Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    I love the "DownloadThemAll" extension.... Can batch download all or selected target files (pics movies zips whatever) linked from a webpage..
    Okay, I collect aviation photos. Let's say I am on a website that displays a group of 15 photos and I want to save them all. It's not 15 links or thumbnails, but the actual full-size photos. And if I visit multiple pages with the same layout, can I elect to save the images into different directories? I would want the functionality as these would normally be different aircraft types on the various websites, and I don't want to mix them.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    If you use a RSS reader that uses IE's engine (Sharpreader in my example) can you force it to use Gecko or do you still have all the nasty "security issues" despite changing your normal browser to FF?
    No idea, but FF has some kind of built in RSS reading (that I've never used)

Jkoons, yeah, it can do some of that stuff, (really not positive -- i dont use it in that way) If not there are several other download manager extensions..
    i moved to ff at home and at work. the only think i miss from ie, is the option to send a page via email.

i know, i knoe, what am i doing sending html?

i ride the subway everyday, for two hours. I need stuff to do, so i send web pages to my treo to read later. If the site offers it, i send the "print" version.

for now, i switch to the print version and cut and paste it to my email program.

oh, and so far ff doesnt like citibank's virtual account program or sign in site.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Get the "ieview" extension for the funky websites that only work on IE..... Just right click the link and select "launch in IE"

My bank didn't work when I first started using FF, but after a month or two it did.. Guess they were getting complaints, or decided to write proper cross-browser HTML code.
  6.    #66  
    Lots of info here people. Thanks a lot!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    Get the "ieview" extension for the funky websites that only work on IE..... Just right click the link and select "launch in IE"

My bank didn't work when I first started using FF, but after a month or two it did.. Guess they were getting complaints, or decided to write proper cross-browser HTML code.
    is there an ieview for ff 1?
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    is there an ieview for ff 1?
    Here you go:

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/ex...numpg=10&id=35
    OK, have you tried active bookmarks? Take an RSS feed like Yahoo News:

http://news.yahoo.com/

Down in the lower right corner will be a Symbol, mine is a blue ribbon because of the Noia theme. Click on that symbol and "Subscribe to RSS"

Now check your bookmarks. There will be a yahoo news bookmark that expands. Most of my bookmarks are these and I love them.

Enjoy,

Derek
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz

when was that released? it wasnt there 2 weeks ago.
    Felipe
    Release date is on that page... Nov. 17 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Release date is on that page... Nov. 17 2004

and if u read the comment of dec 24, you would see that the version for 1 wasn't available in nov.

Great extension by Johan

December 24, 2004 10:55am

I think this is a great extension. Sometimes unfortunately I need it. Too bad it is not (yet) available for 1.0
    like i said, this wasnt available 2 weeks ago.

Felipe
    Extensions I use:
    BBCode
    BugMeNot
    EditCSS
    FireFTP
    Gmail Notifier
    Live HTTP Headers
    MozCC
    Search Status
    TabMix
    Web Developer
    WebMail Compose

They can all be found at http://extensionroom.mozdev.org except GMail Notifier which is at http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/doron...es/007017.html

Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Is there a way to do a search in the Sidebar?
    I have tried both and yes TBird is a good mailer, though it does not import mail from Mozilla, so that's my problem with a complete move. One package is what I am looking for. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Use mozilla thunderbird and you can get what you need for mail integration with FF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I have tried both and yes TBird is a good mailer, though it does not import mail from Mozilla, so that's my problem with a complete move. One package is what I am looking for. Ben
    If you are using IMAP you dont really need to be able to import do you? Guess maybe youre not using it?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe

and if u read the comment of dec 24, you would see that the version for 1 wasn't available in nov.

like i said, this wasnt available 2 weeks ago.

There was never a time that my ieview didn't work and I upgraded to FF1 when it came out. So either the old version worked with FF1.0, or there was an updated ievew released around the time FF1.0 was.
    Another endorsement for the mozilla products:

I've used Firefox for more than two years now (I was a very early adoptr), on windows and mac. I love it, I love it, I love it. (for me) it's been faster, more secure, and more robust then any other browser.

I also use thunderbird as my main mail client on OS X because it has excellent support for IMAP.

Both programs are very stable, and have nicely done interfaces and controls. They're fun to use, and make my life more productive.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    They're fun to use, and make my life more productive.
    *This endorsement paid for by The Mozilla Foundation and GetFirefox.com.

hehe. sorry, it just sounded funny
    FWIW, I downloaded thunderbird to my home PC to use as an email client there. I write maybe 2 e-mails a week from home (mostly from my Treo), and needed something to save my email. It's okay. I just need to figure out how to import my address book (I tried exporting it from Yahoo! but that didn't work too smoothly).
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast