1.    #1  
    I know, this is an accessory, but I'm making fun of it so it's here in OT. I had to share. It is ridiculous looking! Maybe I'll buy one if I want to take it scuba diving.

The Otter
    This thing looks ridiculous and is not even very usable. You can't even use it more than 1 meter underwater. What's the use.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    PalmOne's biggest FAILURE is to make the treo unworkable 100 feet under water! Sheesh! What happens when my boat sinks and I can't get a signal from the bottom of the ocean? What were they thinking?

This otterbox should be standard with all Treos.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Looks more like it should be called the "Litterbox"

"When the Treo is secured in the case, simply raise the impact resistant flip-up screen cover to easily access the Treo's keyboard, navigation keys, and screen through a thin fully sealed plastic membrane that protects the Treo."

You could put your Treo in a zip-lock bag and then wrap it in bubble wrap and get the same results for less money.
    Last edited by clairegrrl; 02/04/2005 at 03:07 PM.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    i have one of those for my main PDA- i use it out in the woods with a GPS and the otterbox is simply amazing- it floats in the water- so if i'm boating or drop it in a puddle, no problems. it's also almost crushproof. it was funny cause if you look at the compatibilty chart, it says phone functionality almost useless with the treo 600- i guess with a BT headset, the 650 fairs better.

however it is true- there are soft waterproof cases with clear fronts that do very well also- for about half the price.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  6.    #6  
    I thought you were going to say you use it in public! Thank goodness only the trees and leaves see you with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    i have one of those for my main PDA- i use it out in the woods with a GPS and the otterbox is simply amazing- it floats in the water- so if i'm boating or drop it in a puddle, no problems. it's also almost crushproof. it was funny cause if you look at the compatibilty chart, it says phone functionality almost useless with the treo 600- i guess with a BT headset, the 650 fairs better.

however it is true- there are soft waterproof cases with clear fronts that do very well also- for about half the price.
    This thing should be called "Treo Windows Brick Converter", because it looks like it turns the Treo into one of those huge Windows mobile devices.

I see this thing being useful in a boat though as stated above. I had to wade out to my friend's boat in Clearwater (he was picking me up on the beach) and there was no logical way I could bring my Treo out to it.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    ...there was no logical way I could bring my Treo out to it.
    How about "prison style"?
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    Ouch. I don't think I needed that much.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.