Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    I don't think he's trying to be funny with his avatar. I don't see the reference at all to Animal House, but it looks like he's trying to be 'tough'.

Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    straight out of animal house baby, with the hood draped over and a cigarette hanging out, wit becomes you.
    "all of these terrible awful things are happening in Canada and still the US dollar is declining compared to the Canadian dollar"

how's that for an academic response! the canadian dollar is holding its value terrifically! nobody owns homes up there, the homeless rate and unemployment rate is positively out of control, and the military may as well consist of jersey girls, liberal scandals and millions of dollars of money unaccounted for at the hands of liberals, but hell, at least their dollar stands up well, right?

lol. gotta love this way of thinking!!
    "um yea"

eloquent! grunts and clicks to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    "all of these terrible awful things are happening in Canada and still the US dollar is declining compared to the Canadian dollar"

how's that for an academic response! the canadian dollar is holding its value terrifically! nobody owns homes up there, the homeless rate and unemployment rate is positively out of control, and the military may as well consist of jersey girls, liberal scandals and millions of dollars of money unaccounted for at the hands of liberals, but hell, at least their dollar stands up well, right?

lol. gotta love this way of thinking!!
    Well it seems with such incompetance and unemployment, scandals, bad military, bad bad military, lets see what else, mooses sleeping with deers, anyway with all this, it is amazing that their dollar is doing so well. And what is wrong with Jersey girls by the way?

DaThomas - Your logic is a beautiful thing. I've enjoyed the read.

And if I might add...

If you're for seperation of Church and State as our Founding Fathers were, then you're an athiest or agnostic. LOL Pre tell this Catholic school girl, just what barometer would one use to measure the amount of each religion that should be allowed into the government? Are Jews, Christians, Wiccas, Muslims, J W, all included? And what verse from their scripture gets to become law so they don't feel left out? And on and on... Can you not see why it's best to leave it ALL OUT!!!

With regard to the original post - don't worry about it. This country needs to be knocked on its *** to wake up. Bush can do that with his eyes clothes. Just let him fuk it up real good, but protect yourself in the interim. Keep a close eye on the market and be ready to shift and pull. Diversify, diversify, diversify!!! Pundits more savvy than I are predicting a crash during the latter part of this regime. With Baby Boomers going into retirement and pulling out of the market (that's huge folks), the devaluing of the $ (major factor), outsourcing of jobs, slowed economy, high gas prices, outrageous deficit, slow job growth, interest rates reversing themselves soon!!!.... Folks the market can't handle this amount of negative volatility. You're going to have to think 20 steps ahead of Bush and take your wallet with you. The market loves a Democrat (14% growth), not a Republican. Ask Warren Buffet or Bill Gates whom they voted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I don't think he's trying to be funny with his avatar. I don't see the reference at all to Animal House, but it looks like he's trying to be 'tough'.
    You people are way to concerned with me and my avatar. Which, for some reason you both seem to think is actually me.. lol
    stockmarket, you pose an interesting prediction - potential market crash at the end of the four - year term..
    well, I hope the opposite occurs of course but we will see over time what develops in the financial space during the years to follow.
    I don't doubt the market will be unstable, I haven't liked what I've seen at all these past 2 years, so I've pulled my money from the market for a while to consider better investment alternatives.
    It will be interesting to see what happens on wall street in the near future. only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    All of these terrible awful things are happening in Canada and still the US dollar is declining compared to the Canadian dollar.
    Why Canada is so important.

Well behaved women rarely make history
    Don't include me in your spat with treobk214. I could care less about anyone's avatar, except of course the avatar of NRG's . If it's not you, is it your boyfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    You people are way to concerned with me and my avatar. Which, for some reason you both seem to think is actually me.. lol
    ...for some reason you both seem to think is actually me.. lol

Joe Bear...you mean that isnt you??
    I do wish your avatar was real!

Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    " me and my avatar. Which, for some reason you both seem to think is actually me.. lol"

hell, I could care less if that's you or not. the point is, who would chose THAT to be their avatar? especially someone who's going to make comments about what's "academic" or what's "witty" or not. hey you can have whatever avatar y
    Did all this avatar talk make you change yours? Much better than the old one..

ok sure 214
    Did all this avatar talk make you change yours? Much better than the old one..

ok sure 214
    I just changed it back...you like the "Real Me" better?
    much better!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...tid=6573&stc=1

could it be?.. nah... couldnt be.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by treobk214; 02/16/2005 at 10:31 PM.
    Dont even wanna go there...
    Dont even wanna go there...
    Where...Colorado??
    I'm 23 and glad to know I actually have a shot at seeing a social security check. With out even mentioning all the other good stuff Bush has done.