Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041 LastLast
    Yes the Giants are good but when was the last time an NFC team won the Super Bowl.... mmmmmmmm... oh yeah the Rams.. AFC is the place to be.. I don't see any NFC teams winning the SB. Yeah, we have the Giants in a couple of weeks.. we'll see which J-vill team shows...Good luck
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo View Post
    I've never posted on this thread before, but the time has come for me to make 2 observations:

1) Given the Eagles play so far this year, isn't it time to shut this thread down?

2) We all know who the best team in the NFC East, NFC and NFL is. If you don't, just look at my Avatar for a clue!
    Man, I looked and just could not find that Chicago Bears emblem in your avatar anywhere. Can you give us a hint as to where it is at? As much as I would like an NFC East team to be the team this year (anyone cept Dallas that is) it just aint gonna happen. Giants are the top tier team in the weak NFC East, quite low tier in the NFC though.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    The Jags have the Eagles number for some odd reason I just can't figure out.

As for the Giants, the one thing their fans have in common is obviously a good sense of humor as shown once again in this thread.

This division completely flip-flop in one month. The Jags beat us, but we beat ourselves against Tampa, New Orleans, and ESPECIALLY the Giants. The Cowboys are also going to be a better team with Romo in there but I don't know if they will be able to protect him enough to win the division.

And don't give me this AFC/NFC stuff. Right now the Bears and Colts are clearly the two best teams in the league.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    You are correct about the Colts and Bears as the best teams but again looking at it in a divisional standpoint who other then the Bears in the NFC can contend w/ a team in the AFC. The Bears are proving that their are no teams in the NFC. No comp at all.. I will say it again " The AFC is the place to be."
    [QUOTE=Bob-C;1115787]The Jags have the Eagles number for some odd reason I just can't figure out.

AQUOTE]

It's called defense!
    I agree that no team other than the Bears can beat the Colts. But IMO, there is only one other team that can beat the Colts in the rest of the NFL. Not only is that team the Pats, they will beat the Colts this weekend. Take it to the bank. If having one more team than the NFC that can beat the Colts means the AFC is better, than I have to agree it is.

Top 5:
    -------
    1. Chicago - They just scored again!
    2. Indy - Getting gauged for 200+ rushing yards doesn't win a SB.
    3. Patriots - Will beat Indy AGAIN and move up to number 2.
    4. Denver - Have personnel to beat Colts but DEF coordinator not wise enough to impliment Zone blitz ala Patriots & Steelers.
    5. BAL/SD/NYG - Three way tie for #5. Maybe a cop out because your guess is as good as mine as to which is better but I know that none of these teams would be the top 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I agree that no team other than the Bears can beat the Colts. But IMO, there is only one other team that can beat the Colts in the rest of the NFL. Not only is that team the Pats, they will beat the Colts this weekend. Take it to the bank. If having one more team than the NFC that can beat the Colts means the AFC is better, than I have to agree it is.

Top 5:
    -------
    1. Chicago - They just scored again!
    2. Indy - Getting gauged for 200+ rushing yards doesn't win a SB.
    3. Patriots - Will beat Indy AGAIN and move up to number 2.
    4. Denver - Have personnel to beat Colts but DEF coordinator not wise enough to impliment Zone blitz ala Patriots & Steelers.
    5. BAL/SD/NYG - Three way tie for #5. Maybe a cop out because your guess is as good as mine as to which is better but I know that none of these teams would be the top 4.

Yeah and what is the overall record for the teams that Chicago beat.. I agree that they are a good team but I would have them ranked as 3rd. I guess they'll get my respect once they go against a good team. I would not put my $$ on them.
    1. Indy
    2. Pats
    3. Da Bears
    Well the Colts proved me wrong. Until the playoffs start, there is no doubt now who is #1.

1. Indy - Won in NE. Impressive, most impressive.
    2. Chicago - Losing to Miami almost dropped them down further.
    3. Denver - Had a great road win over a desperate Pgh team.
    4. Patriots - Lost the Colts number somewhere.
    5. SD - LT is the edge amongst a number of teams with similar records.

EAGLES PREDICTION: Andy has an incredible record for games following the bye week. THE REDSKINS WILL GET WHOOPED THIS WEEKEND BY THE EAGLES!!!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Well the Colts proved me wrong. Until the playoffs start, there is no doubt now who is #1.

1. Indy - Won in NE. Impressive, most impressive.
    2. Chicago - Losing to Miami almost dropped them down further.
    3. Denver - Had a great road win over a desperate Pgh team.
    4. Patriots - Lost the Colts number somewhere.
    5. SD - LT is the edge amongst a number of teams with similar records.

