Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Sorry dude, I can not give any credibility to that statement. I got lucky and purchased season tickets 3 years in a row (during their worst years) and no way was there more bad guys than good guys in the stands. The longest wait list in the NFL for season tickets in the largest (I think still) stadium, with the longest consecutive sell out for tickets. No way did you see more unless you refused to look beyond your own seat.
    its the god honest truth. if you go back and watch the game tape, it was a sunday night game, they even kept saying throughout the broadcast about how many more Eagles fans there were compared to skins fan.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    um, i was there, Eagles fans DID outnumber skins fans by at least 3-1. it was the last game of the season. Bruce Smith's last game ever. Brian Westbrook tore his bicept in that game and missed the whole playoffs that year. it was a piintless game for the skins, and there were at least 3 times as many Eagles fans as Skins fans there. id bet any amount of money on it.
    I've been a skins fan since I was a little monkey growing up in Corsica.

And though I'm now a very very old primate (though still spry), I've yet in my long life been able to attend a game.

I know that cardio and me were dubious about your claim that you and the philease fans outnumbered skins fans 3-1,

But maybe we were unfair. I thought about it, and there is a special section at FedEx Field where you may be right -- where you and your philease brethren did out number DC fans 3-1.

You and your brethren watched the game from the lock up beneath the stadium, right ??? You were in those prison cells special for philly fans at FedEx Field !!
    Last edited by BARYE; 05/16/2006 at 06:04 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE

And though I'm now a very very old primate (though still spry), I've yet in my long life been able to attend a game.

I know that cardio and me were dubious about your claim that you and the philease fans outnumbered skins fans 3-1,

But maybe we were unfair. I thought about it, and there is a special section at FedEx Field where you may be right -- where you and your philease brethren did out number DC fans 3-1.

You and your brethren watched the game from the lock up beneath the stadium, right ??? You were in those prison cells special for philly fans at FedEx Field !!
    i like your humor, but the fact remains...we outnumbers skins fans at least 3-1. not is jus my section, outside the stadium before the game,on the bus to the game, in the stadium, and after the game. it was a Midnight Green blizzard at Fedex Field.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE

What are you waiting for? Another Super Bowl win maybe? I'm going on my 11th year of season tix. I bought them during Ray Rhodes era for crying out loud too!

I have to concur with CP. I was not at that game but my brother was and he did tell me that they greatly outnumbed Skins fans. As CP said, it was the last game of the season and the Redskins were out of the playoffs for the umpteenth time in a row. So basically the season ticket holders dumped their tix on eBay to the Eagles fans.

Eagle fans are the greatest fans in the country and one of the reasons are that they like to go on road trips to anywhere the Eagles roam including enemy territory. I was at the Meadowlands with my bro in full Eagles gear for a playoff game in the nosebleed section. Seven hundred level vets have no fear! Remember that game two years ago on Monday night in Miami? I think the crowd must've been split down the middle as you could E-A-G-L-E-S chants on the TV. I also remember hearing those chants in Dallas but I don't remember which game.

Raiders fans dress crazier than Eagles fans. Without a doubt I give you that. but have you ever seen them go on mass road trips to Denver or KC? I have not. The year the Birds went to the SB, there were people on the news who took second mortgages on their homes to go to the game.

I also recall the Raiders have attendance problems in both Oakland and LA. The Eagles have had season tix unavailable for about 8 years now regardless of how they do. That is the thing about Eagles fans. Their loyalty borderlines on stupidity....

Like I tell people. Philly fans bleed green for the Eagles. I just wish we didn't bleed so much and often.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    It is getting pretty bad for the Eagle fans, now they are trying to create happiness by claiming their fans outnumber home field fans. Well, guess you gotta rely on something, they can not even look back at the trophy(ies) from the SB titles and relive past glories.

