Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041 LastLast
    That was a hard weekend....

1) Iggles lost (was going for a hispanic QB...and they lost)
    2) Chargers lost (NC State alum Philip Rivers couldn't pull it off)
    3) Seattle lost (never was a fan of Seattle until I started reading Shaun Alexander's book, Touchdown Alexander...very inspiration Christian book...becoming a fan of him/seattle)

4) Didn't really care who won/lost the Indy game...so no biggie.

But of the three games I cared about, all 3 teams I wanted to win ended up loosing.

Oh well. Since Dallas was out, didn't really have a dog in that fight...but still had my preferences.
    That Indy/NE game was an instant classic. It's the kind of game where you say there were really no losers. But technically there was and it was the PATRIOTS!!!! HA!

Sorry Jo & KRam. I just could not resist. If I could see one look on your faces, it would have to be that moment just before the winning score. The one where Reggie Wayne popped the ball up in the air and it looked like the Patriots were going to pull one more out of their box of Lucky Charms. That the Colts would fall short once again. Then something miraculous happened. The Pats luck finally ran out as the ball somehow defied physics & came right back down into Reggie's hands. Priceless. Nice to see the Pats fans experience an Eagles fan moment that results in something being thrown across the living room in coordination with a loud expletive.

Did the irony of the situation occur to either of you guys that the situation resembled the Sox getting over the Yankees hump in the playoffs? It wasn't as bad as a 3 games to 0 situation. But being behind 18 points to a dynasty that has owned you is about as close as it gets in football.

And once again, Bill Bellichik proves that while he is the most respected coach in the league he is also the most disliked as the sorest loser ever. Did you notice Peyton Manning come up to him after the game and attempt to say something? Bellichik just patted him on the side and kept walking. Patting may even be generous. It may have even been brushing him aside. You would think that after all the heartbreak the Pats have given Peyton that he would shake his hand, say congrats, & tell him to not waste the opportunity in the SB. That's what a class act would do. I'm sure Dungy has done it.

I'm all for the whole show me a good loser & I'll show you a loser mentality. But I'm pretty sure Lombardi meant that one should never be satisfied with any type of loss. I doubt he meant that one should be ignorant in defeat.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    T
    ke his hand, say congrats, & tell him to not waste the opportunity in the SB. That's what a class act would do. .
    You answered your own question.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    LOL! Wine when you win. Sour grapes when you lose.
    The one where Reggie Wayne popped the ball up in the air and it looked like the Patriots were going to pull one more out of their box of Lucky Charms. That the Colts would fall short once again. Then something miraculous happened. The Pats luck finally ran out... Nice to see the Pats fans experience an Eagles fan moment that results in something being thrown across the living room in coordination with a loud expletive.
    The situation resembled the Sox getting over the Yankees hump in the playoffs?
    I didn't actually get mad. I was kind of dissapointed, but you know what? It's just a game. :-) If the pain of not winning the superbowl is as great as the joy you experience when your team wins, you best not be a fan as you are not going to win a majority of the time.

I equated the game more to the Steve Young niners finally getting past the Cowboys in the NFC championship.
    The big difference is that the Cowboys did not blow an 18 point lead which is why I went with Yanks debacle against Boston.
    Montana past the Cowboys
    Young past the Packers/Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer View Post
    I equated the game more to the Steve Young niners finally getting past the Cowboys in the NFC championship.
    Where has ExtraordinaryJo been? You, "loved this game", a few weeks ago. Now it's SuperBowl Sunday and your still moping. Shame shame shame.

I hate to root for the favorite but I really want to see Marvin Harrison, a Philly local, have a big game and get the credit he deseres. He has quietly been the best WR in the NFL throughout his career and he's done it with class. I also read him say that he still roots for the Eagles! Go Marvin!!
    Where has ExtraordinaryJo been? You, "loved this game", a few weeks ago. Now it's SuperBowl Sunday and your still moping. Shame shame shame.

I hate to root for the favorite but I really want to see Marvin Harrison, a Philly local, have a big game and get the credit he deseres. He has quietly been the best WR in the NFL throughout his career and he's done it with class. I also read him say that he still roots for the Eagles! Go Marvin!!
    Hey, sorry...life happens. Been swamped at work and at home lately.

Yeah, I admit the Pats choked and beat themselves pretty bad, allowing the colts to take advantage and make a huge comeback. I gotta give credit to the colts for not giving up and staying in the game. I think Peyton played pretty well, but he was not as spectacular as the media makes him out to be...just my honest opinion. Their defense was pretty good after being almost non-existent most of the season, that's what impressed me the most.

I really can't complain about how the Pats offense played in that game...they put up a lot of points. The defense however completely fell apart in the second half. There was just sooo much wrong with their play for those 30 minutes.

I will point out that the NFL agrees that 2 VERY COSTLY calls against the Pats were bad, not to mention a very blatant non-call. But at the same time, Caldwell dropped a damned TD pass that my 3 year old son would have caught. Watson also dropped a pretty easy catch that could have changed things. Bad calls happen in just about every game (and those were pretty damn bad) so a team needs to be able to overcome them, and the Pats simply did not do enough. In the end they came within one play of beating a good team, and would have crushed the Bears in the big game.

