Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 818
  1. #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    C'mon now Rico! You're a Cowboys fan!! The franchise was built around whining brats!!! Or at least obnoxious idiots. Just like went Deion Sanders went there, I can only think that TO should've been a Cowboy from the beginning. He carries on the Cowboys tradtion of other such Ring of Famers as Michael Irvin, Hollywood Henderson, Nate Newtown (is he still in prison yet btw?) and the list goes on. The whole in Dallas' stadium isn't for God, it's for the team's parole officers!!
    Excuse me but the franchise was built around the 60's/70's cowboy team with Tom Landry! That's when the Cowboys were dubbed "America's Team"! Not the late 90s!

    And I'm not sure if I'm more upset about having another whining brat on the team or loosing Larry Allen to SF. That man is definately a FORCE on the O-line!
  2. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #662  
    I agree Larry Allen will be hard to replace. I see cowboy QBs staring straight up at the hole in your roof more and more. You guys have a couple of talented WRs but will the QB have time to get the ball to them?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  3. #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    the coaches are easy
    Gibbs, Saunders, Williams, Bugel (thats 4 great coaches)
    WR not so easy to say great on 3
    Moss very good, may be great
    Lloyd pretty good, a chance to be great
    Randle El, good and versatile
    Jacobs, has the potential to move into the very good to great area
    ditto to all that Cardio ...

    BTW, its better to have 3 very good receivers than a single great one.

    Only thing the skins are missing to get to the big show is a great QB - but Gibbs prefers them old and average.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  4. #664  
    Well Hollywood Henderson was on that 70's team and I don't recall him being the only showboat. Who was the Cowboy on that team that used to refer to my team as the Beagles? And BTW, how slimy is Jerry Jones himself? Pushes the season ticket first installment due date back without explanation. Waits until after he signs TO. Then announces he is charging a $500 seat license this year for that rathole stadium they are still playing in. Well TO got his money alright. And it was YOURS Cowboy fans!! TOOO!!!, TO! TO! TOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  5. #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Well Hollywood Henderson was on that 70's team and I don't recall him being the only showboat. Who was the Cowboy on that team that used to refer to my team as the Beagles? And BTW, how slimy is Jerry Jones himself? Pushes the season ticket first installment due date back without explanation. Waits until after he signs TO. Then announces he is charging a $500 seat license this year for that rathole stadium they are still playing in. Well TO got his money alright. And it was YOURS Cowboy fans!! TOOO!!!, TO! TO! TOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    You seem a little touchy-er than normal I'm glad my Boys could do that to you

    And I don't know too much about the 70's team...I just stated that it was that team where the franchise was built around. I was born in '75 so I missed the first run of superbowls...but I was around for the early 90's.
  6. #666  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    the coaches are easy
    Gibbs, Saunders, Williams, Bugel (thats 4 great coaches)
    WR not so easy to say great on 3
    Moss very good, may be great
    Lloyd pretty good, a chance to be great
    Randle El, good and versatile
    Jacobs, has the potential to move into the very good to great area
    I could point out some Cardinals and Raiders fans who have a different opinion of Bugel.

    As for the WR's, I agree that Moss is very good. Randle El has mainly just cashed in on a few good playoff performances and having good athletic ability. Lloyd's excuse was being on the Niners much like we are expecting big things from Reggie Brown based on what he did with Mike McMahon last season. I agree they both have good potential but they have not put together statistics to significantly warrant anything other than that, yet. In a fantasy football draft I would have them as late sleepers. Certainly not anyone I would think of as a lock for 1,000 yards and 7 TD's. Only Moss would fall into that category which is what I consider to be good.

    Who is Jacobs? My fantasy football radar is not able to identify him.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  7. #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    You seem a little touchy-er than normal I'm glad my Boys could do that to you

    And I don't know too much about the 70's team...I just stated that it was that team where the franchise was built around. I was born in '75 so I missed the first run of superbowls...but I was around for the early 90's.
    I was born in '70 and caught the tail end of those teams. I just recall reading an article last year about how the Cowboys became Philadelphia's most hated team. In the 70's that Landry team had a huge lead and just kept their starters in the whole game and ran the score up to win by like 40 or 50. (who knows - maybe it was 30 something I can't remember for sure) Ever since they have been known here as the most obnoxious team in sports and utterly despised here like no other sports franchise. That is why, from our point of view, TO fits in perfectly to their legacy.

    Landry did the same thing again during the strike year in that scab game where Dorsett and White crossed the picket line. Buddy Ryan vowed to anyone paying attention after that game to tell Landry he would get him back for that. That was the reason behind the whole infamous Randall Cunningham taking a knee and then getting up to throw a bomb with seconds left in a game where the Eagles were winning by 10 points. Then sending Byars in for a TD as time ran out. That was GREAT!!!! For many here, that ranks higher than the SuperBowl did last year.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  8. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #668  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I could point out some Cardinals and Raiders fans who have a different opinion of Bugel.

