Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    All I was asking for was for the eagles to beat the redskins which would of allowed Dallas to get into the playoffs...but nooooo...they had to loose their last game (which is arguable whether Dallas would of played differently had they known their playoff fate was dependant upon that game). Oh well...there's always next year!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Can you believe the Eagles have their worst season in XXX years and they end up with only the 15th draft choice?? My god. I guess 6-10 just isn't what it used to be.
    I think they are 14th, and the skins are 22nd, at least that is what I saw on-line today. Hope the skins continue to play well, however they are pretty banged up. Regardless of what they do in the playoffs, any year they sweep the cowchips and eagles is a good year.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  3.    #583  
    January with No Eagles... been years since I've had to experience this.

Go Bengals!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Yes it seems wierd with no Eagles in the playoffs. The Birds became the first team go from sweeping their division one year to being swept by it the next. On the bright side, the Eagles were 6-4 against non-division opponents and the helped Dallas get knocked out of the playoffs!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  5.    #585  
    After seeing the Giants put up a 'goose egg' and the Skins beating the Bucs with only 41 throwing yds. and 124 yds. total offense , I feel the Eagles should be right back on top next year. After all, we still have the best QB in the division.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    best qb in division who is old and injury prone dont think so plan on another last place finish eagles had there chances and did nothing with it
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    After seeing the Giants put up a 'goose egg' and the Skins beating the Bucs with only 41 throwing yds. and 124 yds. total offense , I feel the Eagles should be right back on top next year. After all, we still have the best QB in the division.
    I love all you folks who keep bringing up how the Skins won with only 120 yards, how it shows how horrible the team is, how it shows such a glaring weakness. You see who is saying all these things, the fans of the teams the skins swept this year (Eagles, Dullas) those folks who are sitting at home waiting on next year while that horrible weak Skins team will be preparing for the next round of the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I love all you folks who keep bringing up how the Skins won with only 120 yards, how it shows how horrible the team is, how it shows such a glaring weakness. You see who is saying all these things, the fans of the teams the skins swept this year (Eagles, Dullas) those folks who are sitting at home waiting on next year while that horrible weak Skins team will be preparing for the next round of the playoffs.
    against a team they've already beaten...

(BTW -- what does the leaque contract say about paying the salaries of players who don't show up -- were the offensive skins paid for last week ??)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Wooah now...I don't think there's too many other D-fans on this site (none I can think of) and I didn't say the Deadskins were horrible because of 120 yards...I think they stink just plainly b/c they're the deadskins....no further reason needed
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Wooah now...I don't think there's too many other D-fans on this site (none I can think of) and I didn't say the Deadskins were horrible because of 120 yards...I think they stink just plainly b/c they're the deadskins....no further reason needed
    Fair enough RicoM. I have heard it from all the sportscenter crew, the SI staff and then here treosixoo. Stinking in the playoffs is much better than stinking in front of the TV in dallas
    Fair enough RicoM. I have heard it from all the sportscenter crew, the SI staff and then here treosixoo. Stinking in the playoffs is much better than stinking in front of the TV in dallas
    HAAAA!! This made me laugh out loud!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    You see who is saying all these things, the fans of the teams the skins swept this year (Eagles, Dullas) those folks who are sitting at home waiting on next year while that horrible weak Skins team will be preparing for the next round of the playoffs.
    It's also funny how one year's "sweep" quickly makes you forget of the 5 or 6 years in a row Dallas sweeped Washington

Hey...I gotta bring up history cause as you already pointed out...my boys got to take an early "vacation"!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    It's also funny how one year's "sweep" quickly makes you forget of the 5 or 6 years in a row Dallas sweeped Washington

Hey...I gotta bring up history cause as you already pointed out...my boys got to take an early "vacation"!
    That's fine, trust me I have not forgotten the down years in DC, nor have I forgotten the trophy case in Fed-Ex field. The past just makes the present soooo much sweeter
    That's fine, trust me I have not forgotten the down years in DC, nor have I forgotten the trophy case in Fed-Ex field. The past just makes the present soooo much sweeter
    Nothing like living "in the now". Can't take that away from you
    Aren't those trophy cases in RFK? It's been THAT long.

And I have to agree with Treo600 in that the Eagles will be back in the hunt again next season. On top of watching the Redskins pathetic 120 yards just look at how the Birds did down the stretch. Even with all the injuries and things that went wrong this year, the Eagles were still hanging in games with the Redskins and Giants despite having Mike McMahon at QB. As long McNabb comes back healthy and they reload the WR position, there is no reason to believe they won't be in the thick of it again. The division isn't that tough.

The Redskins really improved this year and I don't think they stink, but everyone else will when Seattle takes it to 'em this week.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Aren't those trophy cases in RFK? It's been THAT long.

And I have to agree with Treo600 in that the Eagles will be back in the hunt again next season. On top of watching the Redskins pathetic 120 yards just look at how the Birds did down the stretch. Even with all the injuries and things that went wrong this year, the Eagles were still hanging in games with the Redskins and Giants despite having Mike McMahon at QB. As long McNabb comes back healthy and they reload the WR position, there is no reason to believe they won't be in the thick of it again. The division isn't that tough.

The Redskins really improved this year and I don't think they stink, but everyone else will when Seattle takes it to 'em this week.
    OK, it has been a long while since we hoisted a trophy high above our heads in celebration. Remind me again, when did the Eagles do that last?

The Eagles lost their chance, your hoping for a fully recoverd QB, looking to reload at WR, need to find a running back shore up weak spots in defense and hope no one else jumps ship.

Everyone knows 120 yards is not a typical offense for the skins, look at it this way, that is all they needed. The "D" stood up and shut down TB, to include top quality recievers, highly rated running backs, and an excellant coach.
    This week will be a much bigger test for their D. I think Seattle has the second best offensive line for running the football next to only that of KC.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    RRRRR. Those damn skins!!! They should have never made it out of Tampa. That offense of their's (Skins) is just horrendous, 120 Total yards against the Bucs. Plus that D is nothing compared to TB's. Those 2 fumbles in the first quarter really really hurt the Bucs. Oh well that is the way the pigskin bounces. You skins are NOT, I repeat, NOT going to beat Seattle.

Damn I am whining. Well Good luck Seattle.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    The "D" stood up and shut down TB, to include top quality recievers, highly rated running backs, and an excellant coach.
    That D is terrible!!! You did not stand us up!! We still put 10 points up with our pathetic Offense, We could have been tied had that catch stood in the endone. Stood up and shut down? WTF are you smoking and can I have some?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    RRRRR. Those damn skins!!! They should have never made it out of Tampa. That offense of their's (Skins) is just horrendous, 120 Total yards against the Bucs. Plus that D is nothing compared to TB's. Those 2 fumbles in the first quarter really really hurt the Bucs. Oh well that is the way the pigskin bounces. You skins are NOT, I repeat, NOT going to beat Seattle.

Damn I am whining. Well Good luck Seattle.
    I understand your frustration, could not even beat a team that only had 120 yards . If I remember there was an interception late in the game (3 mins in 4th), on TB side of the field and what did TB do with the turnover? You may be right, they may not beat Seattle, but I can guarentee you that TB will not win again this year .