1.    #1  
    Under intense pressure from the Bush administration to sell its controversial al-Jazeera network, the nation of Qatar stunned the television industry today by agreeing to sell the broadcast company to Rupert Murdoch’s Fox News Channel.

Television insiders were taken aback that the network whose motto is “We Report – You Decide,” would acquire a broadcast entity whose slogan is “Death to the Infidels.”

But according to Rupert Murdoch, owner of Fox parent company News Corporation, the merger was a natural because, in his words, “We took a look at their format and realized that it was almost identical to ours.”

“If we really roll up our sleeves and make this merger work, we may wind up with the fairest and most balanced network mankind has ever known,” Mr. Murdoch added.

The media mogul said that changes to al-Jazeera’s programming would be “minimal” at first: “We’ll be going through their news copy and every time they call President Bush ‘Satan,’ we’ll take out the words ‘President Bush’ and replace them with ‘Ted Kennedy.’”

But viewers can expect much bigger changes to come, as the channel plans to drop al-Jazeera’s most popular program, “This Week in Jihad,” in favor of a new show, “Hannity and Hussein.”

In the words of a Fox-Jazeera press release, “Hannity and Hussein” will be “a lively political discussion featuring Fox personality Sean Hannity, from the right, and deposed Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, from his prison cell.”

Elsewhere, after Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) fainted during a speaking appearance in Buffalo, Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass) wished her a slow and protracted recovery.

http://www.borowitzreport.com/archiv...rec=1058&srch=
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    you rock, clairegrrl.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    you rock, clairegrrl.
    You had me worried there ... did give me a good chuckle!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    You had me worried there ... did give me a good chuckle!
    You knew since there was no mention of the Simpson's.

ditto.....JC will be missed !
    That was HILARIOUS!!! Hannity and Hussein would be must see TV!!

Maybe Fox could have a reality show with the two of them, plus, Colmes, Newt Gingrich, Clulup, Clairegrrl, myself, Bin Laden and Cellmatrix. Anyone else want in? We also need a title.
    Last edited by Bob-C; 02/03/2005 at 01:36 PM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    "Last One Breathing"
    "Shark Tank Survivor"
    "Cannibal Cooking Show"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    That was HILARIOUS!!! Hannity and Hussein would be must see TV!!
    yeah anyone would be better than Colmes, he is such a lap-dog
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    yeah anyone would be better than Colmes, he is such a lap-dog
    Ever see a lap-dog dance??
    I think Alan Colmes bears an uncanny resemblence to a middle-aged Butthead.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I always thought he looked like a Halloween "Skull" mask
    Primetime lineup to include:

On the Record with al-Zarqawi
    Married: With Martyrs
    Mohammed In The Middle
    The Bin-Mac SHow
    My Big Fat Obnoxious Mullah
    Emir Of the Hill
    Islams Most Wanted Infidels
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    lol... you are right!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I kind of think of Alan Colmes as a hippie Crypt Keeper. I never thought of him as a lap dog though. He stands his ground and doesn't agree with Hannity very often. At the same time he never seems to get upset by any point of view different than his own. He had to be at the original Woodstock because every point of view is just "groovy" to him. It makes him a perfect foil to Hannity who flirts with a heart attack and physically assaulting anyone with a different point of view than his own. Those two guys are hilarious arguing with each other. I think it's a good show because it's the only one I know of that gives equal time to guys so far apart at opposite ends of the left and right. If your calling him a lap dog I'm guessing that your just objecting to him being on Fox News at all.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  15.    #15  
    Bobby...this may be hard to understand, but I think he means a lap-doog of the left. He's never met a liberal he hasnt agreed with. Just my opinion