Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I know, the skins will let Lavar go (hopefully out west somewhere) and probably restructure a few other contracts. Brunell is doing a decent job of working with the other veterans to keep the core group together, but they are in deep.

The Eagles may be in pretty good shape cap wise, but player wise???? They have a lot of holes to fill don't you think.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    I'm almost hoping that the league doesn't get a CBA because the Eagles will have such a huge advantage money wise.

I don't think the Eagles have that many holes to fill compared to their competition. A WR. a DL, an OL and a LB. There is rumor that Shawn Barber will be coming back at LB. That can't cost too much money and would help. But if there is no CBA, I think they will be able a LOT of players at discounted prices this year.

I am also hearing that the if a CBA is reached, there are rumors that the Broncos will make an all out title effort this year signing both Jamal Lewis and sigh... TO. Can anyone imagine Jamal Lewis, TO, and Jake Plummer living together in harmony? It will be the like the Eagles were the last two years. Either a really great team where everyone is happy because they are winning or a really bad team where everyone is bickering. And I'm not too sure about Lewis after last year. I'd much rather get Edge but that would probably be too much money.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I'm almost hoping that the league doesn't get a CBA because the Eagles will have such a huge advantage money wise.

I don't think the Eagles have that many holes to fill compared to their competition. A WR. a DL, an OL and a LB. There is rumor that Shawn Barber will be coming back at LB. That can't cost too much money and would help. But if there is no CBA, I think they will be able a LOT of players at discounted prices this year.

I am also hearing that the if a CBA is reached, there are rumors that the Broncos will make an all out title effort this year signing both Jamal Lewis and sigh... TO. Can anyone imagine Jamal Lewis, TO, and Jake Plummer living together in harmony? It will be the like the Eagles were the last two years. Either a really great team where everyone is happy because they are winning or a really bad team where everyone is bickering. And I'm not too sure about Lewis after last year. I'd much rather get Edge but that would probably be too much money.
    I think you need more than one WR, secondary could be questionable, look pretty thin at RB, back-up QB needs addressed (Donavan gets hurt more every year), who will replace Jon Runyon if he moves on. The team was in turmoil late in the year, how will they come together unless one of the leaders steps up and takes it upon themselves to be a uniter?
    The secondary is solid. Brian Westbrook is pretty damn good when healthy. If Donovan gets hurt it doesn't matter who the backup is no one wins a SuperBowl with a backup.

The question about Runyan is a big ? though. When I put that post up I was sure that the Eagles would have at least signed one big OL by now. Or at least SOMEBODY!! What the HELL are the Eagles doing right now?!? This is turning into a disaster.
    Not true my east coast rival. The NY Giants won the 1990 Superbowl with Jeff Hostetler as their back-up when Phil Simms went down.
    The secondary is solid. Brian Westbrook is pretty damn good when healthy. If Donovan gets hurt it doesn't matter who the backup is no one wins a SuperBowl with a backup.

The question about Runyan is a big ? though. When I put that post up I was sure that the Eagles would have at least signed one big OL by now. Or at least SOMEBODY!! What the HELL are the Eagles doing right now?!? This is turning into a disaster.
    i work for Bwest's website, but i am not bias at all, i dont think he is very great. average NFL RB at best, undersized, injury prone. just my opinion...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    ... no one wins a SuperBowl with a backup.
    You didn't really think I'd let this comment slide by, did you?

Do I really need to remind you that Tom Brady was a backup when he won his first Superbowl?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo

Do I really need to remind you that Tom Brady was a backup when he won his first Superbowl?

Seems to me I remember some guy named Kurt backing up Trent Green (preseason) and the Rams did pretty good the next caouple of years. Their is a lis of back-ups who stepped in and went on to win the SB.

Did you notice the skins really bolstered the WR corp already (B Lloyd from SF, Randle El from Steelers) not great but solid.
    im just5 having a great time modding over at TO's site, its being taken over by hopeful Cowgirl fans
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo

I knew you would comment but I wasn't going to call Tom Brady a backup QB. If you want to say he's nothing more than a backup QB, then that's your opinion not mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    im just5 having a great time modding over at TO's site, its being taken over by hopeful Cowgirl fans
    It sure will be a disaster if TO wins a SuperBowl with the Cowboys.

You know, I do kind of agree with you on Westbrook but I had to talk it up with that Hogette disrespecting the Birds like that. Personally, I think the Eagles should have considered letting Westbrook go and then going hard after Edge. Westbrook is good but not the upper echelon back that he acted like when he was negotiating a new contract.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    It sure will be a disaster if TO wins a SuperBowl with the Cowboys.

You know, I do kind of agree with you on Westbrook but I had to talk it up with that Hogette disrespecting the Birds like that. Personally, I think the Eagles should have considered letting Westbrook go and then going hard after Edge. Westbrook is good but not the upper echelon back that he acted like when he was negotiating a new contract.
    Please don't say Cowboys and wins Superbowl in the same sentence again.

The Eagles really have not done much in free agency to help the holes, Howard was probably the best signing, I still think the secondary could be an issue this year with more and more teams lining up 3 or 4 WR sets. Westbrook is not a feared back in the league. Both Westbrook and Donavan are injury prone and the backup is????

I think you will see Campbell taking a lot of snaps this year, has nice arm strength and was very accurate in college. He has a trio to throw to this year with Moss, Randal-El, and Brandon Lloyd.
    I knew you would comment but I wasn't going to call Tom Brady a backup QB. If you want to say he's nothing more than a backup QB, then that's your opinion not mine.
    Putting words in my mouth again?

I said he WAS a backup QB the FIRST TIME he won the superbowl. Definition of backup? He was not the listed starter at the beginning of the season.

Granted, he was named the starter once Drew was healthy enough to return...
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Please don't say Cowboys and wins Superbowl in the same sentence again.
    - Albert Einstein
    The Eagles are signing Jabar Gaffney!!! WOOHOOO!!!!! oh boy!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The Eagles are signing Jabar Gaffney!!! WOOHOOO!!!!! oh boy!
    Yep, I can see it now

3rd down and 7 from their own 42, Garcia drops back to pass, looks downfield, hits Gaffney for a 2 yard gain. Reid sends out his punting unit, again.
    Boo Birds are out in force today John.
    Gaffney might be a sleeper/solid 3rd WR, but they need real help. Javon Walker/moulds. I also heard Hollis Thomas and draft pick for Chris Chambers (I assume they'd replace Chambers with Owens in Miaimi)
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I wanna see TO return w/Cowgirls to Philly. How much anti-TO will there be.
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    anyone see the TO.com board now? blue and silver, how can i possibly be unbias against all the boys fans?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Well, I don't really know what to say about it! I hope T.O. helps the team and doesn't help tear down the team! Maybe Parcells will be a better coach and be able to control him more. His news conference seemed pretty good, but things seemed great at Philly when T.O. first started there. I honestly didn't think this would happen, but Jerry Jones likes throwing money at stars (D. Sanders). We'll see.