Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I'm a a proud Democrat and Liberal!!!!!!!! Here are my thoughts...Haliburton, Chimp President, Ahhhhhhhhhhh Rush Limbaugh is fat, Neocons, Ahhhhhhhhhh, stole the election, stupidest President ever, Ahhhhhhhhhh, where are the wmd's, Bush was behind 911, Ahhhhhhhhh, Bush is worse than Hitler, Bush cronies are thiefs, Republicans hate blacks, Republicans will steal Social Security, Ahhhhhhhhhhh, Rove is the devil, George W. Chist, Ahhhhhhhhh, Michael Moore is my President, Clinton having sex under the desk is nothing to Bush being a murderer, Annan is my President, Ahhhhhhhhh, I'm moving to Canada, USSA, Bush Lied = Troops Died, Iraq is the new Vietnam, Abu Ghraib scandal is worse than terrorist beheadings, 54% of USA are wrong, Ahhhhhhhhh, we'll win with Gore, we'll win with Dean, we'll win with Kerry....we'll win with Hillary. Ahhhhhhhhh help us France!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Easy now. The nice people will be here soon.
    Talldog
    Quote Originally Posted by Talldog
    Easy now. The nice people will be here soon.
    isn't that a line from "One flew over the cuckoo's nest"?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    isn't that a line from "One flew over the cuckoo's nest"?
    Love that movie!
    so advance, did you finally get your powerbook?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    so advance, did you finally get your powerbook?
    Not yet. I've got to verify that a Windows based program will work with Virtual PC. I verified one will work. I'm pretty excited. I am so sick of Windows spyware, build quality being so sh!tty with the Windows based laptops. I want it to be simple and from what I've read this is what people say about the Mac. I've verified that it will work fine with the Treo 650. I have decided to keep it small with a 12" Powerbook and I'll upgrade the memory from newegg.com to a 1.25 gb. You have one?
    Now is the perfect time Advance. They've just upped the processors to 1.5Ghz, so right now you can get the 12" 1.33 Ghz w/Superdrive for the same as a 14" iBook/Superdrive setup.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I love my iBook, 12", G4
    Have you used Virtual PC to run any Windows programs? I was originally looking at the iBook, but spoke with an Apple salesman and he talked me into the PowerBook. Imagine me going for more gadgets!
    I love my iBook, 12", G4
    They're cute aren't they? decisions, decisions...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Not yet. I've got to verify that a Windows based program will work with Virtual PC. I verified one will work. I'm pretty excited. I am so sick of Windows spyware, build quality being so sh!tty with the Windows based laptops. I want it to be simple and from what I've read this is what people say about the Mac. I've verified that it will work fine with the Treo 650. I have decided to keep it small with a 12" Powerbook and I'll upgrade the memory from newegg.com to a 1.25 gb. You have one?
    Yes, I have an older G4 titanium and I think it is great. The new powerbooks just got a processor upgrade and the price went down on them too, so it is a good time to buy. Unfortunately I do not have much experience with VPC, I have another PC in my lab which I use for windows only applications. The VPC slowness would make computation intensive applications like graphics programs a pain, but for less intensive programs it might just work ok.
  11.    #11  
    Finally a coherent and united voice on all liberals' behalf. Too witty…
    I had to do it. I am so exhausted arguing my conservative point of view. It seems the redundant list of items I mentioned is the only comebacks liberals can make, whether here or watching Dems on tv. I look forward to Iraq stabilizing, finding the main terrorists and getting our troops home. Hopefully then there will be less politics to talk about...but I doubt it!
  12.    #12  
    I have used Virtual PC sporadically but it slows down the laptop. Also, your Mac becomes vulnerable to viruses that attack Windows machine. And Billie Gatez now owns Virtual PC...yuck....
    Don't know why people hate Bill Gates, he's probably the biggest philanthropic in history (Gates Foundation). What's amazing is he's done this in 25 years!He's like America, the biggest and I guess and easy target.

Back to Apple...I wish Apple had all the software I used or I wouldn't get Virtual PC.
    You know I am a liberal with a capital “L” but I do appreciate humor when I see it: Kudos for that!
    Liberals don't normally appreciate humor?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    ARGGHHH!!!!! I thought I was going into another Liberal vs Conservative thread but found something even scarier: A Cult of Apple gathering. Apple is the maker of iPods - not computers! Apple might be great for multimedia but you could never manage 1,000's of them in a corporate environment. Apple just doesn't have those types of tools in their OS.

I'll proudly take the Intel 3.0 Ghz PIV - Windows XP SP2 machine I just bought from Dell over an Apple any day. I just don't want Windows on my phone.
    When "others" poke fun at us? I think not....
    Oh, I thought you meant in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    ARGGHHH!!!!! I thought I was going into another Liberal vs Conservative thread but found something even scarier: A Cult of Apple gathering. Apple is the maker of iPods - not computers! Apple might be great for multimedia but you could never manage 1,000's of them in a corporate environment. Apple just doesn't have those types of tools in their OS.

I'll proudly take the Intel 3.0 Ghz PIV - Windows XP SP2 machine I just bought from Dell over an Apple any day. I just don't want Windows on my phone.
    PC hardware is good. Nice and cheap (inexpensive, not poorly made). Windows, on the other hand... I run Linux on all my machines (except one - need Windows for poker, unfortunately - that's all that machine gets used for). I'd buy a Mac if they weren't so expensive (and I had any reason to get yet another computer). I have an iPod (for free! from freeipods.com, actually). I'm trying to get a free Mac Mini from the same people...

And I agree, I don't want Windows on my phone. Or OS X. Or Linux. PalmOS is the way to go there.

And how did this thread get so far off topic? I need to start spouting some of my liberal conspiracy theories...
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    And how did this thread get so far off topic? I need to start spouting some of my liberal conspiracy theories...
    I've been thinking of going Mac for a while now, just sick of the Windows bs problems. Please add to the liberal conspiracy theories, I love 'em! Did you hear that Bush has a personal checking account tied to Social Security?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C

OK, I get it, jokes about PC people are OK, but not PC computers.

It is a well known fact that historically Mac users have subscribed to a liberal agenda Those in the know however know that the PC is PC!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  20.    #20  
    I guess I'll be the only smart Mac user.

Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    It is a well known fact that historically Mac users have subscribed to a liberal agenda Those in the know however know that the PC is PC!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast