Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Zing! I should start bookmarking all these comments to serve with that side of crow I'm having delivered all across Philly a week from this coming monday. :=)
    This is Philly dude! We have the longest drought of any city in the nation with 4 sports team. That's approximately 22 years x 4 sports teams = 88 non-championship sports seasons. We've lost 3 Stanley Cups, a World Series (and another in '83), an NBA Finals, and 3 NFC Championship games in a row since then. And Smarty Jones choked the Triple Crown too. Yes. We did weep for that were so desperate here.. I've often joked that we're the city that couldn't win a free prize. Now do you see why were so happy right now? We eat crow with the frequency of cheesesteaks and wash it down with beer. But one week from Sunday we'll be chomping down on Boston Creme Pie. So go ahead and bookmark my !

Here's a great article on ESPN about Philly fans and the Championship Game. I started one of the chants at Jimmy Johnson mentioned in the article I'm SOOOOO proud.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...=murphy/050127
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    This is Philly dude! We have the longest drought of any city in the nation with 4 sports team. That's approximately 22 years x 4 sports teams = 88 non-championship sports seasons. We've lost 3 Stanley Cups, a World Series (and another in '83), an NBA Finals, and 3 NFC Championship games in a row since then. And Smarty Jones choked the Triple Crown too. Yes. We did weep for that were so desperate here.. I've often joked that we're the city that couldn't win a free prize. Now do you see why were so happy right now? We eat crow with the frequency of cheesesteaks and wash it down with beer. But one week from Sunday we'll be chomping down on Boston Creme Pie. So go ahead and bookmark my !
    Well put Bob-C. Imagine how Philly is going to explode after winning the SB! I can't wait to see what's going to happen! Pure pent-up emotions will be flowing all over the city. I just hope it doesn't get too out of hand though.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Part of me almost wishes Philly could win. I mean, Beantown has had such a run recently (and I'm a Ct native, presently holders of both NCAA basketball championships).
  4.    #64  
    Part of me almost wishes Philly could win. I mean, Beantown has had such a run recently (and I'm a Ct native, presently holders of both NCAA basketball championships).
    That's right, it's our turn now!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  5.    #65  
    Boston has won Basketball, Football, even a Baseball and maybe even Hockey (I don't follow Hockey so I don't know about that one) titles since Philly has last won any, so come on Beantown and route for the EAGLES!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    so come on Beantown and route for the EAGLES!!
    I think your anticipation is clouding your judgement. You think anyone in Boston will route against the Pats? You know how long it's been since Boston has had a "dynasty"? Longer than it's been for Philly!
    I think your anticipation is clouding your judgement. You think anyone in Boston will route against the Pats? You know how long it's been since Boston has had a "dynasty"? Longer than it's been for Philly!
    I agree no one in Boston will root for Philly, but are you kidding me about dynasties? Philly has NEVER EVER had a dynasty. As for Boston, you must be forgetting about that obscure little team called the Boston Celtics!?! Didn't they win like 8 years in a row back in the 60's and a couple more in the 70's and 80's? They were on ESPN's all time great dynasties list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I agree no one in Boston will root for Philly, but are you kidding me about dynasties? Philly has NEVER EVER had a dynasty. As for Boston, you must be forgetting about that obscure little team called the Boston Celtics!?! Didn't they win like 8 years in a row back in the 60's and a couple more in the 70's and 80's?
    Sorry, I got Philly and Pittsburgh mixed up. I was thinking Steelers.
    Boston has won Basketball, Football, even a Baseball and maybe even Hockey (I don't follow Hockey so I don't know about that one) titles since Philly has last won any, so come on Beantown and route for the EAGLES!!
    Most recent Stanley Cup win was 1972.

No one's going to win it this year. We're all going to lose.

GOD, I MISS HOCKEY!!!
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
  10.    #70  
    I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I saw some footage as the Eagles were getting off the plane in Jacksonville (aka Phillyville this week) today. They showed T.O. coming down the steps of the plane walking very gingerly on that ankle. It seems like that ankle might not be ready for 'Prime Time' yet. I hope he's not making a big mistake by playing Sunday because we really can beat the Pats without T.O.!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I saw some footage as the Eagles were getting off the plane in Jacksonville (aka Phillyville this week) today. They showed T.O. coming down the steps of the plane walking very gingerly on that ankle. It seems like that ankle might not be ready for 'Prime Time' yet. I hope he's not making a big mistake by playing Sunday because we really can beat the Pats without T.O.!
    From what I heard, TO's been running and cutting and he's scheduled to have a full practice on Wednesday. The doctors originally said it would take him 8 - 10 weeks and the Super Bowl will be 7 weeks since the injury. If all goes well, we could see him in a limited capacity, like as a third receiver. That's better than nothing.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    From what I heard, TO's been running and cutting and he's scheduled to have a full practice on Wednesday. The doctors originally said it would take him 8 - 10 weeks and the Super Bowl will be 7 weeks since the injury. If all goes well, we could see him in a limited capacity, like as a third receiver. That's better than nothing.
    I've heard the same thing, but I'm just going by what I saw. I hope like hell that he'll help the team and not hurt them. We shall all see come Sunday. It makes for a nice little sub plot to the game big game.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I saw that footage too but what you also have to keep in mind is that TO was also carrying a lot of luggage off the plane. The fact that he was carrying all that luggage on that ankle down that steep ramp is encouraging to me. He may have been walking tentatively down it because he was just afraid of losing his balance and falling. Boy wouldn't that bite?

Don't worry. He'll play, he'll score, and they'll win. If they don't they should throw Freddie off the plane on the way home.
    Over the weekend they were reporting he MIGHT practice on Wednesday. Well he practiced today, two days ahead of the tentative schedule. So yeah, things are looking good.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Things do look good, and let's face it, TO wants to run some plays in the Super Bowl!
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Part of me thinks Rodney Harrison is not above ending TO's career on purpose. That's a risk TO needs to consider.
    Part of me thinks Rodney Harrison is not above ending TO's career on purpose. That's a risk TO needs to consider.
    On purpose? Anyone who tries to end someone's career on purpose shouldn't be playing the game. Do you realize you just called one of your boys a thug and a goon?
    A thug, yes. A goon, no. Harrison is the biggest-hitting safety in the league. He head-hunts more than anyone. It's fairly well known.

Glad he's on my team, though. :-)
  19.    #79  
    Harrison was fined $7500 for his hit on Hines Ward in the AFC Title Game. So, I don't think he'll be trying to end someone elses career because that might end his own.

Just heard T.O. say he's definitely playing and he will make plays like he always does. I feel a lot better about things now. Go Eagles!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Harrison was fined $7500 for his hit on Hines Ward in the AFC Title Game. So, I don't think he'll be trying to end someone elses career because that might end his own.

Just heard T.O. say he's definitely playing and he will make plays like he always does. I feel a lot better about things now. Go Eagles!!
    Oh he'll suit up and play, but he's going to be nothing more then a decoy... He is a non-factor. The coaches on the Pats are going to be ready for whatever Phillie throws at them... I bet the eagles will have more passes picked off then passes TO will catch.

Timmay

go pats
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast