Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041
    I also remember when I could tell the difference between the Red Sox and the Yankees. Then the Red Sox spent what be most other team's entire payroll on a single pitcher who had never even thrown a single ball in MLB. Now it looks like one is Darth Vader and the other Darth Sidious.

As for Westbrook... I don't know how a team pays a guy a $3M bonus twice but somehow they did it. No wonder why my season ticket prices went up. I guess Westbrook was in no hurry to point it out as he even paid taxes on it and am sure he made a ton of interest before having to give it back.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Football is back and you know what that means don't you????

Bill Bellichick and the Patriots are cheating once again!!

You gotta love LT's quote, "The Patriots motto seems to be that if you're not cheating you're not trying." That just cracks me up over and over again.

I think the Patriots punishment should be that every team they ever beat should get four extra points. That would completely wipe out their three SB victories including over the Eagles and make the final score to the Bears SB 50-10.

I can't help but think back to the first two quarters of the SB when the Pats had no clue how to handle the Eagles blitzing scheme. Then all of a sudden later in the 2nd Quarter, the Patriots started picking every single one of them up. I can't help but wonder if the videocam was the Pat's 12th man on the field that day. It wouldn't surprise me with that nut job Bellichick.

Hopefully Reno Mahe fixes the return game this week. I can't believe I just wrote that. I still miss Alan Rossum.

GO EAGLES!!
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    After watching them on punt returns against Greenbay they better get thier act together.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    After watching them on punt returns against Greenbay they better get thier act together.
    Or else! Eagles fans want action NOW!!!!!

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...abb_three_week

I keep seeing links to The Onion concerning sports. I think one guy in my fantasy football league used it for his fantasy draft. And now even The Onion takes a shot at Philly fans. I think The Onion used should stick to what it knows best... whatever that is.

The draft pick penalty was good but I can't believe Bellichick got off without a suspension. I thought it was crap until I heard the commissioner's explanation. I can understand where he is coming from but I still think he should be suspended. The other half is that he says they are still investigating the Pats for other violations and that more penalties could be coming.

I am wondering how far back this could go and what was going on when he was defensive coordinator for Parcells.
    Bob-C, did you ever seen that recent documentary: "The Ring" ?? About those poor unfortunate people who watched something they shouldn't have ??

I can't tell you why, but listen to me -- its very very important that you no later than 8:30 PM tonight disconnect your phone, unplug your TV and radios, cut off your internet connection, and seal all your windows and doors -- and for the next 72 hours under no circumstances should you allow anyone from the outside world in.

Bob-C -- I hope you understand that I'm telling you all this out of love, and an abundance of caution.

Please take good care ...

BARYE
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Wanted to say good job Eags on pulling it out on Sun.. The Bucs will be waiting for you at the end of your road though.
    Bob, wanted to revive an old post.

Good luck tonight.
    Last edited by NRG; 09/17/2007 at 08:10 PM. Reason: How the hell do you do a strike effect?
    To keep this thread going, what the heck was up with those ugly uniforms. By far the ugliest I have ever seen, in any sport.
    I thought all of the "throw-backs" worn yesterday were pretty cool. I like how the NFL went waaay back in team history and not just to the last versions worn.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Philly fans are the ultimate....who else would boo Santa when he arrives at the stadium.
    E-A-G-L-E-S.......WOW they need to where the mustard uniforms again.

GO GIANTS
    Throwback Uniforms
    I really did not like those blue and gold uniforms. If they wanted throwback throwback uniforms they should have worn the Ron Jaworski era uniforms or maybe even went back to the white helmets. Those blue and gold uniforms just seemed like a shameless gimmick to sell more jerseys quickly in a short period of time. It worked like a charm though. There were legions of people wearing those jerseys for the game. Two games later, I saw not a single one at the stadium nor through the rest of year. I'd bet the Eagles ordered a limited production run too so they didn't get stuck with inventory. It reminds me of last year when they put all those Garcia jerseys out late in the year. I am sure they dumped their inventory of those before they dumped him! I give the Eagles props in that they are great marketing machine. Too bad they are at the opposite end of the spectrum in drafting wide receivers.

