Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    My Flordia State University "Chief Osecola" avatar? This has already discussed at length many years ago. The Seminole tribe of Florida seems to have no problem with it. So neither should you.
    As an FSU graduate, donor and Seminole Football Season Ticket Holder, your views are a disgrace to my university.

Take that avatar off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    As an FSU graduate, donor and Seminole Football Season Ticket Holder, your views are a disgrace to my university.

Take that avatar off!
    Hey NRG...enuff said!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    NRG, do you by chance, see any black helicopters following you? Seriously, the draft is not coming anytime soon.
    Sure dismiss as conspiracy, but, did you read that website at all? Did you read the letters and who signs them? Obviously not, here is the link from earlier PNAC . I suggest that you read it. Then come back and say these people at the PNAC are not crafting our foreign policy.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts

Take that avatar off!
    Why are my views such a disgrace?
    Why are my views such a disgrace?
    Because they are so clouded and inaccurate. Take off my avatar!
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Seminole Tribe chairman stands with FSU Seminoles

"We (the Seminole Tribe of Florida) don't have anything against it," Cypress said. "There are two sets of Seminoles. The ones who do not accept Florida State using 'Seminoles' is the Oklahoma Nation.

"We could give tribal members tangible items that could possibly one day be taken away from them," he said. "But Florida State can give education to our people and that is something that no one can take away.

"One of the things that Florida State University gives us is a sense of pride. FSU could have chosen anyone else to portray and use as its mascot. We are proud that a university as prestigious as Florida State decided to use us. And it was a great decision because we are called the unconquered Seminoles. We are the only tribe that never signed a treaty with the United States government."

Cypress went on to praise FSU for "rolling out the red carpet" for tribal high school graduates who attend, and for the university's sensitivity in seeking guidance from the tribe's cultural department so any Seminole symbolism will be portrayed accurately.

Rest of story here
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Because they are so clouded and inaccurate. Take off my avatar!
    These are facts!! If you have something of an opposing view, please, by all means post a link to it and debunk these "clouded" views.

Now about the avatar. I went to school there as well. So the way I see it is OUR mascot and as such I will keep it, with pride.
    Release Date: 01/30/2005
    By: Billy Cypress, The Seminole Tribe of Florida, Bobby Bowden, Head Football Coach and Advance The Man, Greatest Seminole Fan
    Re: Unauthorized usage of Seminole logo

NRG,

The Seminole logo shall not be utilized (i.e. avatars) by inconsequential graduates that have views that are idiotic and conspiracy laden.

Thank you,
    Billy Cypress, Bobby Bowden and Advance The Man

Seminole Tribe chairman stands with FSU Seminoles

"We (the Seminole Tribe of Florida) don't have anything against it," Cypress said. "There are two sets of Seminoles. The ones who do not accept Florida State using 'Seminoles' is the Oklahoma Nation.

"We could give tribal members tangible items that could possibly one day be taken away from them," he said. "But Florida State can give education to our people and that is something that no one can take away.

"One of the things that Florida State University gives us is a sense of pride. FSU could have chosen anyone else to portray and use as its mascot. We are proud that a university as prestigious as Florida State decided to use us. And it was a great decision because we are called the unconquered Seminoles. We are the only tribe that never signed a treaty with the United States government."

Cypress went on to praise FSU for "rolling out the red carpet" for tribal high school graduates who attend, and for the university's sensitivity in seeking guidance from the tribe's cultural department so any Seminole symbolism will be portrayed accurately.

Rest of story here
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Debunk the views that I have? Prove them wrong with facts please.

Look we have a difference. So be it.
    You are a typical liberal that Google searches for conspiracy theories and has an email subscription to michaelmoore.com. You don't have your own thoughts, you rely on websites for fodder.

Regarding the avatar, believe me Billy Cypress and Bobby Bowden would agree with me. Now remove my avatar!

These are facts!! If you have something of an opposing view, please, by all means post a link to it and debunk these "clouded" views.

Now about the avatar. I went to school there as well. So the way I see it is OUR mascot and as such I will keep it, with pride.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    You are a typical liberal that Google searches for conspiracy theories and has an email subscription to michaelmoore.com. You don't have your own thoughts, you rely on websites for fodder.
    Ah, I see since I don't subscribe to your thoughts, mine are wrong? Prove my thoughts wrong ATM. Please post something of substance.

Regarding the avatar, believe me Billy Cypress and Bobby Bowden would agree with me. Now remove my avatar!
    No
    Sure dismiss as conspiracy, but, did you read that website at all? Did you read the letters and who signs them? Obviously not, here is the link from earlier PNAC . I suggest that you read it. Then come back and say these people at the PNAC are not crafting our foreign policy.
    Spare me. I don't need you to link me to a site. I'm quite aware of PNAC, the Wolfowitz Plan, as well as Cato, Brookings, Heritage, CFR, Tri-lateralists, Bilderbergers, Bohemien Grove, Skull and Bones, and any number of other "think-tanks", and conspiratorial fringe groups Left and Right.

Crap, how do wake up in the morning living in such paranoia?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Since I have a feeling you haven't gone to PNAC's website I borught the names to you.

