Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Then maybe she should've bored us with all her other political views which were irrelevant to the occassion: abortion, foreign aid, Tsunami relief, stem cell research, NAFTA, etc and we should still be listening to her.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    The majority of people across the nation, like Boxer, believe we were mislead about Iraq. Its obvious, look at the Harris poll:

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/har...ex.asp?PID=490
    That poll was from wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back in August! So much has changed since then that I consider that poll to be irrelevant and out of touch. That was from before the football season even started and here we are at the SuperBowl! From before Bush got re-elected, and back when people knew who John Kerry was (or whatever his name was). Ancient history, Grandpa. I'd have to build a time machine to find a use for that thing. Tell us again old man, about how we shouldn't have went to war with Nazi Germany since the December 7th Report could find no evidence it had anything to do with Pearl Harbor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    That poll was from wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back in August! So much has changed since then
    yes, now its wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more obvious we'll never find any WMD.

on an unrelated note: go EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 02/02/2005 at 06:43 PM.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Army Considers Extending Reserve
    The Washington Post

"The demand for troops is coupled with serious recruitment and retention problems, particularly in the Army Reserve and National Guard. In the first three months of fiscal year 2005, all of the reserve components except the Marines missed their recruiting objectives, according to testimony before the committee by David S.C. Chu, undersecretary of defense for personnel and readiness.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

The demand for troops is coupled with serious recruitment and retention problems, particularly in the Army Reserve and National Guard. In the first three months of fiscal year 2005, all of the reserve components except the Marines missed their recruiting objectives, according to testimony before the committee by David S.C. Chu, undersecretary of defense for personnel and readiness.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lt. Gen. Roger C. Schultz, chief of the Army National Guard, testified that recruiting for Guard forces for the first quarter of the fiscal year was 80.5 percent of the goal, and that 56 percent of the desired number of soldiers signed up in January. "We are facing, no question, daunting challenges," he said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the recruiting trends and the demand for forces persist, the Pentagon under current policies could eventually "run out" of reserve forces for war-zone rotations, a Government Accountability Office expert warned in a statement submitted for yesterday's hearing. Already, the Pentagon projects a need to keep more than 100,000 reservists continuously mobilized over the next three to five years. More than 412,000 Reserve and Guard members have been mobilized since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. "
    by the way it is amusing to hear WWII mentioned along with Iraq as if there was any comparable threat to the world or to the US
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    ah... I don't think ya get it,cell. I love how that one congressman claims elections were a fraud, too.
    listening to stuff like this, I don't think there's a damn thing to worry about in 2008 either, repubs!
    viva gop!
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Such frank discussion is encouraged in our society - but in the appropriate forum. Would you discuss the SuperBowl in the middle of a funeral? I would hope not. Similarly, the confirmation hearings are not for Ms. Boxer, or any other congressman, to be USED as a forum to express their own political opinions are about such issues. If every Congressman had done that, the hearings would've lasted for months. There are plenty of other outlets for expressing such opinions. Boxer could've given an interview to the Washington Post. Or I'm sure CNN would have granted her an interview on her own time for such discussion. There she could've attacked Rice all she wanted without actually wasting Rice's time and the time of every other Congressman who was there for the intended purpose of the hearing.
    If she was a part of the misleading, then her confirmation hearing for a job promotion is EXACTLY the forum to challenge her credentials and credibility. Democracy depends on these challenges, not rubber stamps.

alot of questions were asked to Clinton in a grand jury that would have better been asked in a CNN interview. or does your standard only apply to bush-loyal republicans???
    I get it allright. you resent someone exercising their legal right to free speech when you don.t like the message.

there are two sides to most issues Bush tells you one side only

http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/raw?dp=rssne...ck&rn=politics

I am glad we can hear both sides in our congress thank you barbara
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I get it allright. you resent someone exercising their legal right to free speech when you don.t like the message.

there are two sides to most issues Bush tells you one side only

http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/raw?dp=rssne...ck&rn=politics

I am glad we can hear both sides in our congress thank you barbara
    For the 18th time, the message wasn't resented. Just the inappropriate choosing of the occassion. Despite what you obviously think, a political argument is not appropriate for EVERY occassion and you don't need to make everything personal as Boxer seemed to do. You don't see Bush and Clinton strangling each other on Tsunami Relief commercials do you? If you won't listen to me then follow Bill's lead. But I can see you don't understand that so I hope you and your significant other have a fun time arguing your political viewpoints on Valentine's Day as well.
    A congressional hearing is the forum where a nominee's past activities are scrutinized. For any job applicant, you want to know whether they lied or misled anyone in a previous employment. I will not belabor the point further.

Thanks for the holiday greetings, the best for you and yours as well.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 02/03/2005 at 01:48 PM.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567