairly, as all "humans" are, as all "men" and "women" are, as all "Americans" and "foreigners" are, as all "whites" and "blacks" are. Those are categories, cuz thats who they are Gayness is not who you are, but its something you happen to practice in your bedroom. Thats none of our business, and therefore we dont need to know it, dont want to know it, and you should keep it to yourself. We have no problem with what you do there. Just dont ask us to make a new category, cuz thats not who you are!!! If thats what you use to define yourdelf, its pretty sad. If I'm a proud father, a wonderful caring son, a doting husband, a successful lawyer, a local politician in the community, and I just on the side happen to love soccer, then it'd be pretty sad when i am asked to define myself in one word if I'd say "soccer", wouldnt it? THat would severely minimize the importance I place on everything else in my busy rewarding life, wouldnt it? Why do these people say they are 'gay"? Why arent they just regular people, Americans, Christians, husbands, fathers, or whatever, who "happen" to have an unnatural, but accepetable, like of other men? Fine, go ahead and explore your curiousity, but thats all it is, your sexual persuasion! Thats not an acceptable category of American society. Sorry!
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Smoke that
    I'd rather smoke a Cuban cigar, but that's me
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    If you want something to criticize, why not bmedetsky's comment that homosexuals should be killed.
    I didn't read that comment. I have to admit that I haven't read this whole thread.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmedetsky
    However, man can not take it upon himself to "murder" another human, even one deserving of death, such as a homosexual. That would fit under the category of "Thou Shalt Not Murder", not the category of "They shall surely be put to death"(referring to homosexuals).
    You are one sick dude!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    If you want something to criticize, why not bmedetsky's comment that homosexuals should be killed.
    Oh, honey, that wasnt my comment, in case no one told you. It's G-d's. Ever heard of him? He wrote a famous book. Or actually 5 to be precise. They were all on the best seller's list long ago. Not anymore thanks to people like I see here in this thread.
  15. #75  
    It's God not G-d u wacko
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    You are one sick dude!
    Again Im being accused by the same person for being sick when all i did was quote the Bible. These are not my lines, honey. Go read them yourself! Is it a surprise to you that the Bible calls for the death penalty for homosexuals?? Good morning!
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    If you want something to criticize, why not bmedetsky's comment that homosexuals should be killed.
    I agree with you clairegrrl 100%. It is a sad and totally inappropriate comment! Criticizing it would be too "good" for it.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmedetsky
    Oh, honey, that wasnt my comment, in case no one told you. It's G-d's. Ever heard of him? He wrote a famous book. Or actually 5 to be precise. They were all on the best seller's list long ago. Not anymore thanks to people like I see here in this thread.
    Dude u gotta be kidding.... heh
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmedetsky
    Again Im being accused by the same person for being sick when all i did was quote the Bible. These are not my lines, honey. Go read them yourself! Is it a surprise to you that the Bible calls for the death penalty for homosexuals?? Good morning!
    Instead of quoting the Bible PLEASE tell me what is YOUR opinion. And I am still waiting for the quote regarding what the Constitution has to say about gays/lesbians.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    Instead of quoting the Bible PLEASE tell me what is YOUR opinion.
    Go look thru this last page of quotes. Ive stated my opinion many times! The fact that its G-ds opinion too was only one of my arguments.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions