1.    #1  
    How many thought the Superbowl Halftime Show was booorrrrring? I liked it much better last year when we got to see a little tit action!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I really liked this year's. I can't stand ***** Janet Jackson & the teeny bopper Justin Timberlake from last year. Sounds like you're a youngin & like that music. I just wish he could of sang a couple more.
    Halftime is for going to the restroom and the liquor store for more beer.

My theory is any guy who watches the Super Bowl for the Halftime show, or the commercials for that matter needs to have his genitalia checked.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Bro, sounds like you got issues with your masculinity! Watching a halftime show ain't like putting on a pink dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Halftime is for going to the restroom and the liquor store for more beer.

My theory is any guy who watches the Super Bowl for the Halftime show, or the commercials for that matter needs to have his genitalia checked.
    Hehehe...I thought that would stir something up!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I think it was a thoroughly entertaining show. It wasn't high art, but it wasn't trash, either. McCartney is a great entertainer and he showed that.
    McCartney should just stay at the senior center....
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    McCartney should just stay at the senior center....
    Fox could've shown dead air for 20 minutes last night and it would've been more entertaining than the "halftime show".

Not to mention that when Sir Paul was first asked to perform during a football game, he asked who England was taking on, Germany or Brazil....

Both last year's and this year's will give everyone something to talk about for 6 months, except this time it will be "I hope the NFL doesn't make another mistake like McCartney again this year."
    Dullest half time "show" I've seen for years, I know the NFL was playing it safe but that was rediculous, speaking of which who decided that showing cheerleaders was too risky I saw one head shot and that was it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Both last year's and this year's will give everyone something to talk about for 6 months, except this time it will be "I hope the NFL doesn't make another mistake like McCartney again this year."
    Is Lawrence Welk still alive?? I guess it wouldnt make any difference.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Eh... everything is cyclical. If the NFL goes overboard with all this G-rated stuff, then eventually the superbowl half time show ratings will plunge into nothingness like it was a few decades ago. The NFL is no moral purveyer. The just wants to make money and keep their viewers tuned in like any other entertainment company. Once the current post-wardrobe malfunciton FCC climate subsides, I fully expect the poplular raunchy culture to creep back into the halftime show...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I was gonna flip it to something else or at least mute it but when I walked into the room and saw my 2 year old son dancing, I just couldn't. He enjoyed it and thats worth everything to me.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Is Lawrence Welk still alive?? I guess it wouldnt make any difference.
    I don't know, but unfortunately no, it wouldn't have made any difference.

The NFL and Fox didn't have any problem putting Ludacris, The Black Eyed Peas, or Alicia Keys on during the pre-game show, so they shouldn't have been that uptight about the halftime show.

And the fact that 3 relatively benign commercials, including 1 making fun of last year's fiasco, were banned is pretty troubling as well.

Besides, when except during the Super Bowl do we get commercials with crotch-biting animals?
    I thought the halftime show was more entertaining than the way the game ended to be sure.

I have no problem with McCartney. A lot more talent there than seeing Janet Jackson or Justin Timberlake. Aerosmith would've been cool the year before if they hadn't turned my stomach by jamming with Britney Spears and Timberlake(?) to Walk this Way.

They could've spiced McCartney up more though by letting the Eagles cheerleaders loose while Paul belt out Twist and Shout.

As far as the network and NFL playing it safe, how did they figure that commercial was safe where the girl's bra strap in that tight t-shirt with the Triple D's kept falling down while testifying?!?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I thought the halftime show was more entertaining than the way the game ended to be sure.
    Since you're an Eagles fan I'll cut you some slack, but don't kid yourself, the last 5 minutes of the game were really the only 5 minutes worth watching. It was a sloppy, ugly game. If the spread wouldn't have been so large I'd swear McNabb had money on the game.

That GoDaddy commercial, along with the first Budweiser commercial (skydiving), were the only 2 worth watching.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I am young (or young enough) and I loved sir McCartney! I suggest, treosixoo, that if your cerebral cortex requires “boobs” for desert that you’d be looking elsewhere, instead of on national TV and a football game. Gosh….
    Gosh…. Gosh…. Gosh…. Evidently you don't watch much football because if you did, you would know that 'boobs' and football go together like ice cream and cake. Look at many of the commercials on any NFL game and just about all you see is '1/2 naked chicks', so don't give me that line. I just thought that Sir Paul was as boring as boring could be. I'd much rather have last year's halftime show over this year's.

Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I think it was a thoroughly entertaining show. It wasn't high art, but it wasn't trash, either. McCartney is a great entertainer and he showed that.
    Please! That show was great for anyone 65 and over.

Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    The NFL and Fox didn't have any problem putting Ludacris, The Black Eyed Peas, or Alicia Keys on during the pre-game show, so they shouldn't have been that uptight about the halftime show.
    Since when did Black Eyed Peas & Alicia Keys become controversial and frightening to networks?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Since when did Black Eyed Peas & Alicia Keys become controversial and frightening to networks?
    That's not what I said...but probably about 30 seconds after Justin and Janet became controversial and frightening to networks.