Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Ooops. Where's bigredpk's avatar?
    Ironically yes, I won the bet even though my team lost . I was so depressed I was gonna let Big Red slide on that bet. But now that they given me my shoe laces back and let me out on the street again I am feeling much better and thinking quite differently. Just because The Birds lost doesn't mean I should feel guilty winning. And I should honor the great effort TO made to bring it home for the fans on an injured ankle. As TO said, no way was the guy gonna be a decoy.

So I've attached the Eagles gif that I am choosing Big Red use for the rest February. It harkens back to better memories from the Eagles season. I can't wait to get some payback on New England next year in "Supa Bawl Farty - It's gonna be wicked awesome".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bob-C; 02/09/2005 at 04:25 PM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Priceless
    It's alll good...

Here a pic taken with my Treo at the Pat Parade...
    Teddy B!!!

As for next year... you Eagles fan are really starting to sound like RedSox fans two years ago...

Timmay
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Oh, I wish all the bets I lost could be so good! i.e. my team winning Super Bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    It's alll good...

Here a pic taken with my Treo at the Pat Parade...
    Teddy B!!!

As for next year... you Eagles fan are really starting to sound like RedSox fans two years ago...

Timmay
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Oh, I wish all the bets I lost could be so good! i.e. my team winning Super Bowl!
    You said it Man!
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Oh This bet is over... welcome back Ted Williams!!

GO SOX!
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Yee haw. In the most recent Fortune, there is this quote: "If the idea of maturity is unsettling to Dell, it could be because he himself just hit the big four-oh. But there has to be consolation in what he has accomplished in his time. His company has run through the competition like some kind of sports team from Boston. " I love it.
    Your starting to ALMOST make me want to root for the Yankees!
  10.    #170  
    Think the Eagles will make it back to "The Bowl" next year?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Oh goody. I love it when I see this thread pop up on the newest posts list. :-) Now if someone will remind me of the world series and ALCS, I'll be happy for a week.
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Oh goody. I love it when I see this thread pop up on the newest posts list. :-) Now if someone will remind me of the world series and ALCS, I'll be happy for a week.
    Esp. the ALCS, I love seeing the Yankees lose!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I do think the Eagles will make it back to the 'Bowl next year. Signing Trot was key and they got it done. Bringing back Adams and Hugh will also be big factors. Hugh was injured most of the season and we didn't see his best last year. Hopefully he'll be back up to snuff this year. Adams looked like a stud LB in the playoffs. With another year of experience from the two young studs the Eagles have at corner, the defense could get even tighter next year.

I haven't seen any of the other NFC teams do anything that catches them up to the Eagles and we've got 5 picks in the first 3 rounds of the draft. I can't wait to see what the Eagles do in the draft. And I already can't wait until baseball season is over.
    I watched a bit of Game 4 of the World Series again last night. PVRs rule.

I think this may be the end of the line for the Pats. They are losing so much talent, and you can only pull needles from the hay for so long. Troy, Ty, Teddy...
    The only one that will hurt out those 3 will be Bruschi. I got the feeling they were just trying to find stuff for Troy Brown to do over the last year because they liked him. He'd been replaced at WR and I think the Pats passing game might even improve by making Branch and Givens the uncontested starters. Losing Patten will hurt for depth but they should be ok. As for Ty Law, he is one of the greatest corners ever but they won the SuperBowl without him. Not to sound like FraudEx, but even though I don't know remember who the starters at corner were - they proved that they don't need Law. But Brushci - that's a big ??? as to who will replace that guy at LB. That's a big loss. We were praying they didn't go after Trotter.

I think the loss of the Pats coaching staff will hurt them more than anything this year. It got picked clean.

BTW, the Eagles open on MNF again in Atlanta. Ever notice that when the Eagles get scheduled for MNF - more often than not it is on the road? I get the suspicion feeling that Philly fans worry the league.
    I don't think they were just finding stuff for Troy Brown to do. If that were the case, they would have let him go, just like they did Lawyer Milloy. Besides, he led the team in interceptions (tie). I'm sure they liked him because he played all those positions when he was needed, not the other way around.

I admit, though, that I want to keep him around because I like him. He's a great player and a great guy. No showboating, always humble, and he has three rings to show for it. I'll miss him.

Hey Troy! Come to Houston! We need both receivers and D Backs! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I don't think they were just finding stuff for Troy Brown to do. If that were the case, they would have let him go, just like they did Lawyer Milloy.
    But they did let him go just like Lawyer Milloy. That's why he's a free agent now! Don't get me wrong. I like Troy Brown too. But the Pat's mindset last year was that his skills had faded at WR and that there was no room for him to play there so what can we do with him? They were hurt at DB and just threw him there to help the team in some way. Now they're like, hey thanks for helping out at DB last year but we don't want to pay a guy that can't start at WR anymore and we only put at DB to give something to do. See ya!
  18.    #178  
    The Draft is quickly approaching. What are your thoughts?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    But they did let him go just like Lawyer Milloy. That's why he's a free agent now!
    Nah, they let Milloy go 3 days or so before the start of the season. If they knew Troy Brown wasn't up to par, they would have done that. I think the story we've heard is genuine.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    The Draft is quickly approaching. What are your thoughts?
    All I know is the Eagles have 13 picks but don't have 13 roster spots. Thee will be some kind of trade. Probably will trade for higher picks in next year's draft.

Pretty funny Mariano got knocked by the Sox two more times this week. I kept telling my Yankees fan girlfriend last year that they owned that guy. No denying it now.
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast