Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Keep daydreaming 'Skins fan. This is the week the Eagles open up the running game all over the Redskins. I guarantee it because everyone else has the last couple of weeks. Reid has to see that on film and not having T.O. this week means Westbrook-mania. It'll be about time.

BTW, Pats fans... is this the week the Colts finally do ya in?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Just imagine the score if the donkeys had played four quarters
    I'm just shocked the Broncos were involved in a blowout that didn't involved the Colts and a sad plane ride home. Must not be playoff time yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Keep daydreaming 'Skins fan. This is the week the Eagles open up the running game all over the Redskins. I guarantee it because everyone else has the last couple of weeks. Reid has to see that on film and not having T.O. this week means Westbrook-mania. It'll be about time.

I've had a hard time understanding Iggles fans recently, then I understood that they must have bitten clean through their tonques after realizing the degree to which their team depends on a player they wanted to hate. (have an awful Sunday).
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Well, my wish of not hearing from TO was not granted. Now I just hope they boot him off the team. Let him play for the Raiders.
    TO is ridiculous. An absolute disgrace to team sports. I wish he could be banned from the NFL. DMac should give him the beating of his life.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    I'm just shocked the Broncos were involved in a blowout that didn't involved the Colts and a sad plane ride home. Must not be playoff time yet!
    It's hard for you to talk about this year and this team....cause they smoked your Iggles.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Well, my wish of not hearing from TO was not granted. Now I just hope they boot him off the team. Let him play for the Raiders.
    They would take him.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Got to give props to Reggie Brown. He has some huge shoes to fill tonight, and did a pretty decent jobs 5 catches for 91 yards and his first NFL TD.
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    the feebles played a decent game --

gutsy really -- especially when you consider that their best player was home on IR -- with a broken mouth ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Come on Iggles, what are ya'll doing to me? I wanted ya'll to win for two reasons...1) I didn't want the loss to be blamed on not having T.O. there (ya'll did make it TO the SB last year without him). And 2) Being a Cowboys fan, I can never root for the Deadskins. Ya'll let me down!
    Unfortunately TO is going to look around, see the iggles lose and think that he was the only thing that made them win. He's never going to see that he's the problem, not the solution. And this whole thing will repeat itself, just as it's done for the past few years.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

Glad no one bothered me during my daydreams.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Come on Iggles, what are ya'll doing to me? I wanted ya'll to win for two reasons...1) I didn't want the loss to be blamed on not having T.O. there (ya'll did make it TO the SB last year without him). And 2) Being a Cowboys fan, I can never root for the Deadskins. Ya'll let me down!
    Well, in Owen's mind he will think he was the reason. But, with him the Broncos really put the hurt on the Eagles, now without him they made a game out of it. Donavan hit, what, 7 receivers Sunday. They just could not run against the skins. I hear Dallas is talking to the Eagles about Owens joining them?
    I kind of get the feeling that a torch will be passed this week, yes. The pats are like the old fighter, bloodied and bruised, that will remain competitive for a while, but won't be able to lay the smack down on the young guy across the ring for much longer...
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    It's hard for you to talk about this year and this team....cause they smoked your Iggles.
    That's not a big accomplishment this year. Unfortunately. In Philly, the Curse has given rise to a code which allows a fan to adopt up to one team in each sport as long as it is not in Phila's conference. In the NFL, the Broncos have been mine seen I was about 16 (i.e. Claire's age ). So that loss was a hard game to watch. I just hope the Broncos don't tank it in the playoffs again. Because I don't have high expectations for the Eagles the rest of the year.

As for this mess with TO, I don't like defending TO anymore but this time around the Eagles brought this one on themselves when they idiotically decided not to recognize TO's 100th TD. That was plain ignorant and came off as spiteful. Only about a half dozen receivers have ever gotten 100 TD's and they didn't even bother to take 5 seconds to congratulate him over the PA system after it happened. It would've required no effort. When Favre reached 30,000 yards they stopped the game for him at GB. I agree with TO that it showed the Eagles organization as having no class.

I also think Hugh Douglas should remember he's not a player on the team anymore and to leave policing the team to the players and Andy Reid. He had no business going into the locker room and implying that TO was faking an injury. Owens had every right to get pissed off and given that TO and Douglas had nearly gotten in two fights during preseason, Hugh may as well have just come up to Owens and spat in face or slapped upside the head. Either way a fight was going to break out. That's what Douglas has wanted for awhile.

Having said all that, TO has his own share of the blame to shoulder. I have no problem with the shots he took at the Eagles organization. They were justified. But yet again he felt it necessary to take his frustrations with the Eagles organization out on McNabb. I guess he really was offended when McNabb said they could win without him last year when he went down. If that is really what this is all about, then Hugh Douglas is correct in saying TO needs counseling.

Not that any of this matters now. Reid just announced that TO is done for the year. He will be suspended for 4 games and Keyshawned for the rest of the year. Too bad it came to this.
    Went to TO's website and tried to go to the message board and this is what I got:

Board Offline
    Welcome!

We are in the process of upgrading our forums, please try again later!

If you are the board administrator, you can log in below and begin setting up your new board
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    What a great Fing DAY!!

TO gone! Suspended for the rest of the year via and overweight Opie Taylor.

Skins win!!! Ooo eagles..... Maybe next year....
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Sorry the birds lost...tough game. They need to run the damn ball.

ECSTATIC that TO is gone for the year. YAY!!!! Couldn't happen to a nice a-hole. Who cares that they didn't pat him on the back for 100 TD's? He's supposed to be a professional, he should act like one.

As for him going to Dallas....does anyone here really think Parcells will put up with his crybaby antics for even half a second? Oakland? The two biggest egos on the same team? I'd LOVE to see that....all the potential to be unstoppable yet neither will play when the other is on the field!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    God-damn-it.....

Now I gotta buy a new Eagles jersey.
    I'm going to predict a Colts win tonight. I just don't think the Pats can beat them an umpteenth time in a row. And I have Edge on my fantasy team. So go Colts!

As far as TO and Oakland, that might be perfect. They could just let TO and Moss bother each other all week and leave the rest of the team alone.
    Last edited by Bob-C; 11/07/2005 at 10:30 PM.