EAGLES PREDICTION: Andy has an incredible record for games following the bye week. THE REDSKINS WILL GET WHOOPED THIS WEEKEND BY THE EAGLES!!!
    You are probably right about the skins getting whooped, but sheesh that really is not anything to brag about this year now is it. All the Eagle defense has to do is crowd the line of scrimmage, we know Brunell will not throw a pass more than 10 yards through the air.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Well the Redskins DID GET WHOOPED! It is only worth bragging about in that the Redskin fans were talking about the Super Bowl before the season. We can officially cancel the Redskins/Dolphins Super Bowl rematch.

And WHAT is up with Bellichick?? He has completely lost it this year.

First, he gets completely outcoached by Tony Dungy. Only embarrassing from the standpoint that Denver ran the ball right down the Colts throat for over 200 yards the week before. You would think that Super Genius Bill would be sure to run Dillion and Maroney in the same manner. Even though Maroney had like 5 yards everytime he touched the ball, Bellichick kept passing left and right to a loss. What gives with that?

Second, did you see that 40 yard/40 minute run by Corey Dillion last week? The linebackers were catching up to him. ANY coach would've realized his speed deterioration by now and made the young stud, Maroney, the starter.

Third, Bill picks up Vinnie Testaverde and claims that it is so he can help Tom Brady by imparting his experience to him?!?!? I'm not making that up either. He really said it. TESTAVERDE - a QB who has never even been to the SB as a fan - is going to give experience to THREE TIME SB WINNER TOM BRADY?!?!??!?!?!??!

Bill - the stress of losing all your coaches, too many of your players, and continuing to come up with crazy fibs up for the NFL Injury Report each week has finally taken its toll on you. The best thing for you might be to miss the playoffs and go on a long, long, long, much deserved, desperately needed vacation. So you can reflect on the more important things in life and come back with a clear head in 2007.
    DM - ACL = Next Year
    Yep. That's about it.
    yep, the seasons a wrap now.
    As Mustafa said in Austion Powers, "Hey! I'm not dead yet. I'm pretty hurt and have some burns. I really think I need an ambulance but no, I'm not dead yet. Can anyone hear me?"

If the Birds can beat the Jints we gotta a gift for Dallas on Xmas that they're probably not going to like!
    Just ducking in here to say....

How bout them Cowboys?!

(except for getting embarrassed by NO, they have been on a roll since Romo took the helm).
    TODAY is the last day to submit your week picks to enter to win 2 tickets for the Eagles/Falcons season finale in philly, and you get to meet Brian Westbrook. all compliments of Brian himself. Im not eligable due to my position at Brian's site, but you can all enter, Picks must be in by 4PM EST TODAY.

www.BWestbrook.com
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  17.    #757  
    BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!

Can't believe we have a shot at winning the division by beating THE COWGIRLS & Falcons (whom we will definitely beat!). We were left for dead a few weeks back. One has to be very strong with a strong heart to be an EAGLES fan!!

GO E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Hey Rico! - I told ya'll Cowboy fans we had a special Xmas gift you weren't going to like. Your 'Boys got a stocking full of coal and a mouthful of Humble Pie for dessert. All except for TO who somehow seemed to think that the fans were booing, "us", and, "the team", as opposed to booing HIM everytime he dropped a ball. I don't ever recall an athlete in as much denial as he. How great is it that both McNabb & Garcia get back in the same year on the same team? Poetic, eh? Garcia in the after game interviewed turned directly to the camera and said, "Philadelphia - MERRY Xmas!!" You GO Jeff!

I do want to thank Bill Parcells for wearing a jacket though. The last game I saw him coach, he had some sort of short sleeve shirt on. At the end of the game as he ran across the field his, "man-boobs", were bouncing up & down all over the place. Yuck! Despite my laughter I had to look away. Please wear a man-bra, Bill!

Can't wait to get to the parking lot tomorrow. Thank God the NFL didn't make this the night game and spared me tough choice to make between the game my girlfriend.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!
    The Eagles are fortunate that the rest of the NFC is so incredibly mediocre!

next year, the team still has to address the holes on defense. Winning covers up a lot of things, but a single play determined the Redskins and Carolina games. I guess that's fair in a way---they certainly had bad breaks earlier in the year. But no one is scared of the Eagles' d. The offense has been pretty consistent, whether as a bombs-away under McNabb or a ball control WCO under Garcia. They have lots of ways to score. It's nice that they have finally remembered a running game.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires View Post
    The Eagles are fortunate that the rest of the NFC is so incredibly mediocre!
    "mediocre"? I was thinking of words much more colorful than that!