Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Please don't say Cowboys and wins Superbowl in the same sentence again.
    heh...while the steelers just got "one for the thumb", the Cowboys may have to start on the other hand!
    can't wait to see the last place giggles face the cowgirls next year in philly.

scalper ticket prices will no doubt push past Super Bowl stratosphererics. Demand will be especially high among those wanting to practice assisted suicide while having a last chance to wear their favorite green T.O. jersey.

(And btw -- I claim bragging rights as the first to have predicted that the giggles would both release T.O. without making a trade, and that he'd end up with the the cowgirls.)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    everyone knew he was going to be released, and i knew the deal was done with the dallas contract 4 days before it was announced, and i heard the new TO.com intro song he and his brother recorded days before the deal was announced...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    everyone knew he was going to be released, and i knew the deal was done with the dallas contract 4 days before it was announced, and i heard the new TO.com intro song he and his brother recorded days before the deal was announced...

at the time of that post, (days after T.O.'s suspension), almost no one imagined him being simply being "released" -- and ending up with the cowgirls.

Quote Originally Posted by ericroberts
    ...Eagles would never trade T.O. in their division. That would be suicide.
    "they may be forced to cut him -- in which case they can't control where he goes.

suppose no one will take TO's existing contract -- will Phila. be willing to subsidize another team's "risk" ???

what if they play hard ball with Philly, knowing he'll be on the open market available at a discount anyway -- why make a trade ??

could happen -- he could land amongst the cowgrls..."
    Last edited by BARYE; 03/20/2006 at 01:34 AM.
    TO as a Cowboy - Did Rico buy an 81 Ismail jersey on ebay and get the name plate changed?

I really can't believe we went from Donovan and TO being best buds and talking about TD's for years to come, to seeing TO on the freaking Cowboys. This could only happen to Philly. The city that couldn't win a free prize. ..

BTW, the Eagles had the audacity to send me a season ticket payment reminder today to my email account. Here is what I replied with:

Dear Mr Lurie,
    Mr Banner,
    Mr Reid,

Thank you for the season ticket payment reminder. I wasn't sure if we had to pay this year with all the money the Eagles have under the cap. I thought you might be saving the cap money in order to afford giving the fans the treat of coming to the games for free this year. So I would just like to return the favor and provide you a reminder that free agency started over a week ago and it is time for YOU shell out some money - not the fans. You are overdue in fact. And just as another reminder, you need FIVE (5) STARTERS on the offensive line. And since you didn't get the few good players available, you have no choice left but to sign Runyan. This is the LATE FEE associated with not paying for free agents when the money was due over a week ago. So just do it already!! And as one last reminder, I'll put this in mathematical terms so you can understand:

TO on Cowboys >> Jabar "Freaking" Gaffney(?!?) on Eagles = Get Moulds(BUF) or Walker(GB) << Cap $$$ available OR we're ALL going to cancel our tickets!!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Denver wouldn't have mind if T.O. decided coming here...don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing...
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    I actually think T.O. is coming here to Denver...don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing...
    What!!!!! Where did you hear that rumor? He signed with Dallas for 25 Million for 3 years and no bad conduct penalties.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    What!!!!! Where did you hear that rumor? He signed with Dallas for 25 Million for 3 years and no bad conduct penalties.
    See goes to show I really didn't care if he came here or not. I haven't watched my ESPN in while. I'm too busy cramming for midterms. Last I heard he wasn't even released yet...Good luck to Dallas though I don't think they can tame him at all
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    I can't believe they give him $10M up front and another $15M over two. It shows that sticking to your guns and acting like a jerk pays off. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I can't believe they give him $10M up front and another $15M over two. It shows that sticking to your guns and acting like a jerk pays off. Go figure.
    to recap for those who've been craming for exams, hiding in jungles, or ducking season ticket extortion letters, this whole thing with T.O. from the beginning was about R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

He brought them to the BIG game, and then he risked his career coming back early to play on his damaged ankle.

He blamed McNab (unfairly no doubt) for then losing it.

He then carried that grudge over to the next season when he expected (foolishly) for McNab to line up with him against management and fight for money that T.O. thought he deserved for his having risked his career on behalf of the giggles franchise.

He beleives that he's one of football's greatest players and that he deserves to be respected as such.

That was what so pissed him off about there being no special celebration/announcement when he made his 100th touchdown reception. He is a special guy, and the giggles could have handled it all differently or not signed him in the first place.