I have been in the SF Bay area for 5 years, I have not seen any attendance problems in that time frame. I did not realize how crazy the fans were till I lived here and attend a couple of games. I agree Philly is tough, Oakland outdoes them on game day.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    I have been in the SF Bay area for 5 years, I have not seen any attendance problems in that time frame. I did not realize how crazy the fans were till I lived here and attend a couple of games. I agree Philly is tough, Oakland outdoes them on game day.
    You must not get to many games or watch the news. An excerpt taken from the following site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_Raiders

They sued the city of Oakland and the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority over Personal Seat Licenses (PSLs). When the team moved back from Los Angeles, the Raiders agreed to sell PSLs to help pay for the renovations to their stadium. But after games rarely sold out, the Raiders filed lawsuits, claiming that it was misled by the city and the Coliseum Authority with the false promise that there would be sellouts. On November 2, 2005, a settlement was announced and that they will discontinue PSLs as of the end of the 2005 season.

And to save you the time of typing up some sort of excuse that just blames Al Davis for making some crazy story about attendance, the Raiders were able to show enough evidence to win the case by jury decision.

From NY Times... DISPLAYING FIRST 50 OF 460 WORDS -The Oakland Raiders' owner, Al Davis, was awarded $34.2 million yesterday by a Sacramento Superior Court jury, which found that officials from the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Inc. had misrepresented the projected attendance when they enticed the franchise to return from Los Angeles. Davis, who moved the franchise back to...

I surmise you were not on the jury.
    It is getting pretty bad for the Eagle fans, now they are trying to create happiness by claiming their fans outnumber home field fans. Well, guess you gotta rely on something, they can not even look back at the trophy(ies) from the SB titles and relive past glories.

how old are you man? dont take it personally. im not making this up, that is how it was, you can deny it all you want. take shots at bird fans creating happiness...you're ridiculous. i was at the game, apparently you were not.

and i dont care how much money the skins paid and how many number 2 and 3 WRs they brought in, or how many overrated Safeties they overpaid for, they will be sitting at the bottom of the NFC East.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    how old are you man? dont take it personally. im not making this up, that is how it was, you can deny it all you want. take shots at bird fans creating happiness...you're ridiculous. i was at the game, apparently you were not.
    Of course he wasn't at the game. How could he? Cardio has never been to ANY Redskins game. Typical couch potato Redskins fan incontrst to us live, it breath it, 700 level Eagle fan warriors. I'd call Cardio an armchair QB but that would make him the best QB in all of Washington.
    How about that TO? Trying to put that all spiking the Cowboys logo behind him and attempting to reach out to the Dallas area fans. What better would there possibly be to show up in Dallas at Game 1 of the NBA finals wearing a Miami Heat/Shaq jersey? I'll tell ya what better way: To follow it up reaching out to the community by offering kids a $195/kid football youth camp to learn from TO. Then showing up on the first day 8 whole hours late while Rosenhaus spent the whole time coming up with excuses for TO like saying that the pressures and demands of being a Cowboy were getting to him.

The funniest part is that TO finally got there and threw some tight spirals to the kids. When he asked them if they had ever seen a quarterback throw a better pass, one get kid blurted out, "Yeah, Donovan McNabb!!" Good going kid.
    You guys psyched about the "Invincible" movie?
    Is that the Michael Jackson movie?
    Go Cowboys!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Is that the Michael Jackson movie?
    <high pitched> HEE hee
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Go Cowboys!
    Go FBI!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    You guys psyched about the "Invincible" movie?
    ???
    I saw the invincible preview on Superman Returns...it's based on the "true story" about when the eagles had opened tryouts in the 70's. Since I'm not an iggles fan, I wasn't aware that they ever did that.

Mark Wharljdfljalfjl-berg (sp?) is the guy in it. He's the one guy that gets invited to training camp.

It does look pretty good.....

And I have to second the above....GO COWBOYS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    ???
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445990/
    Still not as inspiring as the story of Andy Reid losing weight.
    I take it back. I saw the preview for Invincible when I went to see Superman Returns. It looks pretty darn good. As soon as I saw them doing the "E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!" chant in the preview, I realized that this is going to be the biggest movie of the year - in Philadelphia. How can ya have the chant and make a bad movie? Please no comments from NFL Films!

At the very list it will be five times as good as Superman Returns because that movie sucked some donkey stuff.

BTW,
    They're a thing of beauty.