Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 818
  1. #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    It's Over!!
    Pats are hanging in there. If they can figure out their secondary and get Dillon healthy while still making the playoffs (most likely without a bye), they still might make a run at it. But a lot of things have to fall into place...
  2. #522  
    Possibilities of where T.O. could go... I don't like the number 1 choice!
  3. #523  
    I sure hope he doesn't team up with Bledsoe. I like Drew. But I dislike TO more.
  4. #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Possibilities of where T.O. could go... I don't like the number 1 choice!

    the cwgrls have a history of managing outsized egos -- and Parcells has an ego big and tough enough to deal with TO too.

    he might really workout there -- which is why I'd rather he endup some where else.

    (maybe Miami Oakland Atlanta...I'd prefer Oakland)
    Last edited by BARYE; 11/15/2005 at 01:47 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  5. #525  
    Rico,

    Here's a link for you to check out...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/NFL-Reebok-Cowbo...ayphotohosting

    If you just change the name plate it'd be a pretty good deal because Jerry Jones was asked if TO spiking the Cowboys' star would prevent him from taking him as a Cowboy. Jones replied that TO could sleep on the Star for all he cared if he became a Cowboy. He then said that he didn't want to say anymore because TO is still under contract and that would be tampering.

    It would break my heart to see TO in a Cowboys jersey. His fall to the Sith would truly be complete. But it would certainly take the rivalry to a new personal level of bitterness which always makes for fun TV. Another EP III scene starring TO....

    "You're breaking my heart TO. You're a better person than this. I could forgive you for killing the younglings but you're going down a path I can't follow if you become a Cowboy."
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  6. #526  
    Question for NE fans:

    I saw some clip from the Pats/Steelers game where a Pat went down and Steelers trainer ran out to help him. Bellichick screamed at the Pgh trainer to get away from his player. What the heck was that all about?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  7. #527  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Question for NE fans:

    I saw some clip from the Pats/Steelers game where a Pat went down and Steelers trainer ran out to help him. Bellichick screamed at the Pgh trainer to get away from his player. What the heck was that all about?
    Secrecy. He didn't want the opposing team to know what was going on with his players. Sounds heartless, and to a degree, it probably is. But it typifies the "win at all costs without breaking the rules" mentality that has served them well in the past. Last year it was putting a WR at CB.
  8. #528  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    His fall to the Sith would truly be complete. But it would certainly take the rivalry to a new personal level of bitterness which always makes for fun TV. Another EP III scene starring TO....

    "You're breaking my heart TO. You're a better person than this. I could forgive you for killing the younglings but you're going down a path I can't follow if you become a Cowboy."
    LMAO
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  9. #529  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Secrecy. He didn't want the opposing team to know what was going on with his players. Sounds heartless, and to a degree, it probably is. But it typifies the "win at all costs without breaking the rules" mentality that has served them well in the past. Last year it was putting a WR at CB.
    I'm not sure how I feel about that. If I were the Pgh trainer just trying to help a guy, I would've been pretty offended though. Bellichick has already been warned by the league on several occassions about breaking league rules concerning full disclosure on the injury report. To take it to this level though is being wound a little too tight IMO.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  10. #530  
    I'm avoiding, deliberately avoiding, saying whether or not the Cowboys would be interested. He's a player that is a competitive player. He's an outstanding addition to an offense ... In general, I am a risk-taker. We've gone down that road. We've had some situations that worked and some that didn't. Alonzo Spellman had a great year with us. Alonzo certainly had some issues ... I probably have a propensity to try and make things work ... We've got a quarterback in Bledsoe who is arguably as fine a long-ball thrower as there is in the league. A top receiver could flourish with Drew Bledsoe. That's always appealing.
    -- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, on the Dunham and Miller Show on KCTK in Dallas, on the prospect of Terrell Owens playing for the Cowboys in the future.


    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
  11. #531  
    The season is over. All that remains is how high of a draft pick can we get. I want Reggie Bush!!

    As for TO, I would say that he, Andy and Donovan's disfunctional relationship has ruined my year. I would like to thank all three of these petty persons for using my season ticket dollars on the toilet right before flushing them down the drain. Thanks guys. Want to use my car for a demolition derby now? Being a vengeful person I hope that:

    1) Donovan has a long and grueling rehab. (but that he's 100% for next year)
    2) TO is forced to sit out all season, is forced to give back most of his money, and ends up playing for the league minimum next year on the Arizona Cardinals.
    3) Andy Reid gains all that weight back plus a third chin as interest while
    stuffing his face full of turkey and stoving this Thanksgiving. I can already see the gravy dripping over his chins, down his throat and all over his Eagles bib. And as he goes to break the wishbone with a relative, only to see the short piece end up in his hand, he starts crying as he realizes he can't even win that contest.

    What can I say? I AM from Philly.
    Last edited by Bob-C; 11/22/2005 at 09:27 AM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  12. #532  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    The season is over. All that remains is how high of a draft pick can we get. I want Reggie Bush!!

