Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    I think the Eagles are upset because they are afraid that if an owner hints that he would pick up TO this season, then TO will stir up the media again and create a distraction in order to try to force the Eagles to release him.

And to answer your question of why don't the Eagles just release him, it is quite simple. The NFL is at the point of the season where if the Eagles released TO, they would still have to pay him for the remaining games in the season anyway. So if they cut him, Dallas could pick him up for the remainder of the season and the Eagles would still have to pay him. Imagine if the Cowboys won the SuperBowl with a TO that was still on the Eagles payroll. The Birds would not only look stupid, the backlash in Philly would be unparalled in the history of the organization. That is why they won't just cut him this season. It would be stupid. They will cut him after the season and let him go wherever he wants.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    you will call me crazy, but i could still see TO and the front office sit down before march, decrease his bonus due in march, and keep TO in midnight Green.

if this doesnt happen, dont expect us to go out and get anyone to replace TO. Reggie Wayne will be resigned by Indy, after him theres nothing worth getting. it will be Pink, Reggie, and Greg. "reid guys"

dont expect to draft a WR either with our high 1st round pick we are destined to have. we will either trade down, or draft an O lineman.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    You are crazy! But heck, the word crazy is right smack in the middle of your name, cpcrazyfly. But I know where you're coming from. I expected McNabb to Owens to be the staple that Montana to Rice was. I wish it would all magically work out somehow. But it's like that girl you really liked who dumped you. You think, maybe if I just call her one more time she'll come to her senses and it'll magically work out. But it ain't, and it's time to stop beating ourselves with it. Just another Philly sports tragedy. The Eagles now have their Eric Lindros. Was thinking if Manny Ramirez comes here we should just give him an 88 or 81 Phillies jersey.

I think the Eagles have a decent chance of getting Reggie Wayne. I don't see the Colts as being capable of signing him. Right now Edge is playing as the franchise player and I don't think the Colts will do it to him again with the year he is having. So they're going to have the open the vault for him. Then the question is can they payroll the HUGE salaries of Manning, Edge and Harrison and then add Reggie Wayne to that list? Wayne had about the same numbers as Harrison the last two years (last year they were better) and I can imagine him wanting the same deal he got. I just can't imagine Indy tying that much money up into two WR's. Of course they could go the opposite way and let Edge go, promote Rhodes to first team/draft a RB and then sign Wayne instead. But I think it more likely they will let Wayne go.

After Wayne, I am also unaware of anyone else who would be worth getting. The Cowboys just cut Peerless Price. I thought the Eagles should take a chance and pick him up. It couldn't cost much and I can't see the downside of trying it.

As for the guys we got, I really like Reggie Brown. I think he'll develop into a number one. I am disappointed in Greg Lewis because after last year I thought he was going to be a consistant deep threat. Apparently he only works well as a number three receiver. Billy McMullen is not even worth mentioning, and Pinkie is Pinkie. He'll stretch defenses but he won't make the tough catches for you. It amazes me how Reid is soooooo in love with the pass but is so poor at evaluating WR's. He passed on Chad Johnson to draft Freddie Mitchell. If he hadn't botched that one we wouldn't even had needed to pick up TO last year and would be set at WR for the rest of the decade.
    ahem
    Is this the most lop sided monday night game ever i am enjoying every minute of it. Lets go Giants
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    Is this the most lop sided monday night game ever i am enjoying every minute of it. Lets go Giants
    It's incredibly bad.

I wish Al would jam something into Madden's pie hole and tell him to shut his fat f'ing trap. What an enormous waste of space that man is. Insightful comments? How about ...."when you get to the playoffs, your running game and defense become very important"....or maybe..."what McMahon wants to do here is complete a pass"....Really??? You're kidding me. Holy crap, you've unlocked the secrets of this game, haven't you John?

Ok, I'm done ranting....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    It will be interesting to see if Seattle can play this good when they play the Colts.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

That game was painful to watch. I thought it only rained in Seattle, but apparently they are ready for snow. SIX turnovers, 3 returned for TDs.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Philly looked like the University of Colorado, except without the high-scoring offensive performance.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Maybe Philly thought if they played bad enough they would bypass Houston for the first pick in the draft. I do not know of any other reason to play the way they did, especially on Monday night. Seattle did not play well at all, what did they have, less than 200 yards of total offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Maybe Philly thought if they played bad enough they would bypass Houston for the first pick in the draft. I do not know of any other reason to play the way they did, especially on Monday night. Seattle did not play well at all, what did they have, less than 200 yards of total offense.
    No way! Reggie's ours! And looking at the way the Texans finished up the last two games, I think they want him as well.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    No way! Reggie's ours! And looking at the way the Texans finished up the last two games, I think they want him as well.
    Come on now, Texas will have a Bush there for a long time still, DC is going to lose George in a couple of years, let Reggie go to DC, please. Where else would you see Clinton (Portis) and (Reggie) Bush work together so well?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    What's Reggie's ours stuff? I've never once heard you talk about any team other than the Pats. Let alone identifying yourself with the Texans. Getting on the bandwagon a little early aren't we?

"All aboard for the Reggie Bush Express. Beat the crowds and be first in line."

And no Seattle wasn't that good, the Eagles QB's were THAT bad. I think McMahon passed for more yards to Seahawls.

BTW Jo, it's a fact that John Madden rules!! Football blasphemy to say otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    What's Reggie's ours stuff? I've never once heard you talk about any team other than the Pats. Let alone identifying yourself with the Texans. Getting on the bandwagon a little early aren't we?

And no Seattle wasn't that good, the Eagles QB's were THAT bad. I think McMahon passed for more yards to Seahawls.
    Pats are still my #1 team. I've adopted the Texans, and for all of their games, save one (guess which one that was: hint: Adam missed a game winner), I've routed for them. Kinda like the Sox and the Stros.

Oh, and the Seahawks didn't have to pass for anything since the Eagles had a way of handing them the ball and then getting out of their way.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Philadelphia Eagles have lost another Pro Bowl player to injury. Running back Brian Westbrook will not play again this season because of a foot injury, the team said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051207/...l_westbrook_dc

Note to coach Reid: Pull all starters and 2nd string players,put them in an undisclosed location and hire a security firm to keep them safe until training camp (2006) begins.
  16.    #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Philadelphia Eagles have lost another Pro Bowl player to injury. Running back Brian Westbrook will not play again this season because of a foot injury, the team said.
    Good thing B-West got his $$$ because if this injury would have happened before they 'showed him the $$$' he would be SOL!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    playoffs? good luck with that
    How we looking now? How those Eags doin'?

Go Bucs!!!!
    Ha! That's just hurtful.....funny, but hurtful!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    The Bucs didn't make the playoffs yet. Just keep counting those chickens.

Maybe the Eagles can get Eric Moulds next year. I think he still has plenty of football left in him and I think the Bills will be cutting him.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    The Bucs didn't make the playoffs yet. Just keep counting those chickens.
    Never said we were in, we just are looking a bit better, and, You Eags are elimanated, correct? And to think we(The Bucs) did not do it to you guys this year.

Maybe the Eagles can get Eric Moulds next year. I think he still has plenty of football left in him and I think the Bills will be cutting him.
    Huh?