Jeb Bush (A run for Pres. in 2008?)
    **** Cheney (Admin)
    Eliot A. Cohen (Defense Policy Board)
    Donald Kagan
    I.Lewis Libby (Admin)
    Donald Rumsfeld (Admin)
    Paul Wolfowitz (Admin)
    Richard L. Armitage (Admin)
    Richard Perle (Admin)
    Caspar Weinberger
    Max Boot
    Thomas Donnelly
    Connie Mack
    Douglas Feith (Admin)

These are just a few of the names from the PNAC. Can't tell me PNAC does not have influence in this administration.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Spare me. I don't need you to link me to a site. I'm quite aware of PNAC, the Wolfowitz Plan, as well as Cato, Brookings, Heritage, CFR, Tri-lateralists, Bilderbergers, Bohemien Grove, Skull and Bones, and any number of other "think-tanks", and conspiratorial fringe groups Left and Right.

Crap, how do wake up in the morning living in such paranoia?
    It is not paranoia. Just being aware of one's surroundings.
    Perhaps, I didn't expound on it, but I have been to the site, and have been well aware of them, long, long before Treocentral. I'm very well aware of the Clinton letter you pasted. So please stop assuming what I have or have not done.

The draft is simply not going to happen. I am ex-military, and I'm telling you this from a military perspective, it is not wanted. When you put people in a situation they don't want to be in, you have problems. This was a major factor in Vietnam. It is bad enough on morale just to force someone to join the military, and to give them a rifle and put them into harms way is all but asking for trouble.

It would also be political suicide, unless under the most extreme conditions to pass such law.

Apparently you've worked yourself into a conspiratorial frenzy, but just try and think that through.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Perhaps, I didn't expound on it, but I have been to the site, and have been well aware of them, long, long before Treocentral. I'm very well aware of the Clinton letter you pasted. So please stop assuming what I have or have not done.
    Sorry about that confusion. About being to the website, that was directed at ATM. I assumed you had been there, your previous post had some keys in it.

The draft is simply not going to happen. I am ex-military, and I'm telling you this from a military perspective, it is not wanted. When you put people in a situation they don't want to be in, you have problems. This was a major factor in Vietnam. It is bad enough on morale just to force someone to join the military, and to give them a rifle and put them into harms way is all but asking for trouble.
    I agree, a forced military is most certainly an unhappy one. But, what if Iran does not do as we ask about their nuclear? Will Bush treat them the same way as they did Iraq? Iran is no pushover as far as military might is concerned. Where will they get the troops to cover it?

It would also be political suicide, unless under the most extreme conditions to pass such law.
    Whose political career are we talking about, Bush's? He is done with politics after these 4 years.

Apparently you've worked yourself into a conspiratorial frenzy, but just try and think that through.
    Maybe I have. But what PNAC wants, PNAC gets.
    Sorry about that confusion. About being to the website, that was directed at ATM. I assumed you had been there, your previous post had some keys in it.
    Totally understandable. So many people jump, it gets a bit hard at times trying to figure who is responding to who.
    I agree, a forced military is most certainly an unhappy one. But, what if Iran does not do as we ask about their nuclear? Will Bush treat them the same way as they did Iraq? Iran is no pushover as far as military might is concerned. Where will they get the troops to cover it?
    Very good point. I think there seems to be more consensus with World opinion in regards to Iran. Economic santions would probably be the first step, although as we saw with Husseins regime, the ruling class never suffers, only the citizens. Should push come to shove, I can see Israel, for better or worse taking an active role.

I'll credit you though, I may disagree with some (maybe most) of your views, but you are correct in the younger Iranians yearning for democracy and a relationship with the West. As well as your statement regarding the birth of Islamic Terrorism begining with the Iranian Revolution and the seizing of our Embassy.
    Whose political career are we talking about, Bush's? He is done with politics after these 4 years.
    He may be done, but the GOP still wants to continue.
    Maybe I have. But what PNAC wants, PNAC gets.
    Well, every President has someone whispering in their ear, however I don't think everything that is whispered comes to fruition, no matter the President.

18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Well, every President has someone whispering in their ear, however I don't think everything that is whispered comes to fruition, no matter the President.
    These aren't just people whispering in his ear. These are people that are the administration.

Different views is why we have different political parties. Now comes the hard part waiting to see who was right in the long run.
  19.    #79  
    nrg, it sounds like you have an over-active conspiracy paranoia thing going on here. what scares me isn't this so-called "think-tank" , but rather the extremes people will go to in order to throw together conspiracy issues.
    watching a little too many x-files shows I think.
    look its one thing to make points, but to come up with these irrational paranoid schemes really takes away from your arguments.

you seem to only be receptive to propoganda about drafts, and choose to completely ignore facts which confirm that the draft isn't coming back.
    you can continue thinking this way if you choose - that's your perogative. but I think you need to step away from the draft conspiracy theories for a while. purely speculation rooted solely in fear, not fact.
    These aren't just people whispering in his ear. These are people that are the administration.
    Yes, quite a few are. However, I tend to have more faith I guess. Like I said, we can go through the list of advisors and Cabinet members of any administration and find things we agree or disagree with. The country endures.
    Different views is why we have different political parties. Now comes the hard part waiting to see who was right in the long run.
    Yes indeed. We can call each other extermists, paranoid, but at least we're able to have differing views. Imaging living under Stalin or preset day Castro.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast