Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    One goal is worth only 3 points, no?
    Well, that's a field goal at least, lol. What he actually meant was one team, one city, one dream. That's the Eagles slogan this postseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    It's a rough time to be in Philly... your football team finally makes it to the superbowl and then you have to meet the Pats. This is going to be a great game, but with the coaches on the pats, Tom Brady, Corey Dillon, Adam Vinitari, and the D Fence... the eagles don't stand a snowball's chance in hell.
    Funny, I thought you could say the same thing, but replace the following:
    rough = GREAT
    on the pats = on the Birds
    Tom Brady = Donovan McNabb
    Corey Dillon = Brian Westbrook
    Adam Vinitari = David Akers
    D Fence = Da Fence (it is Philly...lol)
    the eagles = the pats

Oh, but I can add Da Freak, TO and Brian Dawkins

I think it'll be a good game either way!

One is the number of wins we need.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Cool.
    So what do you do about Fear of Flying?
    I only fear hitting dancing chickens with my aircraft.
    Last edited by jkoons; 01/24/2005 at 04:38 PM.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
  4.    #44  
    THE EAGLES ARE GOING TO SHOCK THE WORLD ON FEB. 6th!!!

GO E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Calm down. You're only perpetuating the notion that Phili is happy to finally have won the NFC they will forget there is another game coming.

go pats
  6.    #46  
    Oh no, we will win one more game this year!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    It's a rough time to be in Philly... your football team finally makes it to the superbowl and then you have to meet the Pats. This is going to be a great game, but with the coaches on the pats, Tom Brady, Corey Dillon, Adam Vinitari, and the D Fence... the eagles don't stand a snowball's chance in hell.
    Funny somebody thought that the RedSox's didn't have a snowballs chance in hell either.
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    The Red Sox had less than a snowball's chance in hell when they were down 3-0 to the NYY's. I like the Eagles chances better.

I was at the game Sunday and let me tell you it may have been the coldest game in Eagles history. Beers were freezing within minutes AFTER being taken out of the cooler. We turned a can upside down and crushed it to get slush out only minutes after being opened. A fan would buy a beer in the stadium and the foam was frost by the time he got back to his seat. I couldn't feel any toes by the end of the award presentation and was sure I had frostbite despite 3 pairs of socks and boots. Luckily feeling came back while walking back to the car. But the weather couldn't stop the Birds from winning - or the fans from drinking!

As for the all PA SuperBowl... you can only blame Pgh this year. We held up our end of the bargain. Too bad. I could relate with their fans if it wasn't for their 4 SB victories. But they can't really complain getting as far as they did with a rookie at QB. I feel bad for Duce - I keep joking that he was the Eagles curse. Poor Duce. Is he the only guy to ever lose 4 Championship games in a row?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    As for the all PA SuperBowl... you can only blame Pgh this year. We held up our end of the bargain. Too bad.
    Too bad what? That they had to play in the AFC where there was competition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    The Red Sox had less than a snowball's chance in hell when they were down 3-0 to the NYY's. I like the Eagles chances better.
    For the record the Sox where not just down 3-0 in the series. There where only 6 outs left in the game before they came back. That's about as close to the edge as you can get b4 you fall.

I just don't see how Philly can win. The Pats shut down the best Offence in the NFL with only a fieldgoal allowed. The next week they run up 41 points against the best defence in the land. Now the Eagles... it's going to be an uphill battle for the eagles. But hey, even the Fish beat the Pats...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I thought it was the ninth inning? http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

At the least, they were in extra innings, so they were always 3 outs from losing should the Yanks score a run.

On a side note, it was really gratifying, in looking up the above URL to click on "October" from the 2004 schedule and think "wait, did they play in November?" Oh yeah.
  12.    #52  
    it's going to be an uphill battle for the eagles.
    "Any given Sunday!!"
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  13.    #53  
    I want all you Pats fans to be "all puffed up!" The more you think this is going to be a blowout, the more gratification I am going to get when we "kick that a**!!"
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    If anything, Pats fans are calm and collected. Eagles fans and all of Phily seam to think they are about the witness the second coming.

go pats
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    If anything, Pats fans are calm and collected. Eagles fans and all of Phily seam to think they are about the witness the second coming.

go pats
    The Philly fans also "seam" to be able to spell the word seem.
    Bah, I'm so calm and collected I don't even realize when I'm mispalling things. :-)
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    The Philly fans also "seam" to be able to spell the word seem.
    Okay, that was hilarious!
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Too bad what? That they had to play in the AFC where there was competition?
    Too bad the Pats aren't in the NFC so that we would be talking about an ALL-PA SuperBowl right now.
    Zing! I should start bookmarking all these comments to serve with that side of crow I'm having delivered all across Philly a week from this coming monday. :=)
    For the record the Sox where not just down 3-0 in the series. There where only 6 outs left in the game before they came back. That's about as close to the edge as you can get b4 you fall.
    That was pretty amazing. I guess The Curse took the year off!
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast