Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OK, got that cleared up. Last thing I was saying was that the Abu Girab was not excusable, and later you are coming back to me with all of this what about this cellmatrix, what about that? and I thought you were talking about my last post on Abu Girab and refuting it or something. Thats where my last comment came from. Its my fault - I missed out on a lot of the interim discussion.

Anyway, I am glad we agree Abu Girab and prejudice against muslims in the US is inexcusable.
    and the anti-american hate propoganda, hate-christian, hate-jew propoganda that are being passed around in US mosques are ALSO INEXCUSABLE, cellmatrix.
    why won't you address THAT problem? you are quick to point out abuse of others in america, well why aren't you addressing evidence that its not americans passing out hate - signs, those attending mosques? doesn't that sound like nazi behavior to you?

but you don't bring that up? what happened to being fair to everybody, cell, including americans?
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    and the anti-american hate propoganda, hate-christian, hate-jew propoganda that are being passed around in US mosques are ALSO INEXCUSABLE, cellmatrix.
    why won't you address THAT problem? you are quick to point out abuse of others in america, well why aren't you addressing evidence that its not americans passing out hate - signs, those attending mosques? doesn't that sound like nazi behavior to you?

but you don't bring that up? what happened to being fair to everybody, cell, including americans?
    Lies or slanderous stereotyping which stir up hate against other countries or against other religions or cultures anywhere, like radical islamists are doing in arab countries is inexcusable and it is a major foreign policy and US security issue, no doubt about it! It is rightly at the top of our country's priorities.

My point in bringing up Abu Girab, is that when we screw up like this, we give ammunition for the radical islam hatemongers to recruit more people and it makes the problem worse. When people in the US bash muslims, this gets played on the news oversees and this gives ammunution to the radical islam recruits. I think there are many aspects of what we are doing foreign policy wise, which are making these hate mongers more powerful not less powerful.

So in summary, I think we agree that radical islam hatemongering is inexcusable and hurting us in a major way. We simply disagree in that you have faith in the Bush approach to stopping it, and I do not.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 01/29/2005 at 11:17 AM.
    time is the only way we can tell longterm if bush's approach will have been the correct one.

if most people in iraq believed as zarqawi did or bin laden, then wouldn't they simply vote zarqawi's name into the ballots to show their true nature of their hearts and minds?

why does zarqawi fear democracy? if so many of his people want him, why doesn't he simply stop the bloodshed and just run for office? then america couldn't do anything about it could they?

anyway I digress...
    as you have said, we both agree that abuse is not an option. but we disagree in what we feel is the best approach to bridging the gap between good relations between America and islam. like I said, only time will yield the answer to this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123