    As for TO, I would say that he, Andy and Donovan's disfunctional relationship has ruined my year. I would like to thank all three of these petty persons for using my season ticket dollars on the toilet right before flushing them down the drain. Thanks guys. Want to use my car for a demolition derby now? Being a vengeful person I hope that:

    1) Donovan has a long and grueling rehab. (but that he's 100% for next year)
    2) TO is forced to sit out all season, is forced to give back most of his money, and ends up playing for the league minimum next year on the Arizona Cardinals.
    3) Andy Reid gains all that weight back plus a third chin as interest while
    stuffing his face full of turkey and stoving this Thanksgiving. I can already see the gravy dripping over his chins, down his throat and all over his Eagles bib. And as he goes to break the wishbone with a relative, only to see the short piece end up in his hand, he starts crying as he realizes he can't even win that contest.

    What can I say? I AM from Philly.
    LOL, this actually made me spit coffee on my desk...thanks!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  13. #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    The season is over. All that remains is how high of a draft pick can we get. I want Reggie Bush!!
    No way. Texans have that pick locked up. :-)
  14.    #534  
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  15. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #535  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    No way. Texans have that pick locked up. :-)
    I don't know, maybe they want a USC quarterback, and then Green Bay gets Bush (or better yet another Bush in Washington )
  16. #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    - Hope your coffee wasn't too hot Jo.

    - Yes that cartoon is a riot.

    - I agree that the Texans DO have a lock on that draft pick.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  17. #537  
    I can't believe that the EAGLES organization are once again whining about TO. OK, so they filed a complaint against the Dallas Cowboys because of what Jones said. WaWaWa.. Why.. Isn't this the guy that supposely "screwed up your season"? Did you guys not suspend him so he couldn't play for the rest of the season? Don't you want him outta Philly.. So why the He11 are you complaining because some owner says on radio that they like to deal players like TO. What the heck? Move the F on.... Sorry guys but I am a TO supporter. Sorry it didn't work out in Philly, I am a Philly fan and I am not a Dallas fan, but stop c*ck blocking. He's been very unhappy in Philly because "McNabb is the greatest" and he can do no wrong. Let him move on to a divisional rival team so he can prove what you guys had lost out on which would be a great player.
  18. #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    I can't believe that the EAGLES organization are once again whining about TO. OK, so they filed a complaint against the Dallas Cowboys because of what Jones said. WaWaWa.. Why.. Isn't this the guy that supposely "screwed up your season"? Did you guys not suspend him so he couldn't play for the rest of the season? Don't you want him outta Philly.. So why the He11 are you complaining because some owner says on radio that they like to deal players like TO. What the heck? Move the F on.... Sorry guys but I am a TO supporter. Sorry it didn't work out in Philly, I am a Philly fan and I am not a Dallas fan, but stop c*ck blocking. He's been very unhappy in Philly because "McNabb is the greatest" and he can do no wrong. Let him move on to a divisional rival team so he can prove what you guys had lost out on which would be a great player.
    Huh? Who's whining and what complaint? Any links or were you just venting? I checked SI.com and only saw three articles about the eagles/cowboys....one was McNabb getting surgery...one was that Michael Irvin was brought up on drug charges (way to go Mike), and one was that our MLB was put on IR and may retire. Oh, and contrary to you...I'm not a fan of T.O. Winning is nice, but not worth ruining a team over.
  19. #539  
    IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is hoping for a quick resolution to tampering charges brought against the team by the Philadelphia Eagles over comments he made about suspended Eagles wide receiver Terrell Owens.

    "I was surprised about the charges," Jones told the Dallas Morning News for Tuesday editions. "I'm sorry if I hurt their feelings. I was very careful in my comments not to get involved in tampering. I supported their stance in the hearing, and I was pleased with the results. I wouldn't have wanted the outcome to be any different."


    The Eagles filed a tampering complaint against the Cowboys after Jones suggested on a radio show that his team is often interested in players such as Owens.


    Jones said the Cowboys will send a transcript of his comments on his weekly radio show to the league office in the interest of resolving the tampering claim quickly.


    "In general, I am a risk-taker. We've gone down that road," Jones said when asked if the Cowboys might be interested in Owens. "I probably have a propensity to try and make things work. ... A top receiver could flourish with Drew Bledsoe. That's always appealing."


    NFL spokesman Michael Signora confirmed Sunday the Eagles filed the complaint over Jones' remark and said "the matter is under review."


    Owens was suspended for four games by the Eagles on Nov. 5 for criticizing quarterback Donovan McNabb, fighting with team "ambassador" Hugh Douglas and other actions deemed detrimental to the team. Last Tuesday, the suspension was upheld by an arbitrator.


    After the suspension ends, the Eagles are expected to deactivate Owens for the rest of the season. He is expected to be traded or released for next season.

    NFL bylaws prohibit "any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL."


    Here you go sir... Got it from ESPN.com. Honestly I think TO had to do what he did because he didn't want to stay on the team. How does this sound:
    TO: I want more money or be traded, I'm not happy here.
    Eagles: No
    TO: Let me get traded.
    Eagles: No

    So the only way out was for him to create the drama so Philly would have no choice but to release him. Now they are getting upset because other teams esp in the same division want to verbally say they are interested. That's just wrong.
  20. #540  
    That's what I was looking for...the article. Thanks.

Posting Permissions