T.O.'s Tears
    How funny was it last week when T.O. whimpered about how he has always had his QB's back wherever he has been? I will give T.O. credit that he seemed to be much more of a team player this year but he is still as loopy as ever. It must be something to live in whatever universe T.O.'s perception of reality is based. A reality in which he had McNabb and, even worse, Garcia's whom he kept implying was gay.

Santa Claus Being Booed
    There was a story about that on TV back in December. They said that the Santa Claus the Eagles had scheduled called at the last second and cancelled due to the weather. So the team just pulled some drunk guy out of the stands who had happened to have a Santa outfit on and paid some cash to just walk up and down the field. The guy stumbled back and forth and didn't even a Santa Claus tummy. The Eagles had the worst record in the league at that point of the season so the fans just unloaded the boos but they were directed at organization really. The fans were pissed that the organization was so incompetent that couldn't even get something as simple as a Santa Claus right. It was just the feather that broke the camel'ss back.

It got even worse that season. The Eagles went onto win two meaningless games at the end of that season losing the first draft pick to Buffalo. No one remembers who the Eagles picked at #2 but Buffalo got O.J. Simpson.

Been rooting for the old man Favre now. I really want to see Brett slay the undefeated season in the Super Bowl. The look on Bill "The Cheater" Bellichik would just pricelessly eternal.

Go Brett! Go PACK!
    Last edited by Bob-C; 01/20/2008 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Bill "The Cheater" Bellichik would just pricelessly eternal.

Go Brett! Go PACK!
    I am struggling to remember why I thought you were better than that. That statement shows you to be a shallow, media-influenced "fan" of the game. I thought you had a clue. My mistake.

Too bad for Brett, I would've enjoyed that rematch in the SB.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    I agree. You would've enjoyed playing Brett in the Super Bowl much more than the Giants!! Boy, did the Giants DL take the Pats out to the tool shed and put a beating on them! I guess it's not so easy to pick up the blitz when you're not cheating.

And guess what? The look on Bellichick's face WAS pricelessly eternal as he ran off the field with one second left in the game abandoning his defensive team to play out the last snap without him.

Ya know what they say? Cheaters never win!!
    Does anyone think that the Eagles will be shipping off Lito this weekend? The Pats lost both their corners to free agency. I was wondering if they would want to make some kind of deal for him or if they will just plug two unknown guys in there and make the SuperBowl again!
    Personally, I would just as soon keep Lito. These days--you need two #1 corners, and an excellent 3rd. It would give the Eagles defensive playmakers and depth.

If they ship him off they MUST get a game breaking WR or a top flight Offensive Lineman. They badly need both to have a legit shot at the super bowl. A top level pass rusher would be nice too.
    I agree that they may as well keep Lito now. I am unhappy with what my company pays me and nobody cares. He certainly doesn't. So why should I or you care how many millions he does or doesn't make? He certainly was happy when they gave him all that up front money and now he is going to whine? Boo hoo. With him at the other corner position opposite Samuel we will have one of the best tandems in the league. If he gets hurt as he has recently, we can still have Sheldon Brown who can play CB or be a great nickel back. I just read however that Lito might still go to Jax for 2009 picks. I hope not.

TO THE PATS FANS: I have officially retired my "Get your 18-1 Patriots AFC Championship Gear" avatar. So you can stop eating Humble Pie and come back out of hiding.

GO FLYERS!!!
    Philadelphia PHILLIES
    2008 World Series
    CHAMPIONS !!!!!!

"We are the Champions my friend,
    Unlike the Mets, we won't choke in the end,
    We are the Champions,
    The PHILS ARE the Champions,
    No time for New York,
    The Mets really do suck......

JROLL'S ^SS!!!!!"

Sure it was a bit late but this thread has been dead for sooooooo long that I forgot about it. Anyway, fellow Philadelphia fans, isn't it wonderful to still be so happy with the Phillies to not even care so much whether it is important that our QB know how many quarters there are in OT?

Usually when the Phillies season is over, there is still more baseball left on TV. This year there was none. I found it to be sooooooooo eerie. After the season there is usually talk about I can't wait until next season but now I think, why? We are the Champions of something for the first time in 100 seasons of Philadelphia sports. I am no hurry to get next season started. I wish the offseason could just last forever so we can all continue to just bask in it.

THANK YOU PHILLIES!!!

From generations who thought they would die before seeing another championship.

&

From generations who NEVER saw a city championship.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041