Overall, yeah I am still disappointed that they lost, but you have to admit they took that very questionable offense, and a very banged up defense MUCH farther than everyone thought they could or would. And they made it exciting and interesting every step of the way.

The Superbowl...I honestly can't remember a less interesting superbowl in all my years of watching. And no, not just because the Pats lost (I admit that might be part of it), but it was just so quiet leading up to the game. No trash talk. No controversy. No real competition. No excitement. It felt more like an exhibition game. And Grossman is possibly the worst QB to ever play in the big game...and that is saying something as there have been a few pretty awful QB's that have made it.

Yes, I STILL LOVE THIS GAME!!! Now I need to settle for the far less entertaining, and never-ending baseball season to get my sports fix. I'll throw in a few hockey games so I can see someone get the crap beat out of them too. I'm also looking forward to the painful decisions we'll see in the off-season and the unbearable anticipation of another season....which of course I think they will win it all!!!!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Oh yeah... the Pats beat themselves once again. It's been three in a row against the Colts. Forgot about that.

Personally, I think the least interesting SB matchup ever was Ravens vs Giants. I still get nauseus thinking about that one. I still don't what was worse. The expectation of boredom leading up to the game or the boredom of the actual game. I can't even remember any Shannon Sharpe quotes. The only positive is that I remind Giants fans of it every now & then.
    Kevin Curtis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually really like that signing. I still can't believe how they raw dealed Garcia.
    Haven't kept up with Curtis much. For the money, they might've kept Stallworth, so I assume that they really like him....

I still would've liked dayne over Buckhalter. And they need a new linebacker desperately.
    I would've taken Dayne over Buckhalter too. Kevin Curtis biggest problem has been playing behind Isaac Bruce. Whenever Bruce went down and Curtis started in his place, he would have good games. He ripped off a couple of long TD's during those stretches too. He's a dangerous catch it in stride + yards after the catch WR.

I think they are sold on Omar Gaither at LB.
    Holy crap I can't believe this thread is still around. I don't think I've read it since the Eagles were in the Super Bowl. That seems like such a long time ago.
    It seems even longer with all the crap going on now. I was dead sure the Phillies were going to jump out of the gate this year but boy was I wrong. Who would've thought that Pat Burrell would be kicking **** while Howard is striking out constantly??? I said it before and I'll say it again that it made no sense as to why they signed Barajas at catcher instead of just going with Costes and Ruiz. Costes was a .300 hitter last year doing everything he could to prove himself but I guess the Phils don't believe in late bloomers. Well they should believe that Barajas may as well not even take a bat to plate as it never does any good.

I thought the bullpen had issues but I NEVER thought it would be as bad as it is. How many leads have they blown in late innings? Two in the opening series with the Braves, another two against the Marlins and then another against the Mets. ....... I don't think I've ever been as this disappointed with a Philly team so early in the season.

And what the heck is with those darn Sixers. They had the worst record setting them up for the most ping pong balls, then they trade Iverson and start winning?!??!?!? The other week they came back from a 17 freaking point deficit?!?!? They've passed so many teams in the standings that their chances of getting the top pick are miniscule.

We ARE cursed in this city as sure as the sun rises in the morning. When we need our teams to win, they lose. When we need them to lose, they somehow win. If that isn't a curse I don't know what is.

The wait for the 700p firmware is a drop in the ocean compared to what we go through in Philly waiting for some sort of title. ......
    The wait for the 700p firmware is a drop in the ocean compared to what we go through in Philly waiting for some sort of title. ......
    I was there for game 7 when the Phantoms won the Calder Cup in 2005. I'm only 25 but I'm convinced I will never live to see another professional Philadelphia sports championship, at least not one I care about? Phillies, no. Eagles, no. Flyers, of course not. This was the most painful season I've had to endure since I started seriously following hockey. The Flyers didn't do that great last year, but they made the playoffs. This year they had the worst record in the league by far. I'm too lazy to research the stats, but it has to be a LONG time since that happened. I can only hope they'll use their cap room to get some help next year, I can't endure that again. So help me, Biron better turn out to be worthy of the starting job. If he's another Boucher/Cechmanek/Esche/Nittymaki (don't forget Hackett, ha), I don't know what I'll do. My wife is from Montreal, maybe I'll become a Habs fan. Ugh...

You know it's bad when a city goes crazy for a horse that has some affiliation with the area, like what happened with Smarty Jones and Barbaro.
    The saddest thing about the Flyers is that the organization looks absolutely lost about what direction to take this team. I don't think that I ever remember the Flyers in that situation. First thing I would do is to get a real GM. I have no confidence in Holmgren whatsover.
    Flyers needed to get rid of Clarke, which they did, but then they bring him back. And people wonder why the flyers can't win a championship.

Go DEVILS!!!
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    What's the deal with the Eagles paying Westbrook twice, an accounting error for 3 million, what a salary cap...
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    Holy crap I can't believe this thread is still around. I don't think I've read it since the Eagles were in the Super Bowl. That seems like such a long time ago.
    Oh I remember the Super Bowl like it was yesterday

and i'm shocked that this thread is still going... i gotta find my redsox thread now and bring that back to life!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about