1.    #1  
    I hate Adobe's PDF reader. Before it lets me see the file I'm trying to view, it forces me to wait as it grabs control of my computer and goes through a painfully long initiation process.

Anyone know of a good free alternative that won't replace a long wait with useless ads?
    Hey Andrew! Wassup? Anyway, unfortunately I don't know if there is an alternative free solution to Adobe's reader... However, the best all around viewer has to be Resco (resco.com). It's desktop conversion and viewer are much better than Adobe's imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    I hate Adobe's PDF reader. Before it lets me see the file I'm trying to view, it forces me to wait as it grabs control of my computer and goes through a painfully long initiation process.

Anyone know of a good free alternative that won't replace a long wait with useless ads?
    Have look at Adobe-Reader Speedup, obtainable at :
    http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/

This sis the trick for me
    on the mac platform - preview- is free,easier and faster