    As for the WR's, I agree that Moss is very good. Randle El has mainly just cashed in on a few good playoff performances and having good athletic ability. Lloyd's excuse was being on the Niners much like we are expecting big things from Reggie Brown based on what he did with Mike McMahon last season. I agree they both have good potential but they have not put together statistics to significantly warrant anything other than that, yet. In a fantasy football draft I would have them as late sleepers. Certainly not anyone I would think of as a lock for 1,000 yards and 7 TD's. Only Moss would fall into that category which is what I consider to be good.

    Who is Jacobs? My fantasy football radar is not able to identify him.
    Bugel is in the right position with the right support to be much better than with the raiders or the cardinals.

    Agree, that is why I put Moss alone in the category of very good, Lloyd played decent in SF on a terrible team, playing along side of Moss should help both have better years since it will reduce the double/triple coverage Moss had last year. Randel El is a versatile player, and is like I said just a good receiver (better than Thrash). Jacobs is in his 3rd year out of Florida, injured last preseason game in 04 limited playing time, used sparingly most of last year, came on much stronger toward the end of the season (when they put together the winning streak).
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  9. #669  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I was born in '70 and caught the tail end of those teams. I just recall reading an article last year about how the Cowboys became Philadelphia's most hated team. In the 70's that Landry team had a huge lead and just kept their starters in the whole game and ran the score up to win by like 40 or 50. (who knows - maybe it was 30 something I can't remember for sure) Ever since they have been known here as the most obnoxious team in sports and utterly despised here like no other sports franchise. That is why, from our point of view, TO fits in perfectly to their legacy.

    Landry did the same thing again during the strike year in that scab game where Dorsett and White crossed the picket line. Buddy Ryan vowed to anyone paying attention after that game to tell Landry he would get him back for that. That was the reason behind the whole infamous Randall Cunningham taking a knee and then getting up to throw a bomb with seconds left in a game where the Eagles were winning by 10 points. Then sending Byars in for a TD as time ran out. That was GREAT!!!! For many here, that ranks higher than the SuperBowl did last year.
    Wow..thanks for the info. I did not know that history. And it's funny, cause it's mostly one-sided. Dallas fan's in general can't stand the Deadskins...but besides that, it's dependant on who the dominant team is...i.e. the Giggles have been tough the last few years, so more people may start disliking them, it was the Giant's before the Giggles (although for some reason I've never disliked the cardinals)....

    But in the playoffs, I always go for the Giggles/Giants as long as Dallas isn't in it...but I never go for those D.C. folks!
  10. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #670  
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Wow..thanks for the info. I did not know that history. And it's funny, cause it's mostly one-sided. Dallas fan's in general can't stand the Deadskins...but besides that, it's dependant on who the dominant team is...i.e. the Giggles have been tough the last few years, so more people may start disliking them, it was the Giant's before the Giggles (although for some reason I've never disliked the cardinals)....

    But in the playoffs, I always go for the Giggles/Giants as long as Dallas isn't in it...but I never go for those D.C. folks!
    I know the feeling, my two favorite teams are the Redskins and whoever is playing the cowchips.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  11. #671  
    Well everybody likes the Cardinals! Because if this were College Football instead of the NFL, the Cardinals would be EVERYBODY's homecoming game. Kind of like Temple.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  12. #672  
    FINALLY!!!! The Eagles had a draft that pleased the city. No head scratchers this year. Did Andy and Joe outsource the job to India???

    I think Houston is stupid for passing on Bush and am really liking what Dennis Green has done with the Cards on offense. Adding Leinart and Edge to a group of talented WR's I think he will put together a juggernaut offense like he had with the Vikes that one year. I want to be the first to nickname their offense: Desert Storm or maybe Desert Strike. If I were a Cards fan I'd finally be excited about football.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  13. #673  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I think Houston is stupid for passing on Bush
    Ever since they resigned Carr to that huge contract, I've had little faith in the people making personnel decisions down at Reliant Stadium. I do not, however, necessarily think Bush would have been a good choice.
  14. #674  
    hmm...with the Ravens getting Steve McNair in a few days...the RAVENS will definitly be SB contenders!
  15. #675  
    Hey now...give some props to NC State's Defensive Line! Two ends and a tackle going in the first round! That rocks! Now, why did we only have a 7-5 record last year? Well, we were in teh 20th percentile in all offensive categories (total yards, rush yards, passing yards, points scored, etc...). But "Super Mario" is an awesome athlete...and only time will tell...I believe both Mario and Bush will do fine in the NFL....and as they say, Defense wins championships!
  16. #676  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Ever since they resigned Carr to that huge contract, I've had little faith in the people making personnel decisions down at Reliant Stadium. I do not, however, necessarily think Bush would have been a good choice.
    Guess you didn't watch him last season.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  17. #677  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Guess you didn't watch him last season.
    Guess you haven't seen the vast majority of heisman winners who stink it up in the NFL.
  18. #678  
    holy crap, this thread is still alive...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  19. #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    holy crap, this thread is still alive...
    Just goes to show you a thread can long outlast the competitiveness of the team that spawned it. :-)
  20. #680  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Just goes to show you a thread can long outlast the competitiveness of the team that spawned it. :-)
    Thanks....you made me spit coffee all over myself!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein

Posting Permissions