(It ain't bragging when you back it up)
    actually its 5 mill upfront signing bonus. 5 mill the first season, 8 the next, 7 the next.

and it was about respect, Reid and Banner wouldnt open their pocket a lil more to the biggest impact player we had in YEARS, so he found someone who would.

side note, TO's new book "ineligable reciever: from super bowl to sideline" will be out in july and will tell all about his 2 years in philly.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    to recap for those who've been craming for exams, hiding in jungles, or ducking season ticket extortion letters, this whole thing with T.O. from the beginning was about R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

He brought them to the BIG game, and then he risked his career coming back early to play on his damaged ankle.

He blamed McNab (unfairly no doubt) for then losing it.

He then carried that grudge over to the next season when he expected (foolishly) for McNab to line up with him against management and fight for money that T.O. thought he deserved for his having risked his career on behalf of the giggles franchise.

He beleives that he's one of football's greatest players and that he deserves to be respected as such.

That was what so pissed him off about there being no special celebration/announcement when he made his 100th touchdown reception. He is a special guy, and the giggles could have handled it all differently or not signed him in the first place.

(It ain't bragging when you back it up)
    I still wish he had gone somewhere out of conference. The skins will still have to face him twice a year.
    I still wish he had gone somewhere out of conference. The skins will still have to face him twice a year.
    I wish he'd landed in Denver though I expected he'd be a blushing cowgirl.

If Brees is healthy they'd make that team tough.

Skins have 3 great coaches and 3 real good receivers. None are named T.O.

Twice last year the skins made the cowgirls their itch. Maybe not happening that way this season ...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

Twice last year the skins made the cowgirls their itch. Maybe not happening that way this season ...
    I think the skins will be able to match the cowchips in production, they have a good WR corp this year, and I expect the defense to limit QB time in the pocket.
    TO as a Cowboy - Did Rico buy an 81 Ismail jersey on ebay and get the name plate changed?
    LOL, H3LL NO! I hope T.O. does better and doesn't burn any bridges or isn't a distraction in Dallas. He hasn't liked the past two quarterbacks he's played with and now he's in the big D with an old timer QB and nobody of any real substance behind him...hopefully he'll not blow up!

But I'm an old school fan...I don't own any modern jerseys and my favorite is Roger Staubach.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    LOL, H3LL NO! I hope T.O. does better and doesn't burn any bridges or isn't a distraction in Dallas. He hasn't liked the past two quarterbacks he's played with and now he's in the big D with an old timer QB and nobody of any real substance behind him...hopefully he'll not blow up!

But I'm an old school fan...I don't own any modern jerseys and my favorite is Roger Staubach.
    As a cowchip fan, can you forgive TO for dancing on the star and simply disrespecting your cherished symbol? Guess most will if he has a couple of big plays.
    As a cowchip fan, can you forgive TO for dancing on the star and simply disrespecting your cherished symbol? Guess most will if he has a couple of big plays.
    I'm still bitter about it...I don't like the guy and that's one of the biggest reasons. But I guess I'm in the minority....most people ONLY care about winning and this will please those folks. I don't like building a team around a whining brat. He'll produce the first year...we'll make it to the playoffs, maybe win a game or two in the playoffs, then we'll back down the following year and he'll start his normal T.O. BS. That's my prediction. At first, it's going to be a great honeymoon (just like the giggles), but afterwards...yeah, something to be pround of
    C'mon now Rico! You're a Cowboys fan!! The franchise was built around whining brats!!! Or at least obnoxious idiots. Just like went Deion Sanders went there, I can only think that TO should've been a Cowboy from the beginning. He carries on the Cowboys tradtion of other such Ring of Famers as Michael Irvin, Hollywood Henderson, Nate Newtown (is he still in prison yet btw?) and the list goes on. The whole in Dallas' stadium isn't for God, it's for the team's parole officers!!

Who are these six people you are referring to? One of us either doesn't know the Skins roster or one of us can't count.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Who are these six people you are referring to? One of us either doesn't know the Skins roster or one of us can't count.
    the coaches are easy
    Gibbs, Saunders, Williams, Bugel (thats 4 great coaches)
    WR not so easy to say great on 3
    Moss very good, may be great
    Lloyd pretty good, a chance to be great
    Randle El, good and versatile
    Jacobs, has the potential to move into the very good to great area