Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    My heart goes out to my fellow Eagles fans. Another hearbreaking loss for us. This one really hurts me. It just burns me up that McNabb and Reid can't figure out how to run a 2 min offense after all these years. Taking your time huddling while down by 10 with minutes left in the game? Unbelievable. We saw it just a few weeks ago at the end of the half costing them a FG against the Vikings. But this wasn't the Vikes we were playing against tonight and I tell people over and over you can't do those types of things if you want to beat the best. If they had managed the clock right there should've be at least another 2 mins left when the Birds scored at the end. But there wasn't and the Pats win 3 SB's by a total of 9 points. Wow. Congrats to them. We couldn't stop their running game, get to Brady and had trouble picking up their blitz. They are truly one of the all time great teams.

As for TO, he is a warrior. Decoy my ***. He had 9 catches for 122 yards on that ankle. The only thing I don't understand is that with the way he was dominating, why Reid didn't call his number deep even once. But instead insisted on sending Westbrook into the machine gun nest on the left side of the line over and over again. Andy is a great coach but he sometimes gets brain freezes in big games. It feels like he and McNabb sabotaged us at the end with the clock management. That's why this loss is so hard to swallow. I feel like the Eagles should not have even had to kick onside kick at the end if they had managed the clock right. Then played defense and had enough time left to tie the game. Oh well.

It hurts Philly fans but take some condolence in knowing this team is in position to take runs at this for years to come. Two young studs at CB. Dawk, McNAbb, TO and Kearse under contract for a long time. Young stud OL Shawn Andrews coming back next year. Burgess coming into his own and much more to come from LJ Smith. And best of all that ***** Freddie Mitchell will be gone. There's no such thing as a curse and the Eagles will get this thing eventually.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Pats vs Eagles turned out to be very good. Once Pats started to fire on all cylinders it was over. Next year for the Eagles!
    Hats off for TO what a game he had in a loosing cause
    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FOOTBALL
    New England 24
    Philadelphia 21
    Final

oh man... my heart also goes to the eagles, seeing how the pats just ripped out yous. TO is one hellofa player... never thought I would see him play that well.

Timmay!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Enough of this...Spring training starts in 10 Days, 15 hours, 5 minutes and 5 seconds
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Though I still think TO is a punk and I really dislike him, I have to say he is one tough SOB. First he GOT UP AND WALKED off the field when he busted his ankle and now he's playing in the Superbowl. I hope this teaches him some humility, but I know it won't. Nevertheless, a heck of a performance.
    I don't want to call him a "warrior." I think doing so degrades the acts of people truly put their lives on the line on the battlefield. I'll only say he really is a tough man, and I respect him for that. I disrespect him for his attitude and actions, though.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    aside from the lack of a 2 minute offense, where were the refs. i lost count of how many pass interferences the pats made. if the refs were going to call anything they should have called them all.
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Enough of this...Spring training starts in 10 Days, 15 hours, 5 minutes and 5 seconds
    I like the way you think!!!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by sjuffe
    aside from the lack of a 2 minute offense, where were the refs. i lost count of how many pass interferences the pats made. if the refs were going to call anything they should have called them all.
    Oh goodness. Don't become the Colts.

go pats
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Don't worry. He'll play, he'll score, and they'll win. If they don't they should throw Freddie off the plane on the way home.
    Maybe they should give him the old heave ho. Harrison caught more balls from McNabb than did Mitchell.

go pats
    Damn.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  12.    #152  
    Another year, another disappointing finish!

What pisses me off is that we beat ourselves. No team can turn the ball over that many times and expect to win.

What was up with the time management?

One good thing though, Freddie Mitchell has probably seen his last game as an Eagle.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  13.    #153  
    Damn, No Parade!!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Damn, No Parade!!!
    Hop in your car. You can be in Boston by the time it starts.

go pats
    As that ad said, now everyone's undefeated again.
    Where is Bob-C's new avatar?
  17.    #157  
    Hop in your car. You can be in Boston by the time it starts.

go pats
    lol... That's a good one.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Where is Bob-C's new avatar?
    Yea Bob-C, a bet is a bet.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Didn't Bob-C win the bet? The bet was the Eagles would complete more passes to TO than to the Patriots, and although Harrison beat out Mitchell in this regard, as far as the bet goes, Bob-C won.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=90
    http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/...0050206_NE@PHI
    Appears you're right. Here's the quote from bigred.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    That sounds like a fair bet... your on

Didn't Bob-C win the bet? The bet was the Eagles would complete more passes to TO than to the Patriots, and although Harrison beat out Mitchell in this regard, as far as the bet goes, Bob-C won.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=90
    http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/...0050206_NE@PHI
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast